Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Comments

• Great article. Loved "it has become abundantly clear to most that the lady’s NOT for learning." line.
  • Excellent piece as usual & I have liked it although there is nothing to like about this whole cancerous regime.

Thanks to everyone CARD, B20, WAR & fellow protesters who have kept up the fight this season.
  • cafc-west said:

Great article. Loved "it has become abundantly clear to most that the lady’s NOT for learning." line.

Was going to write this exact same comment...
  • Brilliant article, and just so depressing that these people are still here, making a mockery each and every day of what this once great club should really be all about.

If The Liar is still at the Valley come August, well please, let's not even contemplate that scenario.

Just go and go now.

• Great article Rick, sums it up perfectly.
  • edited April 2017
    A walking talking disaster. Brilliant. I really hope the Trust give her a hard time and don't let her wriggle out of anything. Her comments from Chesterfield need to be explained and she needs to be asked outright about Tony No Cojones visit to Orient.
  • Excellent article, Rick. Even Lazy Daisy couldn't wriggle out of that!
  • Who could reasonably argue with that? A very good though depressing article.

And the answer to the question posed at the end is surely "No".
  • Sponsored links:

• Brilliant article.

Once again we are having to put our faith into someone who has never shown any positive attributes.

• Excellent article by the way, as always.
  • A few people have dropped out of Sunday's Q&A having realised that it is a 10.00am start.

If you are a CAST member and would like to attend, e mail secretary@castrust.org
  • Brilliant article as ever, but I take no joy in reading it. It just makes my blood boil.

In any other company she'd have been fired years ago, but the longevity of her reign is giving her a false sense of success and grandeur.

She'll get another senior position working for a PLC after she leaves Charlton, but she'll last five minutes I guarantee it.
  • Brilliant article, and just so depressing that these people are still here, making a mockery each and every day of what this once great club should really be all about.

If The Liar is still at the Valley come August, well please, let's not even contemplate that scenario.

Just go and go now.

I hope the bedsheet makes another appearance.
  • Brilliant article as ever, but I take no joy in reading it. It just makes my blood boil.

In any other company she'd have been fired years ago, but the longevity of her reign is giving her a false sense of success and grandeur.

She'll get another senior position working for a PLC after she leaves Charlton, but she'll last five minutes I guarantee it.

She'll last longer than five minutes if her next job is CEO of Duchatelet's property management company in South East London.
  • It's a good article.
    However, there's a section that bothers me:

"As it happens, there are no ex-employees involved in CARD (or any other protest group, to my knowledge) who weren’t fans long before they worked for the club; indeed, there are none who didn’t become employees because they were supporters, rather than the other way around."

I understand the first bit, but although it's a fair point, I don't think this, in itself, excludes those fans from being 'bitter'. Don't get me wrong, I think the 'bitter ex employees' claim is bollocks, but I don't think this proves it to be bollocks.

As for the second part of the sentence, my brain is tied in knots! I just don't understand what Rick's trying to say! Sorry if I'm being dense!

Apart from this though, a great read! :smiley:
  • Good article with a number of very pertinent points.
  • castrust said:

A few people have dropped out of Sunday's Q&A having realised that it is a 10.00am start.

If you are a CAST member and would like to attend, e mail secretary@castrust.org

Was Katrien one of the drop outs by any chance....??
  • Sponsored links:

• Says it all.
  • It's a good article.

"As it happens, there are no ex-employees involved in CARD (or any other protest group, to my knowledge) who weren’t fans long before they worked for the club; indeed, there are none who didn’t become employees because they were supporters, rather than the other way around."

I understand the first bit, but although it's a fair point, I don't think this, in itself, excludes those fans from being 'bitter'. Don't get me wrong, I think the 'bitter ex employees' claim is bollocks, but I don't think this proves it to be bollocks.

As for the second part of the sentence, my brain is tied in knots! I just don't understand what Rick's trying to say! Sorry if I'm being dense!

I truncated the original version a bit, but the point I wanted to make is that everyone involved in CARD is a supporter first, whereas Meire has only ever been an employee (of Duchatelet, if not CAFC).
  • Liars have no shame.
  • It's a good article.

I read the last bit as they all (as in all ex-employee supporters, rather than just those involved with CARD) became employees because they were supporters, rather than becoming supporters because they were employed by the Club.

Mind you, I could be wrong.
  • Gutted I'll be missing this due to sons cricket
  • Cheers @NornIrishAddick and @Airman Brown for the explanations.
    I think I kind of got the gist, but all the double negatives frazzled me!
    I must be tired.
    Or stupid.
    Or both.
    :smiley:
  • edited April 2017
    Wow, an excellent piece. The part that really struck me was the paragraph where Rick details how Slade and Robinson are effectively taking measures to try to clear up her mess at Sparrows Lane. As stated, her lack of self awareness is so great, she probably doesn't even get that it's because of her the mess exists in the first place. If she does get it, she just doesn't care. What an embarrassing situation for her, whatever the truth of it.
  • Great article Rick.
  • castrust said:

A few people have dropped out of Sunday's Q&A having realised that it is a 10.00am start.

Is Katrien one of them?