Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Buying tickets with no booking fee

Out of touch, what are the ways to buy without incurring the booking fee?

can you do it with phone bookings?

Comments

• Out of touch, what are the ways to buy without incurring the booking fee?

No, you get charged £2.50 over the phone.

I don't think you pay if you book on-line but then you have to work your way around the on-line system. Personally I'd rather pay the £2.50 and know it's done.
  • Out of touch, what are the ways to buy without incurring the booking fee?

Book on the website,using the collection option or print ticket option.
  • edited March 2017
    It had been a while since I'd tried to log into the ticket website. I couldn't get the password right, so tapped onto the password reset.
    I was expecting some gobbledegook to allow me back in, but they sent me the password I had previously used. Turns out it was Daisy's name and some very rude words. I must have been angry with her the day I set that up.
  • edited March 2017

Fair weather fan, not proper Charlton :wink: .

Edit; assume it is for the MK game, let's hope we have a bumper turnout for PC Palmer.
  • HarryLime said:

It had been a while since I'd tried to log into the ticket website. I couldn't get the password right, so tapped onto the password reset.
    I was expecting some gobbledegook to allow me back in, but they sent me the password I had previously used. Turns out it was Daisy's name and some very rude words. I must have been angry with her the day I set that up.

Either that, or there is a disgruntled employee in IT resetting people's passwords!
  • I did it online and then saved a weird QR code on my phone. I assume the readers can read the phones and I don't actually have to print it out...
  • WSS said:

I did it online and then saved a weird QR code on my phone. I assume the readers can read the phones and I don't actually have to print it out...

It does work on phones, you don't need to print it.

The Belgians have made a right mess of the ticket office generally, but I think the buy online option for home tickets is pretty good. I've done it for mates on my phone a couple of times, 2.30pm on a matchday, en route to the game - it beats queuing up outside the West Stand.
  • clive said:

Book on the website,using the collection option or print ticket option.
    Did this for the Bury game choosing print at home. Tickets also arrived in the post ...
  • MrLargo said:

WSS said:

I did it online and then saved a weird QR code on my phone. I assume the readers can read the phones and I don't actually have to print it out...

The Belgians have made a right mess of the ticket office generally, but I think the buy online option for home tickets is pretty good. I've done it for mates on my phone a couple of times, 2.30pm on a matchday, en route to the game - it beats queuing up outside the West Stand.
    Are you sure? I've always printed my e-tickets.
  • Sponsored links:

• I've used printed e tickets, it works well

I assume the bar code would work from your phone screen, though never tried it
  • I've used printed e tickets, it works well

I assume the bar code would work from your phone screen, though never tried it

Never tried this as I have a season ticket but I cant see why it wouldn't though It still amazes me the problems people have at the gates when they ignore the instruction on the screen and end up trying to move their tickets about to all sorts of angles to get them to work or they open up their STs if they have one of those to gain entry when the gate works like an Oyster card machine on the tube and you don't have to take it out of its wallet and only have to present it to the bit on the face of the machine to gain entry. Technology and Charlton fans clearly doesn't mix well
  • having dramas with the online booking system. good isn't it?
  • MrLargo said:

WSS said:

Are you sure? I've always printed my e-tickets.
    Yeah, done it on train on way to ground. If it doesn't scan, a steward will let you through the gate.

You were warned.

Ring up and ask for Katie, she's brilliant.

You were warned.

Don't listen to him, Paige is your best bet :wink: .
  • RedChaser said:

having dramas with the online booking system. good isn't it?

You were warned.

No, Katy is top ticket office staff member.

(There really is a Katy in the office and she really is good. Not a reference to Katrien)
  • RedChaser said:

having dramas with the online booking system. good isn't it?

You were warned.

No, Katy is top ticket office staff member.

(There really is a Katy in the office and she really is good. Not a reference to Katrien)
    I'm our Katrien is really good with tickets. Especially cheap flight tickets to Dubai...