Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Great Charlton pic

edited July 2008 in General Charlton
river

Article is about season ticket extension, but the picture is superb

Comments

• Thought that when I saw it, seems that there a new batch of those pics coming via the Stella Air ship, and the club are probably getting them from PA
  • can see where i lived for 21 years...Gallon Close. Happy days..
  • Just installed it as my desktop background at work.
  • What a waste of money !! ;-) I thought it was from our future owners helicopter.
  • [cite]Posted By: Rothko[/cite]Thought that when I saw it, seems that there a new batch of those pics coming via the Stella Air ship, and the club are probably getting them from PA

Photo's are from www.Londonist.com

The original on their site is much better than the one cropped for CAFC.co.uk and includes the barrier...

charlton.jpg
  • Meds, have you got the link to the blog post?
  • Pitch looks good.
  • here's another cracking picture of charlton local neighbourhood!!! You can see from here how messed up floyd road is - totally closed - and not to mention the poor state of Greenwich Councils refuse collection scheme.
  • Blimey!

How recent is that?! Will it be open on friday/saturday
  • Sponsored links:

• Looked like that this morning westsyde.

So doubt it.

Even more worrying, I doubt it will be open for the swansea game.
  • [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]Blimey!

Meant to be done by Saturday
  • Its running a month behind schedule. they started in charlton the day after coventry game in the hope that it woudl all be done by the season start.
  • [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]Blimey!

Meantto be done by Saturday

I honestly can't see that happening.
  • You're not doing anything at the moment Stu - go and sort it out
  • that whole part of charlton is a fecking mare at the mo, there replacing the victorain pipes with new plastic ones they really are gona have to pull there fingers out to be ready in time for season Kick Off.
  • [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]You're not doing anything at the moment Stu - go and sort it out

Doing nothing is very time consuming I'll have you know!
  • And at the top of Floyd Road outside The Valley Cafe is a nice burst water main, just by the omnipresent "temporary" traffic lights - whoever put those there seems to have failed to spot that Delafield Road is actually there too. Wellington Gardens was meant to start this week but to date the only workman we have seen near it is the one that thought our front garden doubled as a public convenience as there is a large tree in it. As for the refuse "collection" - the only way to get rid of it is to take it to Asda or the tip and do it yourself!

Saturday is going to be interesting to say the least.
  • Great pic - I saved it for future use on my blog - only after gaining permission of course.
  • [cite]Posted By: Rock Spectacle[/cite]And at the top of Floyd Road outside The Valley Cafe is a nice burst water main, just by the omnipresent "temporary" traffic lights - whoever put those there seems to have failed to spot that Delafield Road is actually there too. Wellington Gardens was meant to start this week but to date the only workman we have seen near it is the one that thought our front garden doubled as a public convenience as there is a large tree in it. As for the refuse "collection" - the only way to get rid of it is to take it to Asda or the tip and do it yourself!

Saturday is going to be interesting to say the least.

What crowd do you reckon we will get cant see more than 4000 at a push
  • Sponsored links:

• Difficult to say, a lot depends on the weather and holidays, but these normally attract 5/6,000. Floyd Road is a hive of activity right now, although the blokes seemed to be digging deeper into the creek about half an hour ago, whilst the Valley Cafe water feature seems to be spouting more of said water by the minute. I really hope that the do work round the clock to get it right having assured the club (who if it is not finished in time will no doubt get the blame) that all will be good by Saturday, even if it means a fair bit of noise from the machines late tonight and early tomorrow, but I'd be inclined to stick with public transport if you can and avoid Church Lane, Floyd Road, Delafield etc if you are driving just in case.
  • Quick update on this - as of this evening, Charlton Church Lane is closed from by the station as they work on the water feature that has appeared near the junction with Floyd Road.

There's now a great big hole, so things are going to have improve very quickly, as otherwise Saturday looks likely to a bit chaotic.