Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Updated Squad List - Latest (1st July page 2)

Thanks to @Scoham for the details especially with the under 23s

All errors mine. Please inbox any corrections.

New signings will be added in bold when they arrive

Players out of contract this summer in italics

Playing positions are not indicative not definitive

Copyright Charlton Life

First Team

Goalkeepers

Dillon Phillips 2018

Right Backs

Chris Solly 2020

Centre Backs

Harry Lennon 2018
Patrick Bauer 2019
Jason Pearce 2019
Ezri Konsa 2020
Jorge Teixeira 2020
Naby Sarr 2020

Left Backs

Lewis Page 2019

Central Midfielders

Andrew Crofts 2018
Johnnie Jackson 2018 (Player/First Team Coach)
Ahmed Kashi 2018
Joe Aribo 2019
Jake Forster-Caskey 2019

Wide Midfielders

Ricky Holmes 2018
Cristian Ceballos 2018

Strikers

Josh Magennis 2018
Tony Watt 2018
Lee Novak 2019
Karlan Ahearne-Grant 2019
Nicky Ajose 2019
Igor Vetokele 2019

U23 Development Squad

Goalkeepers

Callum Thomas 2017 (estimated)
Jordan Beeney 2018 (believed to have signed a 2 year scholarship and 2 year pro deal)
Ashely Maynard-Brewer 2019 plus 1 year option

Right Backs

Aaron Barnes 2018

Centre Backs

Elan Assiana 2017 (estimated)
Daniel Bowry 2019
Kenneth Yao Undisclosed "Long Term" (2019 estimated, signed January 2016)
Jo Cummings (centre back) 2019 - signed from Sheff Utd

Left Backs

Archie Edwards 2018

Central Midfielders

Matt Carter 2018
Regan Charles-Cook Undisclosed "Long Term" (2019 estimated)
George Lapslie 2019
Anfernee Dijksteel 2020

Strikers

Reeco Hackett-Fairchild 2018
Mikhail Kennedy 2018
Brandon Hanlan 2018
Josh Umerah 2018
Louis-Michel Yamfam 2018

U18s moving up to join U23s not yet announced EDIT see below

Terrique Anderson (striker) presumed 1/2 year deal
Taylor Maloney (central midfielder) presumed 1/2 year deal

Comments

• edited May 2017
    bump
  • As it stands

22 first team players here on 1 July

Of that 22

1 is a player/coach.

5 were long term loans (Sarr, Vetokele, Cebellos, Ajose) or long term injured (Kashi)
  • Is Elan Assiana the lad we signed from Man City who was captaining England at the time if my memory serves me correctly. Have not heard much about him since if it is.
  • Is Elan Assiana the lad we signed from Man City who was captaining England at the time if my memory serves me correctly. Have not heard much about him since if it is.

yes and no we haven't heard anything about him for some time.
  • Didnt Robinson say that he wanted to bring in a few players across the whole of Defence?

Other than signing a backup Left-Back | Right-Back I'd sell Teixeira and Sarr and be done with the Centre-Backs; Lennon | Bauer | Pearce | Konsa should be more than adequate cover in those positions.
  • Didnt Robinson say that he wanted to bring in a few players across the whole of Defence?

Other than signing a backup Left-Back | Right-Back I'd sell Teixeira and Sarr and be done with the Centre-Backs; Lennon | Bauer | Pearce | Konsa should be more than adequate cover in those positions.

Keep Tex, sell Lennon.

Keep Tex, sell Lennon.
    Tex on £12k pw Lennon on I'd guess slightly less
  • This summer must see the fewest contract expiries in the first team for the best part of a decade - only Johnson and Chickeson - which would normally be cause for celebration. However we've accumulated so much expensive (in some instances very expensive) dead wood that it will surely stop us bringing in any new talent until we can get rid of some of the big earning failures, which is going to be very difficult.
  • Sponsored links:

• Blimey, Tex and Sarr to 2020....... I thought Tex when he signed was a 3.5 year deal? I.E. up to the summer of 2019.

