Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Line up for sunday

As there doesn't seem to be a match preview yet. Karl has announced his lineup for the game on Sunday against swindon when talking to the press this morning. The video is on the club's YouTube channel.

We will line up:

Holmes Magennis Byrne
JJ Crofts JFC
Dasilva Pearce Bauer Solly
Rudd

Comments

• Nicholas said:

The pace in the midfield is frightening.

Yeah I thought it would be no Crofts if he wanted JJ to play. Aribo alongside would make a difference.
  • can I just say that I look at that line-up and it fills me with no excitement at all.
  • last chance saloon/final 'trial' for some ? ..
  • The line-up is immaterial. It's how many pigs/taxis/whatever is provided that come onto the pitch that matters. Along with the pitch invasion, the take-over of the directors box and the blockade of the car park.
  • Disappointing see that he said before Chesterfield that some kids would be involved over the last two games.

Ahearne-Grant is the only one that was used!!
  • Agree disappointed, i would like to see a few U23 given a shot. Djkesteel (probably spelt wrong apologize) has been on the bench and not got a look in, Phillips deserves some game time, ok we might move up a couple of places but its a nothing game essentially.
  • The line-up is immaterial. It's how many pigs/taxis/whatever is provided that come onto the pitch that matters. Along with the pitch invasion, the take-over of the directors box and the blockade of the car park.

walls have ears, you might want to edit most of that

I think he was being sarcastic.
  • Sponsored links:

Although we could start that thread we had last year. What's not happening at the protests.
  • I'd leave out anybody who is unlikely / won't be here next season.

Correct!

I doubt we could put out a team.

I wonder what odds you could get on Gobby not being here at the end of next season? Have Wigan gone cold on Karl or are they just worried about a pie shortage?
  • Swindon are rubbish but have young players with energy. They did us in the previous game because we didn't. It doesn't matter, but I'd play as many youngsters as I could get away with, along with Holmes, Magennis, JJ, Bauer and Solly.
  • edited April 2017
    I know it's the last game of the season (and meaningless), but why announce the line up 48 hours before the game?
  • I know it's the last game of the season (and meaningless), but why announce the line up 48 hours before the game?

Either he wants to get the fans excited, or he can't go more than an extra day without talking to the press.
  • I know it's the last game of the season (and meaningless), but why announce the line up 48 hours before the game?

because he's being replaced tomorrow?

• Sponsored links:

• To be fair to Robinson, if there's going to be shenanigans on the last game it's probably not the best time for a young player to make his full debut. I'm sure he'll bring some kids on as the game wears on
  • As there doesn't seem to be a match preview yet. Karl has announced his lineup for the game on Sunday against swindon when talking to the press this morning. The video is on the club's YouTube channel.

We will line up:

Holmes Magennis Byrne
    JJ Crofts JFC
    Dasilva Pearce Bauer Solly
    Rudd

Never understand why Robinson announces his line up ahead of the match. It just give additional planning time for the opposition to target weaknesses of the team. In this case, the lack of pace in that midfield is something else.
  • Disappointing see that he said before Chesterfield that some kids would be involved over the last two games.

RD probably changed his mind about playing youth for the last game.

If Konsa and Aribo were out 4 months injured, he'd not be able to auction them in the summer.
  • Swindon are rubbish but have young players with energy. They did us in the previous game because we didn't. It doesn't matter, but I'd play as many youngsters as I could get away with, along with Holmes, Magennis, JJ, Bauer and Solly.

They did us as we had 3 players away on international duty, and weren't able to get the game postponed...

Disappointing see that he said before Chesterfield that some kids would be involved over the last two games.

RD probably changed his mind about playing youth for the last game.

If Konsa and Aribo were out 4 months injured, he'd not be able to auction them in the summer.
    The way Konsa has played recently, he shouldn't be in the team anyway.

I'm glad Byrne is being given a chance to impress in his main position, of all the loanees he's probably the most likely to sign permanently