Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Comments

• Keane for me, but I like both.
  • The arrangement of the Lily Allen version is lovely, but her voice really doesn't suit the track for me
  • Far too much going on in the Keane version. I've seen Lily do it live and it's very moving. Lily takes the three points.
  • Keane definitely.
  • Lily Allen butchered this song.
  • Is this a sanctioned Cover to Cover? I have my doubts.
  • Keane by a million miles, only good thing about Lilly Allens attempt is her video.
  • I like that whole Keane album, this isn't my favourite track. The piano is good but builds to Keane stadium position a bit quick and you lose some of the feeling from the lyrics by the end.

Hadn't heard the lily Allen version before and it may grow on me, it's stripped down so you don't get some much interference against the lyrics but she doesn't sound like she means it for me.

My vote goes for Keane.
  • Sponsored links:

• Keane for me.
  • No love for Lily
  • Keane every time.

Their version would be one of my desert island discs. Makes me think of a time during our holiday in New Zealand when my wife and I took our camper van down a random side road which turned out to be a dirt road which was a dead end, but the dead end just happened to be a hillside overlooking the Marlborough Sound. We parked up, opened the tailgate and lay on the bed and admired the beautiful sun drenched view for a few hours and didn't see a single soul. It truly felt like our own private piece of paradise. The song fits even better because due to a corrupted memory card we lost nearly all the photos we took on the trip so the scene lives on just the wife's and my memories.
  • LoOkOuT said:

Is this a sanctioned Cover to Cover? I have my doubts.

No. Cheap rip off.

Lily Allen. Better voice and the other version is too fussy.
  • Both awful
  • Keane. In fact, anyone in the entire existence of mankind could sing it and I would prefer it to Lily Allen.

Cannot stand her.
  • maybe i read right wing tabloids too much but i cant stand Willy Allen i am keener on keane
  • edited April 2017
    lily allen complete fucktard of a women - although i did like the advert the song featured in.

i was at v festival when oasis cancelled and an announcement came over due to oasis cancelling keane will now be playing a longer set - i went for mgmt instead.
  • Sponsored links:

• Keane

Hate Allen, total waste of space
  • Both good. It's the first time I have heard the Lily Allen version and I think it's better.
  • edited April 2017
    stonemuse said:

Both good. It's the first time I have heard the Lily Allen version and I think it's better.

same here never heard her version. think its alright. prefer it to Keane's.
  • Lily Allen's version was the John Lewis Xmas advert, which was 2015 IIRC.
  • Keane, not even listened to Allens dirge, cant stand the women and everything she does is dog shit by default.
  • Keane. In fact, anyone in the entire existence of mankind could sing it and I would prefer it to Lily Allen.

Cannot stand her.

Agree, she's quite a nasty little woman.... BUT, she's a proper "Would ya" though.
  • edited April 2017
    The trend of cutesy female voices covering songs mostly for adverts is really irritating to me. Edit - I'd also add that Lily Allen doesn't have a particularly good voice.
  • Keane, all day long.
  • Without a doubt Keane
  • Easily Keane, though the Allen version would've sounded decent with a different vocalist.