Good to hear we've got another season of Ceballos, Kashi and two with Igor...... on loan AGAIN.
  • Rob7Lee said:

Blimey, Tex and Sarr to 2020....... I thought Tex when he signed was a 3.5 year deal? I.E. up to the summer of 2019.

Good to hear we've got another season of Ceballos, Kashi and two with Igor...... on loan AGAIN.

OS said 4.5 years for Tex - http://www.cafc.co.uk/news/article/charlton-championship-transfer-jorge-teixeira-2910408.aspx
  • Scoham said:

Rob7Lee said:

Blimey, Tex and Sarr to 2020....... I thought Tex when he signed was a 3.5 year deal? I.E. up to the summer of 2019.

OS said 4.5 years for Tex - http://www.cafc.co.uk/news/article/charlton-championship-transfer-jorge-teixeira-2910408.aspx
    Blimey, worse than I thought then.......
  • Thanks to @Scoham for the details especially with the under 23s

All errors mine. Please inbox any corrections.

New signings will be added in bold when they arrive

Players out of contract this summer in italics

Playing positions are not indicative not definitive

Copyright Charlton Life

First Team

Goalkeepers

Dillon Phillips 2018 KEEP

Right Backs

Chris Solly 2020 KEEP

Centre Backs

Roger Johnson 2017
    LET GO
    Harry Lennon 2018 KEEP
    Patrick Bauer 2019 KEEP
    Jason Pearce 2019 KEEP
    Ezri Konsa 2020 KEEP
    Jorge Teixeira 2020 LET GO
    Naby Sarr 2020 LET GO

Left Backs

Adam Chicksen 2017 LET GO
    Lewis Page 2019 KEEP

Central Midfielders

Andrew Crofts 2018 - Not confirmed by club I WOULD LET GO
    Johnnie Jackson 2018 (Player/First Team Coach)
    Ahmed Kashi 2018 LET GO
    Joe Aribo 2019 KEEP
    Jake Forster-Caskey 2019 KEEP

Wide Midfielders

Ricky Holmes 2018 KEEP
    Cristian Ceballos 2018 LET GO

Strikers

Josh Magennis 2018 KEEP
    Tony Watt 2018 LET GO
    Lee Novak 2019 LET GO
    Karlan Ahearne-Grant 2019 NOT SURE
    Nicky Ajose 2019 LET GO
    Igor Vetokele 2019 LET GO

U23 Development Squad

Goalkeepers

Dimitar Mitov 2017
    Callum Thomas 2017 (estimated)

Jordan Beeney 2018 (believed to have signed a 2 year scholarship and 2 year pro deal)
    Ashely Maynard-Brewer 2019 plus 1 year option

Right Backs

Aaron Barnes 2018

Centre Backs

Elan Assiana 2017 (estimated)
    Terell Thomas 2017

Daniel Bowry 2019
    Kenneth Yao Undisclosed "Long Term" (2019 estimated, signed January 2016)

Left Backs

Archie Edwards 2018

Central Midfielders

Chris Millar 2017
    Matt Carter 2018
    Regan Charles-Cook Undisclosed "Long Term" (2019 estimated)
    George Lapslie 2019
    Anfernee Dijksteel 2020

Strikers

Reeco Hackett-Fairchild Unknown - player stated had signed new contract on 5/5/17
    Mikhail Kennedy 2018
    Brandon Hanlan 2018
    Josh Umerah 2018
    Louis-Michel Yamfam 2018

U18s moving up to join U23s not yet announced

My opinions on who we should keep and let go, and when I say let go I mean sell, move on, not just pay up their contracts like we should do for a Sarr or a Vetokele

My view on all the remnants like Sarr is that they were mistakes and never going to work, and it's probably best for all that they have to go so we can make a clean break.

The worry for me is that looking at that squad, I think we're miles off a promotion. Assuming KR stays, the first team might look like this

Philips

Solly Bauer Pearce Page

Konsa Forster Caskey

Holmes Aribo ???

