Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Dragons Den

see Steve Parish is one of the new Dragons on Dragons Den.

Comments

• Fucking Hell!!!!
  • When it comes to watching Dragon's Den now...

• "Dear Dragons.
    I'm here today to offer you a 100% stake in a prized community asset based in South East London...........

........apart from YOU Parish!"
  • Good PR for Palace.
  • dizzee said:

Good PR for Palace.

Wasn't Theo Paphitis smallwall's chairman when he first went on Dragon's Den?

Not sure they got too much good PR from it!!
  • Will he have that stupid eagle sitting by his side ?
    I won't watch it anymore.
  • Will he have that stupid eagle sitting by his side ?
    I won't watch it anymore.

The Eagle will be making the decisions for him -it will fly around the room & if it lands on the persons head then Parrish will invest - if not the Eagle will sh*t on them from a great height.
  • Maybe Roland will be on there giving his advice on building up customer support and expanding the business.
  • Sponsored links:

• Rich people getting richer by jumping on good ideas for small money - or humiliating ordinary folk who can't perform complex calculations in their head.
    The programme is just another BBC soap opera.

Not sure I agree with the first part of your sentence, no one is forcing the 'ideas people' into going on Dragons Den, or in fact accepting any derisory offer made in there. If you want equity for your business it comes at a cost and that should reflect the risk of the business has sourced the best provider of the equity.

The second sentence is sadly true, some of the humiliations and poor business practice on there does not show the dragons in a good light. I have a certain lack of sympathy for people who go in with no idea of their margins/profit/cost as if you are asking for the equity the least you should do is get this right, especially when the show has been on long enough to guess the questions but the way dragons make an offer then move the goal posts or pull out for one reason or another makes some of them quite slippery IMO.
  • Shit club,great owner...I'd have him at Charlton at the drop of a hat.
  • Shit club,great owner...I'd have him at Charlton at the drop of a hat.

cmon, he just got lucky.
  • I did a bit of work with him with his company TAG. He was a really nice bloke and I failed to realise at the time that it was his company - no airs and graces and no Billy Big Bollocks. Have to hope the curse of Dragons Den strikes him though and most of his fortune trickles away so Palace have their wings clipped.
  • Who is he replacing
  • I did a bit of work with him with his company TAG. He was a really nice bloke and I failed to realise at the time that it was his company - no airs and graces and no Billy Big Bollocks. Have to hope the curse of Dragons Den strikes him though and most of his fortune trickles away so Palace have their wings clipped.

Totally true, I worked for Tag for 8 years, hate Palace but he's a smart and decent bloke.
  • I would take Parish over Roland and the owners we had before him any day.
  • http://www.bbc.co.uk/mediacentre/latestnews/2017/steve-parish-dragons-den

He's changed his mind and now won't be on Dragon's Den

Good.
  • "Rumour" is that he will be involved in the next series of The Apprentice
  • Sponsored links:

• "Rumour" is that he will be involved in the next series of The Apprentice

"Alan Pardew, you made a complete mess of managing Crystal Palace. You're Fired"
  • Rich people getting richer by jumping on good ideas for small money - or humiliating ordinary folk who can't perform complex calculations in their head.
    The programme is just another BBC soap opera.

Not sure I agree with the first part of your sentence, no one is forcing the 'ideas people' into going on Dragons Den, or in fact accepting any derisory offer made in there. If you want equity for your business it comes at a cost and that should reflect the risk of the business has sourced the best provider of the equity.

The second sentence is sadly true, some of the humiliations and poor business practice on there does not show the dragons in a good light. I have a certain lack of sympathy for people who go in with no idea of their margins/profit/cost as if you are asking for the equity the least you should do is get this right, especially when the show has been on long enough to guess the questions but the way dragons make an offer then move the goal posts or pull out for one reason or another makes some of them quite slippery IMO.
    OK - maybe it was a bit of a generalization, but folk going on there with an order from ASDA for a million quid, and asking Debs and Theo for 40 grand to get going is pitiful.
    As you say - there are many better ways to source the funding, but the dragons and the Beeb want you to trot out the golden phrase "I was looking for your expertise and contacts because you are such a lovely cuddly big shot"

I had a pal go on there with a product (that he has since made loads of dosh with), who was told by a dragon that he did not "own the patent". My pal explained that he was the original inventor and was fully protected worldwide. The dragon would have none of it - and my pal left the show totally bemused.
  • Im going to put myself in the firing line here. I Have read Simon Jordans autobiography and thought it was a brilliant read.
  • Im going to put myself in the firing line here. I Have read Simon Jordans autobiography and thought it was a brilliant read.

Hello Simon.
  • Gary Neville is to join Dragons' Den as a guest Dragon for the 2024 series.
    The ex-Manchester United and England right-back has a business portfolio that spans property, hospitality, education, media and sport.
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/66028343
  • clive said:
    Gary Neville is to join Dragons' Den as a guest Dragon for the 2024 series.
    The ex-Manchester United and England right-back has a business portfolio that spans property, hospitality, education, media and sport.
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/66028343
    a very good reason to give the 'show' a permanent miss
  • Whether you like him or not, I find him good TV. I stopped watching it but might give it another go if he joins.
  • Seriously? That's a shame in my opinion. 
  • Will hopefully be the countries PM one day
  • Having seen him on Have I Got News For You and his comments about weekend long retirements, i'll be surprised if he doesn't come across as a complete idiot.