Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Where are the 12 Back to the Valley Shirts? Can you help?

2»

Comments

• Oh! well in that case, I have one! I'll have to quiz my dad as to where it came from.

Is your dad not one of the people named above then?

When you say you have one is it in a framed and was the framing done by Garry Nelson?
    No, he's not one of the ones listed. Just have no idea where this shirt came from. It's not in a frame, no. I'm guessing it's just a replica.
    Sounds like it is a replica but worth checking. Might have been a match worn shirt but not from the first game back.
  • I'm guess M Nottage is a relation of Paul Nottage.

A couple of unusual names in Greatorex and Sweetman as well.
  • There is a greatorex who had one VG a couple of times if you punch it in the search on here, which I presume is the same family. And I used to play football with one from Dartford who has played for a lot of Kent League local clubs, I presume again same family
  • There is a greatorex who had one VG a couple of times if you punch it in the search on here, which I presume is the same family. And I used to play football with one from Dartford who has played for a lot of Kent League local clubs, I presume again same family

Cheers Avril Greatorex from Dartford so that fits in with you mate.

Anyone know the family to contact them.

I can't ask the club for addresses due to the PC gone mad data protection act
  • I've found a Greytory if that helps?

• I know Michelle Greatorex and can contact her in due course. But now is not a good time.
  • I know Michelle Greatorex and can contact her in due course. But now is not a good time.

Cheers CE, no rush and I'm sure there is a good reason for you saying that.
  • there is a Joe Bullen, who went to Bexley School and is following CAFCOfficial on FB(seems to fit)

unfortunately you cant send him a message, he must have his account private
  • edited April 2017
    After 35 years I've brought a house and have finally dug out my Darren Pitcher shirt from my parents loft and it's proudly hanging on my wall.
  • cheers,

Will have a look next time I'm at the museum unless someone has those programmes to hand.

I brought a bunch of Programmes will check them when I get in

Where should I start
    After 5/11/92
    What was significant about the 5th of November that year?
  • Sponsored links:

• conker said:

How sad is this then, I have had a root around in the loft and I have that magazine from Winter 1993.

Grand Draw Winners

1st Joe Bullen Bexleyheath Bob Bolder
    2nd Nick Hannan Sevenoaks Colin Walsh
    3rd Lee Morris Erith Steve Gritt
    4th Michelle Greatorex Bexley Scott Minto
    5th C.J.Padgham Maidstone Carl Leaburn
    6th Bill Sweetman Orpington Garry Nelson
    7th Simon Jones Bishops Stortford John Robinson
    8th David Wilson Shenfield Lee Power
    9th Anthony Evenett Beckenham Stuart Balmer
    10th Geoffrey Brown Sawston, Cambs Darren Pitcher
    11th M.Nottage Blackheath Kim Grant
    12th Darren Wasley Plumstead Alan Pardew

I have Garry Nelson's. I've no idea who Bill Sweetman is, my grandfather won the shirt, and that was not his name! The order is about right though, I'm pretty sure he got a pick near the middle.
  • Chizz said:

cheers,

Will have a look next time I'm at the museum unless someone has those programmes to hand.

I brought a bunch of Programmes will check them when I get in

Where should I start
    After 5/11/92
    What was significant about the 5th of November that year?
    Wow! They say timing is everything in humour but over two years late?
  • Crops Managment by the Club - they spelt my name wrong.

At least Airman got it right in his VOTV article.

Still not as bad as them putting my name up on the big screen at the annual Remembrance Day.
  • At my wedding i presented my brother with a framed back to the valley shirt signed by the entire team. I wont say how much it cost as he is on here and i dont want him to realise just how much of a cheap skate i am.