Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Now too late for new owners for next season.

Well I may be wrong but it looks like it is too late for any new owners to come in and take over from this awful Duchatelet/Meire regime.
I am reading rumours about Konsa and Holmes going, and there are likely to be others like Tex/Chicksen/Rudd, so I predict that next season we will have a team something like:

Phillips or a new keeper.
Solly/Barnes Pearce/Bauer/Thomas/Lennon(two from four) Page/Loanee
JFC, Crofts (captain), Aribo, two loanees or untried youngsters
Magennis

Comments

• Don't panic!
  • Konsa apparently going, JJ appointed by current regime as player/coach, parts of the East and West stands closed next season, KR retained and not paid off despite worse record than predecessors, work re-started at Sparrows Lane ... doesn't sound to me like they are planning to go anytime soon.

Unless RD gets an offer allowing him to recoup his 'investment' I can't see him going yet. If we are around the playoffs by January, he may well stay all season. If not, that may be when he goes.
  • stonemuse said:

bKonsa apparently going, JJ appointed by current regime as player/coach, parts of the East and West stands closed next season, KR retained and not paid off despite worse record than predecessors, work re-started at Sparrows Lane ... doesn't sound to me like they are planning to go anytime soon.

Unless RD gets an offer allowing him to recoup his 'investment' I can't see him going yet. If we are around the playoffs by January, he may well stay all season. If not, that may be when he goes.

With rumours of Konsa & Holmes off, would that now suggest RD is cashing in like he did at standard?

Not sure you can read anything into JJ being appointed - would mean the club don't have to go through a recruitments process and potentially pay compensation for someone... would be a lot cheaper too!

Stands being closed again doesn't sound too detrimental - all it'll Be is a mesh sheeting over said seats!
    Training ground developments have been pushing dirt arrpund
  • sammy391 said:

stonemuse said:

bKonsa apparently going, JJ appointed by current regime as player/coach, parts of the East and West stands closed next season, KR retained and not paid off despite worse record than predecessors, work re-started at Sparrows Lane ... doesn't sound to me like they are planning to go anytime soon.

With rumours of Konsa & Holmes off, would that now suggest RD is cashing in like he did at standard?

Not sure you can read anything into JJ being appointed - would mean the club don't have to go through a recruitments process and potentially pay compensation for someone... would be a lot cheaper too!

Stands being closed again doesn't sound too detrimental - all it'll Be is a mesh sheeting over said seats!
    My point is that if they were going, they wouldn't bother with most of it.

Fact is I have no idea, but I see no obvious signs they are going ...doesn't mean they are not.
  • stonemuse said:

sammy391 said:

stonemuse said:

Fact is I have no idea, but I see no obvious signs they are going ...doesn't mean they are not.
    It's all smoke & mirrors, my friend.
  • stonemuse said:

sammy391 said:

stonemuse said:

Quite possibly and although I feel similar to the point you make, you just can take tell with this mob!

Katrien is going to carry on regardless of what uncle Roly is doing (whether he's even told her or not!), not only because it's her job but also because she's desperate to have a name for herself etc!

• stonemuse said:

sammy391 said:

stonemuse said:

Maybe, but I can only go on what I see and hear.

If I am wrong and they are off sooner, I'll be the first to celebrate I can assure you :smiley:

Fact is, whatever happens, I believe he will be gone, as will the SMT, by the end of next season. A pain it's another year, but in the scheme of things, not too terrible a wait.
  • I would have thought that the close season was the ideal time for a takeover ..
  • edited April 2017

I would have thought that the close season was the ideal time for a takeover ..

But the playing management need to get plans and transfers in place and authorised asap - rather than leaving it to until the new season is about to start,
    as the present regime normally do.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited April 2017
    I read some bloke on on of the unofficial club Facebook groups that the top bloke from Red Bull was there today?

*Nb - I'm not saying it's true that he was there today (He more likely weren't), and I also am not saying it would be a good thing if he was (It more than likely won't be) and I also don't know if this has been posted on an other thread on this forum (It more likely has been). I'm just posting what I read earlier.*
  • edited May 2017

I read some bloke on on of the unofficial club Facebook groups that the top bloke from Red Bull was there today?