Magennis

It's not good enough imo, nowhere near good enough

For me we need

Philips

RB CB Pearce LB

Holmes Aribo/Konsa CM LW

Magennis CF
  • it is so demoralising to see how little quality in the 1st team squad,maybe 2 or 3 at the level we need just to stay in league 1. we are a long long way from challenging for top half let alone top 6 even if say 2 youngsters came in and did well,major influx of good players needed before start of season and you know it aint gonna happen under this lot so can only hope for change of owner
  • Those contract negotiations that Daisy professes to love making have been such a success.

We are so lucky to have her.
  • Signing a 30 year old on a 4.5 year deal at 12K a week when you are on the verge of relegation to league one is astonishing - the lack of forward thinking and financial awareness is baffling. (For the record I rate tex)
  • I rate Tex too, always did, but it was a stupid deal, which shows her total incompetence in her role.
  • Desperation after wasting money on Williams and Johnson I guess. Four centre backs signed that month if you include Fanni.
  • Scoham said:

Desperation after wasting money on Williams and Johnson I guess. Four centre backs signed that month if you include Fanni.

Short term deals and loans get a lot of criticism, but in some situations can be beneficial. Fanni was an excellent player (when match fit) but I imagine would have been on a steep salary, one completely unaffordable in L1
  • Sponsored links:

• Tex needs to go - can't afford his wages and I'm sure he has little enthusiasm left. Not really bothered if both Sarr and Bauer leave as well. Bauer seems very accident prone....
  • Tex & Bauer both scored 4 goals this season - better than Novak. They may have played more games but the are defenders & he is a striker.
  • Tex needs to go - can't afford his wages and I'm sure he has little enthusiasm left. Not really bothered if both Sarr and Bauer leave as well. Bauer seems very accident prone....

Bauer looked decent when compared to Sarr, but can make rash decisions. Hopefully he will improve to be a decent player. I imagine his wages would be fairly high though, which might be a factor.

Lennon (a bit of a forgotten man) has had a nightmare season really, injuries and looked incredibly rusty when he played, but once fit ought to be a decent L1 defender
  • edited May 2017
    A new squad list thread always leads to new contracts/signings/sales.

http://www.cafc.co.uk/news/article/2016-17/charlton-academy-new-deals-3711503.aspx

Terrique Anderson (striker) and Taylor Maloney (central midfielder) move up to the u23s next season. No mention of contract length, so presumably on 1 or 2 year deals.

Hackett-Fairchild now on a deal until 2018.

Jo Cummings (centre back) signs from Sheff Utd until 2019 and will be part of the u23 squad.
  • Scoham said:

http://www.cafc.co.uk/news/article/2016-17/charlton-academy-new-deals-3711503.aspx

Terrique Anderson (striker) and Taylor Maloney (central midfielder) move up to the u23s next season. No mention of contract length, so presumably on 1 or 2 year deals.

Jo Cummings (centre back) signs from Sheff Utd until 2019 and will be part of the u23 squad.

@Ollywozere does it on purpose to annoy us :smile:

Can Admin update.

BTW why isn't there an @admin tag so we don't have to list @i_b_b_o_r_g and all his assistants when we need them?
  • edited May 2017
    Can soon add Reeves to that list I reckon
  • Scoham said:

@Ollywozere does it on purpose to annoy us :smile:

Can Admin update.

BTW why isn't there an @admin tag so we don't have to list @i_b_b_o_r_g and all his assistants when we need them?
    Done - actually think that's my first constructive admin/mod thing. Well, it can't all be grassing on argument alerts and rounding on @The31YearMan
  • Only 2 moving up from U'18's seems a small number, what is usual?

KM mentioned we had a couple of kids in the youth team being chased by PL clubs, I wonder if they slipped through our net... Tammy Abrahams I think was mentioned as someone on here although have no idea who he is.
  • Only 2 moving up from U'18's seems a small number, what is usual?

KM mentioned we had a couple of kids in the youth team being chased by PL clubs, I wonder if they slipped through our net... Tammy Abrahams I think was mentioned as someone on here although have no idea who he is.

Tammy Abraham plays for Chelsea, on loan at Bristol City (23 in 41 for him this season). We were after him on loan.
  • The other second year scholars not listed above are:

Aiden Prall (GK)

Mustapha Bangura-Williams (Def)

Romarno Simpson (Def)

Sulaiman Bah (Fwd)