Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Comments

• And in 2021?
  • Why is the pitch in such good condition? Was the pitch restored before any work on the stands was started?
  • I went to both of the Valley clear ups but I can't remember what year it was but it must have been before 1991.

I'm sure that all the trees were removed from the east terrace during the two clear up days but I'm confused by the pitch. It was not in good state like this.
  • These boys still live in the scoreboard and twiddle with knobs.

my mum told me I'd go blind if i did that.
  • I would say summer of '92.
  • The old stand was still there for the first big cleanup. It's missing in this photo, so I'm guessing 92 as well, getting ready to build the replacement.
  • I would agree that it is 1991, probably taken after the planning consent was given in the April.

The reason why the pitch is in such good condition is the club started work on the pitch after the second clean up (1989). Obviously no work could occur on the stands until the planning permission was granted
  • Sponsored links:

• It's actually a pic taken from the future if RD continues to own the club.
  • We use to go in and play on the corner of the pitch and get off with birds in the stands, late 80's and the grass would be up to our knees before we trod it down
  • ....I actually scored the greatest goal the ground has ever seen, but there was only 4 of us there to witness it. Do you want my photo in the museum Henners?
  • edited May 2017

....I actually scored the greatest goal the ground has ever seen, but there was only 4 of us there to witness it. Do you want my photo in the museum Henners?

Already got a statue of you in your 80s prime on display @i_b_b_o_r_g

• A few more in the ground than for recent games ;)
  • I thought the temporary West Stand or at least the roof was installed in 1991, well before we returned, so I'd date the photo sometime in 1991
  • Exactly ....... another addition for pinocchios list of achievements. Look at the ground then & look at it now that she's in full control of the cloob
  • I would say summer of '92.

No way they would've been ready for the first game in December.
  • We use to go in and play on the corner of the pitch and get off with birds in the stands, late 80's and the grass would be up to our knees before we trod it down

Didnt know you were a pigeon fancier.
  • Sponsored links:

• ....I actually scored the greatest goal the ground has ever seen, but there was only 4 of us there to witness it. Do you want my photo in the museum Henners?

Already got a statue of you in your 80s prime on display @i_b_b_o_r_g

Completely legless. And he always claims to be a non-drinker.