Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Players let go list confirmed (Bye Bye Roger)

Comments

• I thought Mitov was meant to be the next big thing?
  • RedChaser said:

Scoham said:

J BLOCK said:

Dizzle said:

Igor and Ceballos back next season?

Hope so, both do a job in league one.

How does anyone know what Ceballos can do
    ? Had a look the other day and he started 3 league games for us.

If they don't want to be here and KR doesn't want them I hope we can get rid of them as soon as possible.
    Good point, has been known to take cracking corner though :wink:
    Not as bad as the Charlie Adam one this season!
  • edited May 2017
    Christ, there is a load of crap left in that squad. Only 2 keepers, top heavy with centre half's.

Some clearing out is required (if they can be got rid of) before anyone half decent can be brought in.

• Been waiting to say this for a while - Fuck off Rog.
  • Far too many mediocre players in the current squad. Another season of non achievement ahead unless they can manage to move a few more on.
  • In memory of Roger.

(Removed - Sorry too bold swearing for people to have on work screens)

• So I think we can assume that Robinson has been told he can only buy if we can sell some of out expensive but peripheral players.
    Do not hold your breath, people like Texeira et al will not leave unless they can get at least as good a deal as they can from sitting on the bench or stands at Charlton on Championship level wages.
  • Sponsored links:

• You assume wrong.

Karl will take the players given to him and play nice for the cameras.
  • Surprised Thomas released. If Tex or Bauer go, we are down to 4 CHs, no FB tall enough to cover and none of the U23s robust enough ro step in. This year we had 6, few suspensions and still came up short.
  • Fear not, long suffering supporters. Roger will be back when the first injury crisis hits in late September and something stirs deep inside Katrien's head and she thinks "I know just the man ... now, what's the international dialing code for India ..."
  • edited May 2017
    LenGlover said:

Mitov is better than most of our strikers isn't he?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ukBgB--G2c

I saw him glance up towards the goal so pretty sure he was going for it

:smiley:
  • Surprised Thomas released. If Tex or Bauer go, we are down to 4 CHs, no FB tall enough to cover and none of the U23s robust enough ro step in. This year we had 6, few suspensions and still came up short.

Four should be enough, it's not normal to pick up the number of injuries we have in the last few years. Should be doing a better job preventing and dealing with injuries.

In 11/12 we had four CBs, with Doherty the 4th choice barely playing.
  • edited May 2017
    mogodon said:

Fear not, long suffering supporters. Roger will be back when the first injury crisis hits in late September and something stirs deep inside Katrien's head and she thinks "I know just the man ... now, what's the international dialing code for India ..."

+91 - but don't worry as she can't count that high.
  • Scoham said:

Surprised Thomas released. If Tex or Bauer go, we are down to 4 CHs, no FB tall enough to cover and none of the U23s robust enough ro step in. This year we had 6, few suspensions and still came up short.

Four should be enough, it's not normal to pick up the number of injuries we have in the last few years. Should be doing a better job preventing and dealing with injuries.

I forgot he was still with us that season, as virtually all the previous team left in the summer!
  • Where I'd djicksteel? ????

Parlez-vous anglais?

he's certainly not been released and can play either CH or midfield.
  • Sponsored links:

• Scoham said:

Surprised Thomas released. If Tex or Bauer go, we are down to 4 CHs, no FB tall enough to cover and none of the U23s robust enough ro step in. This year we had 6, few suspensions and still came up short.

Correct, it's not normal - almost like the players recoveries are being mismanaged...
  • Djiksteel also not robust enough for CH in L1. Like to see him midfield though.
  • dizzee said:

The amount they sold Yann for they probably paid out for Roger Johnson's wages.

And some!
  • edited May 2017
    Scoham said:

Doherty was awful.

Agreed, four is pretty much the standard. We had six this season but Lennon and Johnson played in what, five or six league games between them? If we keep Bauer (I'm pretty much assuming Tex is gone) we should be alright for numbers. This is League One after all, we certainly need better squad depth and balance than we've had in recent years, but a 25+ man squad of senior pros is not realistic.
  • mogodon said:

Fear not, long suffering supporters. Roger will be back when the first injury crisis hits in late September and something stirs deep inside Katrien's head and she thinks "I know just the man ... now, what's the international dialing code for India ..."

Yep, I'm not getting excited until he retires.
  • I wouldn't say buy to roger just yet when they sell konsa and tex and can't sign anyone else theylll be resigning Roger for a 3rd time 3rd time lucky maybe not.
  • It's a shame about Mitov but maybe it's a signal that they see a serious future for Dillon Phillips at Charlton. He is still very young for a keeper and if he is going to be challenging for the first team, perhaps they don't really see another youngster coming through and getting a chance.
  • Djicksteel is not in the retained list though? Anyone know why? Just signed a new deal and has been a standout in the u23s
  • Djicksteel is not in the retained list though? Anyone know why? Just signed a new deal and has been a standout in the u23s

Djicksteel is not in the retained list though? Anyone know why? Just signed a new deal and has been a standout in the u23s

There are a few other names missing from the U23 squad. Maybe not just considered part of the first team squad.
  • SDAddick said:

Scoham said:

Doherty was awful.

Agreed, four is pretty much the standard. We had six this season but Lennon and Johnson played in what, five or six league games between them? If we keep Bauer (I'm pretty much assuming Tex is gone) we should be alright for numbers. This is League One after all, we certainly need better squad depth and balance than we've had in recent years, but a 25+ man squad of senior pros is not realistic.
    I'd be pretty happy with 7 defenders:
    Solly at RB
    New LB backed up by Page
    Bauer and Pearce at CB, with Lennon covering Pearce, and then a new defender who can play RB/CB covering Bauer and Solly. This could be Konsa dependant on where KR see's his best position.