Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Anyone had and solved a problem with Sky desktop player ?

I'm with Virgin Media and can watch Sky Sports on my laptop via Virgin TV anywhere. You can get it on 2 devices.

Sky introduced a new way of viewing via needing to install a new(ish) desktop player.

I tried to view yesterday after installing the player and was either getting error code 7005 or it played, but almost like in moving frames, as opposed to a properly flowing picture. The picture starts ok when it's out of focus, but after a few seconds when the focus became sharp, the picture just reverts to as I've described it.

It's the same on Google Chrome & Internet Explorer and I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling both Microsoft Silverlight and the desktop player.

I've also done numerous malware scans.

It appears to be a common problem on forums and Virgin Media couldn't resolve it.

I'm on Windows 10 and the laptop is only 6 months old.

I installed the desktop player on my son's laptop and it works fine.

Has anyone had and resolved this issue ?

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Same here. Tried watching the cricket on Sky Go yesterday on my iPad and it wasn't having it.
  • So far as I'm aware neither Google Chrome nor FireFox work with SKY Go now

I used to watch it on my Desktop using both Browsers yet support for both has been removed, only Internet Explorer works now (nor does Microsoft Edge work)
  • edited July 2017
    According to Sky, IE, FF & GC should now work. I checked.
  • Same here. Tried watching the cricket on Sky Go yesterday on my iPad and it wasn't having it.

You need to update the app and sign in again.
  • Chizz said:

Same here. Tried watching the cricket on Sky Go yesterday on my iPad and it wasn't having it.

I did that untold times.
  • Chizz said:

Same here. Tried watching the cricket on Sky Go yesterday on my iPad and it wasn't having it.

I did that untold times.
    Well do it a told time then
  • Anyone ?