Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Ireland pre-season travel costs

The games on the 10th and 12th in Dublin enjoy flights almost every 30 minutes throughout the day from Gatwick, Luton and Stansted, fares are between £50-£75 return.

For the Limerick game people need to get in quick as flights to Shannon are few and are around £125 return already.

Accommodation is expensive over in Dublin, you can easily pay 100-150 euros for a room, but if you are prepared to use a hostel then they are around 25 euros.

Comments

• You can also fly from London City to Dublin may be more expensive but save hassle of getting to other airports.
  • My Mum's family are from Limerick so heading there for that game and going to seek out some great aunts and uncles. May see you out there?

Some cheap flights left to Shannon albeit at unsociable hours....
  • If you are willing to spend a bit of time traveling you can probably save a bit of money on flights by looking at alternative airports. For example Ryanair fly from Gatwick and Stanstead into Cork Airport. Cork is 90 minutes from Limerick and 3 hours from Dublin.
    Limerick is probably 2 and a half hours from Dublin.
    Kerry is my favourite airport. I think they have one gate, its barely more than a shed and a runway but its only 90 minutes drive from Limerick and there are flights to Luton and Stanstead.

Obvioulsy there are car rentla options, but if you are looking at public transport then these are the main companies you'll be using
    Aircoach.ie - direct buses between Dublin Airport/Dublin and Cork but they don't serve Limerick as far as I know.
    buseireann.ie - national bus company - tend to stop everywhere
    irishrail.ie - trains aren't that great here - the Cork to Dublin train takes about the same time as the bus and is much more expensive.
    jjkavanagh.ie - Private company who run buses from Dublin Airport and Dublin to Limerick
    citylink.ie - Dublin to Limerick
  • el-pietro said:

If you are willing to spend a bit of time traveling you can probably save a bit of money on flights by looking at alternative airports. For example Ryanair fly from Gatwick and Stanstead into Cork Airport. Cork is 90 minutes from Limerick and 3 hours from Dublin.
    Kerry is my favourite airport. I think they have one gate, its barely more than a shed and a runway but its only 90 minutes drive from Limerick and there are flights to Luton and Stanstead.

Obvioulsy there are car rentla options, but if you are looking at public transport then these are the main companies you'll be using
    Aircoach.ie - direct buses between Dublin Airport/Dublin and Cork but they don't serve Limerick as far as I know.
    irishrail.ie - trains aren't that great here - the Cork to Dublin train takes about the same time as the bus and is much more expensive.
    jjkavanagh.ie - Private company who run buses from Dublin Airport and Dublin to Limerick

Are you related to Syd Cheesewright?
  • el-pietro said:

If you are willing to spend a bit of time traveling you can probably save a bit of money on flights by looking at alternative airports. For example Ryanair fly from Gatwick and Stanstead into Cork Airport. Cork is 90 minutes from Limerick and 3 hours from Dublin.

He's his cousin Syd O'Cheesewright.
  • @The31YearMan is going to this tour. I'm gonna go out of my way and give him partial credit here. However that will be destroyed within the first week of the season as he misses the first 2 league and league cup game as he's away....

Weak man
  • el-pietro said:

I'm afraid I don't get that reference.
  • It's a compliment Pete.

Gutted to be missing out on this one. But will definitely come over later in the year.