Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Football Manager 2018

No news on the next game yet but the Charlton researcher position has become available.

It's something I've done voluntarily for 12 years but I no longer have the time for it. In terms of getting to games I stopped going to mid week games this season and with my son turning 2 in July I'm not expecting to get to as many Saturday games next season. Not living locally doesn't help either.

If you're interested in applying or know someone else that may be details can be found on the link below. It also explains the requirements and tasks involved.

https://community.sigames.com/topic/381687-fm-research-vacancies-how-to-contact-head-researchers-and-how-to-get-involved/#comment-10478391

Comments

• How much do you have to go to be considered 'qualified'?
  • Bloody hard work for simply a copy of the PC game, it's the sort of thing KM would organise.
  • How much do you have to go to be considered 'qualified'?

I expect they'll want someone that has a season ticket or at least regularly goes to games. I think it'll really depend on who else applies. The ideal person would be someone that watches the u23s and u18s as well.
  • They're still looking for a new researcher in case anyone missed this.

• Would give you a lol but I've read that several times on Twitter already. Think Tommy's going to be blocking a few more accounts on there tonight.
  • Sponsored links:

• Done some top work Scoham, always been a bit harsh but fair on our player ratings and transfer budgets, but always turned out to be correct!

Any other ones except josh wright that scoham overrated? Don't remember any.. although I do seem to remember once osei sankofa developed ridiculous physical stats (at least 18+ for everything) which made him an utter beast.
  • Would've been fun to apply but I've not had a season ticket for a while plus I don't see nearly enough of the youth.
  • Done some top work Scoham, always been a bit harsh but fair on our player ratings and transfer budgets, but always turned out to be correct!

Any other ones except josh wright that scoham overrated? Don't remember any.. although I do seem to remember once osei sankofa developed ridiculous physical stats (at least 18+ for everything) which made him an utter beast.

Good shout. I love that we're going over Scoham's work and being critical.

Yado Mambo seemed to turn out alright, though to be fair he seemed pretty highly rated at one point. Harry Arter never seemed to do very well despite being rated (I know he had a couple serious injuries in his teens).

We had those two Ivorian lads who were seemingly always on loan who could never get work permits but who were decent (yet no one ever seemed to want to buy them). I don't know if he got that wrong given that I never saw them play and now can't remember their names because I'm old.

Seriously, Scoham, it's been a few years since I played but when I did play in the late naughties early '10s our players always seemed pretty bang on. Thank you so much for your hard work, you gave me countless hours of joy.
  • edited June 2017
    SDAddick said:

Done some top work Scoham, always been a bit harsh but fair on our player ratings and transfer budgets, but always turned out to be correct!

Good shout. I love that we're going over Scoham's work and being critical.

Yado Mambo seemed to turn out alright, though to be fair he seemed pretty highly rated at one point. Harry Arter never seemed to do very well despite being rated (I know he had a couple serious injuries in his teens).

We had those two Ivorian lads who were seemingly always on loan who could never get work permits but who were decent (yet no one ever seemed to want to buy them). I don't know if he got that wrong given that I never saw them play and now can't remember their names because I'm old.

Seriously, Scoham, it's been a few years since I played but when I did play in the late naughties early '10s our players always seemed pretty bang on. Thank you so much for your hard work, you gave me countless hours of joy.
    https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/serges-deble/profil/spieler/79989

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cyriac

Cyriac was on the books at Standard Liege, not sure if he would have ever been part of the network.
  • Harry arter was rated pretty fairly. Remember that those players with "either" as their preferred foot have lower stats than some one of the same ability with "right only" or "left only" because iirc having two strong feet is more of a boost than having +2 or 3 higher stats
  • Hold on, are they only offering you a copy of football manager in return ? Harsh if so
  • Thank you @Scoham this has genuinely made my day.
  • Sponsored links:

• Anyone played the beta for this yet?

Yup, missed out on fm17 so got on this one.

So far I like it, getting used to the pre match tactical meeting etc but one of the better beta releases in recent years. Seems to be a lot of late winners in my games which actually makes the game really entertaining. I remember going “overload” in the last 10 in previous games and absolutely no highlights came up, making it regularly the most boring 10 mins of matches.
  • I'm far to into my FM17 to buy a new one this year, I wish I had the free time I did when I was 14 again.....

Yeah got it last night, only thing i'm not too keen on yet is the search for players/transfers but is more realistic with the scouting scenarios etc.
  • Main issue so far is the ridiculous amount of injuries you get. Its okay if you are a prem side with a large squad but about a month into my charlton game i didnt have enough players to make the bench. 3-4 injuries a game is a joke. Hopefully the first patch will sort this out. Currently 3rd in League one with 4 games left of the season. COYR.
  • Red_James said:

Anyone played the beta for this yet?

Yeah got it last night, only thing i'm not too keen on yet is the search for players/transfers but is more realistic with the scouting scenarios etc.
    Scouting needed redoing for a while, you can still search for players normally in the scouting screen. I like the fact you have a scouting budget so if you do want to scout some one in South America and you’re charlton you can. It would just cost you money. I’d say training also needs a lot more work for future versions. I loved the championship manager games where you could say what drills on what day. Would be a lot more immersive.

• Red_James said:

Anyone played the beta for this yet?

Scouting needed redoing for a while, you can still search for players normally in the scouting screen. I like the fact you have a scouting budget so if you do want to scout some one in South America and you’re charlton you can. It would just cost you money. I’d say training also needs a lot more work for future versions. I loved the championship manager games where you could say what drills on what day. Would be a lot more immersive.

Yeah think the scouting is a lot better and more realistic
  • Main issue so far is the ridiculous amount of injuries you get. Its okay if you are a prem side with a large squad but about a month into my charlton game i didnt have enough players to make the bench. 3-4 injuries a game is a joke. Hopefully the first patch will sort this out. Currently 3rd in League one with 4 games left of the season. COYR.

Yeah only started yesterday but had 7 injuries before the season even started!