Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Port Vale Chairman Accepts Responsibility

Port Vale relegated; Chairman accepts full responsibility.

"wrong signings", "poor decision making"

Chairman resigns

Are you reading Meire ??

Comments

• Options
    Meire is the CEO, The Port Vale guy with the comedy northern name is owner and chairman so it should be "are you reading Duchatelet?"
  • Options
    ah, but we didn't get relegated

there's always next year though.
  • Options

ah, but we didn't get relegated

there's always next year though.

Then again we're not Port Vale!
  • Options
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/39779729

Has notably said: "I've seriously damaged the club" - Katie you REALLY need to take note!!
  • Options
    A
    fter Rob Page's departure to Northampton, Smurthwaite appointed Bruno Ribeiro as manager last summer and sanctioned a host of mostly foreign signings.

Vale made a positive start under their new Portuguese boss, but results dipped before Ribeiro resigned in December and caretaker boss Michael Brown was unable to keep Vale in the third tier.
    Foreign manager and signings... same old, same old, when will people learn!
  • Options
    edited May 2017

After Rob Page's departure to Northampton, Smurthwaite appointed Bruno Ribeiro as manager last summer and sanctioned a host of mostly foreign signings.

Vale made a positive start under their new Portuguese boss, but results dipped before Ribeiro resigned in December and caretaker boss Michael Brown was unable to keep Vale in the third tier.

To be fair... Port Vale were recommended Ribeiro by Mourinho...
  • Options

Meire is the CEO, The Port Vale guy with the comedy northern name is owner and chairman so it should be "are you reading Duchatelet?"

Point- scoring Henry...just asking
  • Options
    PeterGage said:

Point- scoring Henry...just asking
    Then you weren't scoring many points ;- )
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

After Rob Page's departure to Northampton, Smurthwaite appointed Bruno Ribeiro as manager last summer and sanctioned a host of mostly foreign signings.

To be fair... Port Vale were recommended Ribeiro by Mourinho...
    I'm not sure Mourinho would be the best person to ask if you want a L1 manager!
  • Options
    Please let's have no speculation about the quality of appetizers served to the most loyal customers at Port Vol.
  • Options
    "I'm loathed to say his position was untenable, but, considering the relationship he had with supporters, it really was impossible for him to stay." - BBC reporter.
  • Options
    The same Mourinho that could not improve his club despite spending 150,000,000? I am glad he is not recommending CEOs!
  • Options
    I do believe that "Le Smirk", as deluded and wholly incompetent as she is would never see a correlation with this story.
  • Options
    Hartlepool's Chairman has now resigned

In a lengthy statement, Coxall said: ’It is with huge sadness that I announce that, after some serious consideration over the past two weeks, I have decided to resign from my position as chairman of our club.

‘I am not oblivious to my surroundings and the feeling towards my tenure as chairman and I feel that, should I continue, it would divide the club at a time when it needs to come together as one.

Therefore, if my chairmanship is a factor in preventing that togetherness, then I will happily step aside for the good of the club. The club is more important.

‘There has been some criticism of me over the previous few months, some justified and some completely untrue and so wide of the mark it's incredible.

‘However, now is not the time to address those points, but I am confident that over the coming months it will be clear the club has always come first, even before my own family in some cases.’

• Options
    Scoham said:

Port Vale fans should be careful what they wish for, better the devil you know. The grass isn't always greener on the other side.

We don't if who comes in next will be better.