Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Who will finish above us ?

edited July 2008 in General Charlton
m sure there will lots of tansfers yet but who will finish above us ?

Birmingham look strong and Carsley is the player i would have liked if we wernt potless.

QPR should do withh all the players they have brought in, not 100% it will work as we know

Derby Jewel knows this division (so did Pardew --dont laugh) have alot of the squad rom last year.

Reading will be right up there. Think they will lose one or two but look solid.

Wolves strengthened the team.

Bristol City unlucky last year. Good manager.

Notts Forest could do a Bristol City. Good crowd and spent to strengthen.

Palarse depends on the watson money.Warnock is a tw*t but he gets players working

Ipswich always up there somewhere and have a big backer if they need to invest.

Thing is i would have thought with minimal investment we could have been right up there play offs at least. Now ?

Comments

• 23 other teams:-(
  • i think in realitly, a top 12 finish will be seen as a good season. all hopes of play offs are fading fast and we havnt even kicked off yet. as i said before on here altho others disagreed, Swansea is the biggest game in Pards cafc history. A nice win and we will be looking forward and hopefull. Lose however and badly, it will be here we go again... i know as the others said before one game does not make a season but bloody hell this really could. i will be there whatever season we have, but a few home defeats and just watch the Valley empty.
  • Watford - or they could implode
    Sheff U - strong finish last season

Worried we'll be looking down not up at this rate...memories of 1979/80 when we won only six all season and were relegated by Easter. Only bright spot: a 16 year old debutant called Paul Walsh. (Before the positive police come after me, I'm kidding with the comparison - I think...)
  • Think we will be 8th 9th..........just need that 4-5 winning run that last season we failed.....infact did we win more than 3 in a row...looking at teams above think you bang on...and always a surprise team.....could be us :o)
  • Memories of 1983-84, Weegie, when Lennie the Legend kept his ragbag band of 13 senior Pro's and a bunch of promising kids' in the top 6 for most of the season, the year we went bankrupt.

And 1984-85, when we played nearly all our matches away yet still won promotion. Lennie had done a little bit of horsetrading and built a hungry, tight knit team that played for each other - Oggy the optimists suggests there could be parallels this year.

We'll see. ;o)
  • Reading.
    That's it.
  • Would love to think so, Oggy. Just falls down a bit on the Lennie/ Pards comparison for me!!
  • EVERYONE! DOOMED DOOMED WE'RE DOOMED!
  • [cite]Posted By: Rothko[/cite]EVERYONE! DOOMED DOOMED WE'RE DOOMED!

talking sense at last...
  • Sponsored links:

• [cite]Posted By: Rothko[/cite]EVERYONE! DOOMED DOOMED WE'RE DOOMED!

I just can't keep that Fraser from Dad's Army alter ego under control, I'm afraid, however hard I try :-(
  • [cite]Posted By: Fishnets[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Rothko[/cite]EVERYONE! DOOMED DOOMED WE'RE DOOMED!

talking sense at last...

Yeah, the message board equalivant of waterboarding is starting to take affect.
  • Birmingham- Phillips/Bent/McFadden/Jerome

Midfield-Carlsey, Pearson, looking at Watson, add in McSheffery and Larsson

They should walk it.

QPR, Reading, Derby, Wolves, Sheff U will all be stronger.

Watford, I expect them to have a poor season. They were as bad as us the second half of the season.
  • edited July 2008
  • Birmingham, Reading, Sheff Utd and Wolves only. We'll finish top 6 I reckon and defy all of the critics and doubters. Watford to have a tougher time than last year, as could Palace and Bristol City.
  • as long as it ain't Palace for the bet reason and as long as it is only one other team i don't give a fook
  • All the teams that get more points than us will finish above us and all the ones we get more than will finish below. FACT
  • [cite]Posted By: Stu of SE7[/cite]Nobody.

Quality reply, Stu.....!
  • [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]All the teams that get more points than us will finish above us and all the ones we get more than will finish below. FACT

unless we go into administration and receive a 10 or 15 point fine;-)
  • Sponsored links:

• [cite]Posted By: oohaahmortimer[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]All the teams that get more points than us will finish above us and all the ones we get more than will finish below. FACT

unless we go into administration and receive a 10 or 15 point fine;-)

No, we're going to wait until we are relegated and then go into administration at the beginning of next season.
  • I agree Reading will be strong, think Birmingham and Derby are expecting to walk it, as we know doesn't happen. I think we'll be in top 5 with Ipswich, Reading, Birmingham and Sheff Utd.
  • [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Stu of SE7[/cite]Nobody.

Quality reply, Stu.....!

Just giving my honest opinion.
  • Birmingham ... and ... that's all.
  • more than will finish below us.
  • Being honest I reckon about 14 teams will finish above us next season. I support the team through thick and thin, and have done for 20 years, but even I can see we are in for a tough season. I do admire some people's optimism though.
  • I think its absolutely impossible to tell at present. Until we get a gauge of a couple of league matches on how the team is shaping up compared to others, i have no idea. There are simply too many unknowns at present.

But i'm wearing my optimistic hat lately and am convinced we will finish higher than last season.
  • And why not wear the optimistic hat?

We've not kicked a ball yet, nobody's beaten us, nobody's scored even a single goal in our net.

Let's see where we are after 10 matches - no doubt we will lose a couple but win some too.
    That'll give us a reasonable indication where our season could be headed and if the team is gelling.

In the meantime, we've got very decent Spanish opposition on Saturday, and the big kick off a week later for the Swansea match.

Why not look forward to the season?
    At this stage, we've got exactly the same chance as everybody else in the League.
  • [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]And why not wear the optimistic hat?

We've not kicked a ball yet, nobody's beaten us, nobody's scored even a single goal in our net.

But you can't help but feel that the vultures are circling, and waiting for us to fail to put the boot in. When those vultures are meant to be on your side, it hurts even more !!