Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

stewarding at the valley

edited July 2008 in General Charlton
Seeing as most of West Wales is wetting themselves at the prospect of Championship football next season and a sizable following turning up at your place on the 9th I was wondering what is the stewarding like? If it's a hot day and people have been on the lash most of the day like many times last season people don't tend to treat away stands like home games and just park their carcases anywhere and generally refuse to sit down. Will this be a problem at the Valley? I know at our home games the stewarding has caused no end of problem amongst the fans especially with their standing policy (and lesser extent smoking)

Charlton asked for 300 tickets to be returned from swansea so they could sensibly have unreserved seating now seeing all the tickets go they decided to give back the tickets and there seems to be some confusion about the unreserved seating which could prove to be a problem especially if the restricted view seats are rubbish. anyone know how bad the restricted views are? is it just the pillars holding up the roof or worse some seats face the exits (might not be a bad un if our team bottles it)

Comments

• I can't really comment on the stewarding but I suspect they will not take to a load of drunken fans spoiling the view of others who want to sit.

As for the restricted view, well as far as I am aware, its only seating behind pillars which are down the centre of the stand. It's not like Cardiff's new ground where they are building the stands facing outwards...:-)
  • as i susspected, cheers. as for cardi... nah still cant say it, their new ground they'll do well to have hundreds of pillars to protect the publics eyes and make the lot restricted views or build a perimiter wall thats about 25 ft tall with no mesh for the inhabitants to see through.

In league 1 we averaged about 150 - 200 away fans and housed them in the stand behind the goal that holds 3.5K and many were thrown out for standing even peeps in the back row of the upper stand. Granted they wern't paying £30 to get in though.
  • You just don't know what will happen on the day. The stadium rules are pretty clear and they don't like people standing in home areas, bar a few rows at the back of the stand behind the goal. On the other hand they may take a pragmatic approach.

In our relegation season I went to quite a few away games. One that stands out was at Man City, where the home fans were alongside the away fans with a canvas barrier over a few rows of seats and stewards in between. The home fans along side us stood all game without anyone stopping them yet they spent much of the game enforcing the rules and making our fans sit. Although I was with my 8 year old son and so wanted those in front to "siddarn", I got p*ssed off with the unbalanced approach.
  • standing won't be an issue at all if most are. However, if anyone is being a racist, blocking isles, overtly offensive or generally being a tit, the 'hit squad' are not afraid to move in en masse to through people out heavy handedly.

Don't see the problem with the seating. You all know its sold out, and you all have a ticket with a seat on. If you mess that around your only showing disrespect for your fellow fans.
  • Sounds like a decent policy afka. The problem with our away ticketing is first dibs go to season ticket holders then away club members then general public if any are left. Some people go down pick up their ticket but their mates who they travel with havent got the ticket next to them so when it comes to finding a seat they just generally sit where they like which has caused a few problems in the past, I hope common sense prevails. I'm sure standing without being constantly told to sit will be welcomed by fans however unless you bring a couple of thousand down to our place it wont be reciprocated as our stewards have been liked to the gestapo on times, way too heavy handed.
  • West Wales v.different from Swansea.. I would suggest it still comes under South
  • [cite]Posted By: AFKABartram[/cite]Don't see the problem with the seating. You all know its sold out, and you all have a ticket with a seat on. If you mess that around your only showing disrespect for your fellow fans.

It's fecking annoying when people do this.
  • Especially when they refuse point blank to move because "they don't care" and that "they were there first". Despite the block of tickets being bought for a group of mates who got them in a group so they could sit together.
  • I look forward to the day someone sits in my seats and tells me & my mates hard luck "I was here first".
  • [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]Especially when they refuse point blank to move because "they don't care" and that "they were there first". Despite the block of tickets being bought for a group of mates who got them in a group so they could sit together.

Hmmmmm. Not on is it.
  • Sponsored links:

• who did this then wss and medders?
  • hahahahahah
  • Where's the dettol tattoo WSS?