Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

St Truiden's training ground gates locked.

2»

Comments

• edited May 2017
    Think we somehow need to make it clear to all St Truiden fans that no slight was intended to either themselves or the team.
    Whilst I'm at it, when in St Truiden, I think it's important that we Addicks make it clear to all St Truiden fans and residents that as Goldfinger never comes to Charlton, then we have no alternative than to go to Belgium to seek him out on his own patch.
    I did this several times on my last visit as I thought it only polite. When given this info they seemed to understand and accept us being there......even if we were a slight source of irritation to some.
  • Someone reckoned that STVV have an all weather pitch and had been at the stadium for the last two weeks, rather than their training ground, so would not have been inconvenienced.

I've no idea if true or not.
  • Pedro45 said:

You can always tell something by who they follow on Twitter, is I'm guessing (with my FBI profiler hat on) that this is a 20-something male, who likes America, but hates Roland; who has poor taste in music, but good taste in sport; who likes a laugh, but takes his news seriously! Hmmmm....sounds a bit like a Charlton fan to me....

Er...

Gonna go ahead and say I don't like America all that much (I mean I like her, but I don't like like her), I'm 31, and I have good taste in music.
  • Well played to whoever did this. Will have annoyed RD. Don't really care about his other tin pot club I am afraid. Each man to themselves.
  • edited May 2017
    SDAddick said:

Pedro45 said:

You can always tell something by who they follow on Twitter, is I'm guessing (with my FBI profiler hat on) that this is a 20-something male, who likes America, but hates Roland; who has poor taste in music, but good taste in sport; who likes a laugh, but takes his news seriously! Hmmmm....sounds a bit like a Charlton fan to me....

Er...

Gonna go ahead and say I don't like America all that much (I mean I like her, but I don't like like her), I'm 31, and I have good taste in music.
    So it wasn't you?! ;)
  • edited May 2017
    No point trying this at The Valley. By the time Daisy turns up they would have had time to smash the gates down, order a new set and have them installed and she'd still be clueless...

...so no change there then!! :wink:
  • edited May 2017

Well played to whoever did this. Will have annoyed RD. Don't really care about his other tin pot club I am afraid. Each man to themselves.

I understand you up to a point AC......not sure if you've been on a Belgian jaunt or not, but we 'definitely' need to keep good relations with both residents and fans of St Truiden if at all possible.To do otherwise would be very unwise and certainly (at least at this stage), highly counter productive, though if push came to shove then very reluctantly I'd have to agree with you.
    But let's hope that call will never have to be made, as we have been treated with sympathy, cordiality and respect up to this point in time.