*Nb - I'm not saying it's true that he was there today (He more likely weren't), and I also am not saying it would be a good thing if he was (It more than likely won't be) and I also don't know if this has been posted on an other thread on this forum (It more likely has been). I'm just posting what I read earlier.*

It was posted from twitter by LeedsAddick on the protest thread (where Stonemuse was posting loads from twitter (which were not embedding correctly (mods have looked into this))) and soon identified to be by a wind up merchant.
  • All will be well as long as Roger Johnson is offered a new contract.
  • This might give some people heart. PV was there today at least..
    stonemuse said:
  • Jeez - the end of the season is only 6 hours old & you are trying to put together a team for August. Whilst I hate the regime with a passion & cant wait to see them gone, I expect them to still be here come August & wont comment on how good or bad their dealings have been until mid July when I rock up at Park View Rd for our traditional pre-season opener & chance to look at our squad for 2017/18
  • seth plum said:

Well I may be wrong but it looks like it is too late for any new owners to come in and take over from this awful Duchatelet/Meire regime.
    I am reading rumours about Konsa and Holmes going, and there are likely to be others like Tex/Chicksen/Rudd, so I predict that next season we will have a team something like:

Phillips or a new keeper.
    Solly/Barnes Pearce/Bauer/Thomas/Lennon(two from four) Page/Loanee
    JFC, Crofts (captain), Aribo, two loanees or untried youngsters
    Magennis

Of course it's not too late. New owners can came in at any time.
  • It's never too late
  • edited April 2017
    No but I get the point of what he's saying. Say it is going on in the background and a takeover is announced in a few weeks time then it takes them a month or so to get their management team together and get the backroom setup right. By that point we are months behind everyone else when it comes to recruitment and next season is destined to be another dross mid-table league one at best affair.
  • I know exactly who runs that account, definitely on a wind up.
  • It's going to be utterly wonderful when these muppets leave... even if we are a smashed up mess playing staff wise, we will finally be able to start rebuilding again.
  • Sponsored links:

• No but I get the point of what he's saying. Say it is going on in the background and a takeover is announced in a few weeks time then it takes them a month or so to get their management team together and get the backroom setup right. By that point we are months behind everyone else when it comes to recruitment and next season is destined to be another dross mid-table league one at best affair.

It's a fair point. You would hope that any potential buyer would be ready to step in and start running things as best they could from day one. But that must be difficult, and the Australian consortium didn't have an excess of experience running a football club.

So it would be down to the manager and the scouting team to see what players they have on their radar and are ready to move on. And it feels like Robinson has been trying to rebuild the scouting approach and that he apparently had two targets in the stands today, but I cannot imagine the footballing things is as well run as it should be, and it will really be tested in a takeover.

That said, I think losing Holmes and Konsa in particular, possibly Magennis and Aribo as well, is far more of a risk of Roland sells. If he does, I fully expect him to try to sell off as many assets as he can as he goes out the door.

At our core though, I think we have a framework for a very good League One side, but it is only the framework:
    ...............Phillips
    .......Solly Bauer Pearce Page
    ...................Crofts
    Holmes....Konsa.....JFC.....Aribo
    .........Magennis

That's a first 11 that should be in the top two or three in the league. Of course the problem is we have no depth, but it's definitely something to start working with.
  • No but I get the point of what he's saying. Say it is going on in the background and a takeover is announced in a few weeks time then it takes them a month or so to get their management team together and get the backroom setup right. By that point we are months behind everyone else when it comes to recruitment and next season is destined to be another dross mid-table league one at best affair.

Would that really matter ? In the long term I would take any scenario just to be rid of this cancerous scum

• It's never too late
  • Didn't Roland flog Standard's best players before he sold up ?

We may lose Aribo and Konsa (the latter of which would really upset me) but I'm pretty confident we'll get new owners in return.

Would that really matter ? In the long term I would take any scenario just to be rid of this cancerous scum

No long term I'd still be overjoyed with it. I just can't wait to get out of this league and don't want to have to spend my time arguing with apologists who will invariably say 'see we are no better off than with Roland'!
  • It could be too late for next season if they are still here come September 1st, as every window we get worse and I doubt investment in January would be good enough to cancel out their efforts. So no promotion next season.
  • edited May 2017
    stonemuse said:

stonemuse said:

sammy391 said:

stonemuse said:

Maybe, but I can only go on what I see and hear.

If I am wrong and they are off sooner, I'll be the first to celebrate I can assure you :smiley:

Fact is, whatever happens, I believe he will be gone, as will the SMT, by the end of next season. A pain it's another year, but in the scheme of things, not too terrible a wait.

They can do a lot more damage in one season. Where will it all end?

We could see relegation to division four then they sell up, and still the apologists would back up the Belgians!

Maybe but at least we'd be rid of Roland.

However, if a deal is close you'd expect them to have spoken to the potential new manager, him to have spoken to potential staff, to have made a list of players wanted etc so they can hit the ground running. All of which will be made easier if that man is SCP.
  • se9addick said:

Didn't Roland flog Standard's best players before he sold up ?

We may lose Aribo and Konsa (the latter of which would really upset me) but I'm pretty confident we'll get new owners in return.

The loss of Holmes and Magennis (and even Pearce) would be far more damaging to the team