Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Friday's Training session

TELTEL
edited July 2008 in General Charlton
Anybody going down to the Valley to watch Pardew's tactics for the forthcoming campaign?

I'll be going along.

Comments

• Me too.
  • I was going to but the official site speaks of traffic congestion in the area so probably not now.
  • I'm going, just to see the new signings being unveiled!
  • [cite]Posted By: TelinOz[/cite]Anybody going down to the Valley to watch Pardew's tactics for the forthcoming campaign?

Pardew has tactics??
  • edited July 2008
    Was really looking forward to it, but due to the idiiots that are carpetright ensuring i didn't start a days work yesterday until gone 4pm, i can no longer get the couple of hours off.

not impressed
  • me and daughter will be there
  • Will be taking Henry jnr.

I'm not interested obviously but he wanted to go so I gave in and decided to take him
  • I'm going. Have managed to arrange an (extended) early lunch :o)
  • [cite]Posted By: LenGlover[/cite]I was going to but the official site speaks of traffic congestion in the area so probably not now.

its only literally trouble on Charlton Lane and the Charlton Church Lane junction with Floyd Road. Where do you usually park Len? I know you are coming from further afield, but any other road would be fine to access. I'd suggest parking in either the Tallis Grove area or even up the higher end of Charlton Church Lane as it is only the bit by Floyd Road that has the filter lights at the moment. to walk to the ground there are no problems, an even better idea would be to park at Blackheath Station Car park and get the train one stop which would ensure an easy get away afterwards as well.
  • Or just get the train from Medway Len...
  • Sponsored links:

• The plan was to come up with my daughter (s), mooch round the Club shop, watch the training and then drop her (them) off at Bromley shops while I go to work for a few hours until she (they) gets fed up shopping.

I don't like public transport at the best of times and Charlton to Bromley area is not the easiest journey by public transport even if you enjoy travelling that way.
  • I'm going, and another three of the Essex massive!

Might have to open the East as well!
  • [quote][cite]Posted By: Essex_Al[/cite]I'm going, and another three of the Essex massive!

Might have to open the East as well![/quote]

why? you all fat g*ts then LOL
  • edited July 2008
    I can't see any problems with parking, compared to a normal matchday, because of the relatively low numbers. The key is not to take your car into the roads immediately bordering the ground, because gridlock in Charlton Lane is odds on.

In fact, it will be interesting to see if Pardew and the players get through before it seizes up . . .
  • [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]Will be taking Henry jnr.

I'm not interested obviously but he wanted to go so I gave in and decided to take him
    LOL Something similar here!
  • [cite]Posted By: C_f_W[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]Will be taking Henry jnr.

LOL Something similar here!

The sacrifices we makes for our kids and are they grateful? : - )
  • [cite]Posted By: leftbehind[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Essex_Al[/cite]I'm going, and another three of the Essex massive!

Might have to open the East as well!

why? you all fat g*ts then LOL

I'll have you know, i have a very firm six pack!

Trouble is, it was buy one, get one free at the time!
  • [quote][cite]Posted By: Essex_Al[/cite][quote][cite]Posted By: leftbehind[/cite][quote][cite]Posted By: Essex_Al[/cite]I'm going, and another three of the Essex massive!

Might have to open the East as well![/quote]

why? you all fat g*ts then LOL[/quote]

I'll have you know, i have a very firm six pack!

Trouble is, it was buy one, get one free at the time![/quote]

Ha ha my Mrs says i dont have a six pack just a barrel
  • I'll be there, with the camera
  • [cite]Posted By: Rothko[/cite]I'll be there, with the camera

I'll breathe in then!
  • Sponsored links:

• With Pards being Mic'd up, no doubt he has had his script writers writing up some funny quips he can come out with when the shooting practice starts. It's all about his Ego sorry, I would rather spend a day bored out of my mind at work or studying thanks.
  • [quote][cite]Posted By: Ketman[/cite]With Pards being Mic'd up, no doubt he has had his script writers writing up some funny quips he can come out with when the shooting practice starts. It's all about his Ego sorry, I would rather spend a day bored out of my mind at work or studying thanks.[/quote]

Take it your not coming then LOL
  • Bang on Ketman.

I would extend the boredom factor to pre season friendlies as well, I just dont get it, save your money for Preston away in August people.