Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Robinson on Talksport tonight (24th) from 7pm

Comments

• edited July 2017

Or you could have just said you got shouted at :-)

The thing is Dan, I'm not finding any humour in this, we're in a bloody state and we do have the option to change things.
  • clive said:

Anyone got a listen back link for those of us who missed it?

https://talksport.com/radio/schedule

On 'kickoff' from 19.00.
    Thank you.
  • Or you could have just said you got shouted at :-)

The thing is Dan, I'm not finding any humour in this, we're in a bloody state and we do have the option to change things.
    That's rather the point.
    Well at least you'll be there every game with me, as we encourage everyone else to not attend.

What's the latest on any takeover news ?
  • I agree with much of what you have written, especially the frustration at what weve become, but I'm not sure at all that I understand HOW you are proposing to change things, @Covered End?
  • Cheers WILB, for info we sponsored the Card shirts so you can get my/our disdain of the BLOODY Belgians, ultimately though I want us back in the Championship then all being well a takeover and then you never know...............constant negativity of Robinson and the team will only make each and every Saturday evermore painfull. Finished really well back end of last season, strengthened the squad & so very unlucky not to beat Millscum in January so on the playing field a lot to be optimistic about.

Pleasure, what companies chose to sponsor or advertise within is entirely upto them, working within the football and sporting advertising insustry there is no rhyme or reason why companies do or don't advertise however they have their own reasons and they should be respected.
    Your right with the constant negativity and is a total ball ache to be honest, what I don't get if you are that miserable about the team then why come on here and post, you are not going to change the minds of those who want to support the team and get behind the club just as you are not going to get an owner to sell.
    Everyone has choices in life and it is wrong for people to sit there and shot down what people believe in, if you have lost the love for the club and don't have nothing good to say then don't say nothing at all.
    I have had my family slagged off on social media, my son dragged into things, been stalked on business media sites, clearly they don't realise that someone can see when they have viewed there profile just because I stand up for my club.

I think people of all different views come on here to post and have many diffrent view points. If advertisers are due respect aren't fans of differing opinions entitled to the same respect.

• Sponsored links:

• Stig is right , I'm pretty positive as I was(wrongfully for once) last season to where we will finish football wise .
    Once again I think it isn't the strongest League One and we have a decent chance of promotion.
    Last season we missed a great chance to get promoted due to lack of strength and depth in the squad because of our fuckwit owners , not because Mr Invisble took the place of a few Charlton fans in the seats .
    Separately I think our owners are clueless chancers and the sooner we get off Roland and Daisy's tragic roundabout the better for the future of our club .

5% Automatic promotion ......... 35% 3rd-6th .......... 55% 7th-12th ......5% 13th-20th ....... 0% Relegation

100% Roland Out

Given their track record and our squad still being light, I cannot for the life of me see why you have 0% relegation. Gotta be 5% minimum.

• edited July 2017
    supaclive said:

Stig is right , I'm pretty positive as I was(wrongfully for once) last season to where we will finish football wise .
    Once again I think it isn't the strongest League One and we have a decent chance of promotion.
    Last season we missed a great chance to get promoted due to lack of strength and depth in the squad because of our fuckwit owners , not because Mr Invisble took the place of a few Charlton fans in the seats .
    Separately I think our owners are clueless chancers and the sooner we get off Roland and Daisy's tragic roundabout the better for the future of our club .

5% Automatic promotion ......... 35% 3rd-6th .......... 55% 7th-12th ......5% 13th-20th ....... 0% Relegation

100% Roland Out

Given their track record and our squad still being light, I cannot for the life of me see why you have 0% relegation. Gotta be 5% minimum.

We have something like 22 senior pros. Our squad is not "light." It's not properly balanced at the moment, but we're 1-2 (GK, attacker) away from having a good squad. This is League One. I doubt we're going to come up against a more talented squad than ours (efficacy is of course another story).

Phillips + GK (1, +1)
    DaSilva and Page (2)
    Konsa, Sarr, Pearce, Lennon, Bauer (5)
    Solly
    Crofts, JFC, Aribo, Kashi, JJ (5)
    Marshall, Holmes, Fosu, KAG, (4, +1)
    Clarke, Watt, Magennis, Novak (4)
    Youth stepping up: Dijksteel, RCC, Barnes

I'm probably forgetting someone.
  • SDAddick said:

supaclive said:

Stig is right , I'm pretty positive as I was(wrongfully for once) last season to where we will finish football wise .

100% Roland Out

We have something like 22 senior pros. Our squad is not "light." It's not properly balanced at the moment, but we're 1-2 (GK, attacker) away from having a good squad. This is League One. I doubt we're going to come up against a more talented squad than ours (efficacy is of course another story).

Phillips + GK (1, +1)
    DaSilva and Page (2)
    Solly
    Clarke, Watt, Magennis, Clarke (4)

You put Clarke twice instead of adding Novak.

However in bold i've put the players who are either injured or have serious question marks over their ability to play in 40+ league games. When you look at it that way, we're woefully short.
  • edited July 2017
    I have to admit, I quite like him. I think he made a few mistakes last season both on and off the pitch, but forgive him because his intentions were good. I think football can be quite simple in certain aspects - one of those is if you think you have a decent manager, back him and see where he can take you. I'd like to see him backed a bit more, we, as a club, need the electric shock treatment to get us going.

Positively, I think he is a good enough manager to know what the problems were last season. It is a disadvantage of sacking managers all the time that they can't fix issues they have identified. Powell was backed to make the changes needed. I think Robinson less so, but he can still address them, he just needs a bit more luck than Powell did.
  • No out and out goalscorer

Attacking midfielders are already light with Marshalls injury

Full backs we are light with Page injury

We need a solid No1 keeper!!

Odds on kashi will break down within the first few months of the season and have a lengthy layoff which will leave us short in midfield as JJ and crofts aren't up to it.

To me it looks like KR will play 4-2-3-1 and he's relying on the '3' to feed off a striker that will hold up the ball. IMHO this won't work in this division. We know that the majority of teams aren't technically great sides but what they will do against the 'bigger' teams like us is get men behind the ball and scrap for every second ball. So many teams will play 4-5-1 against us at the valley and our '3' won't get a sniff.
    I'm on favour of a 4-4-2 formation with one striker being the goal poaching type and the other being a aerial threat who drops deep at times.
    Two fast tricky wingers
    Two centre mids who have a good range of passing and can tackle and bring the ball forward.
  • Sponsored links:

• SDAddick said:

supaclive said:

100% Roland Out

Phillips + GK (1, +1)
    DaSilva and Page (2)
    Solly

However in bold i've put the players who are either injured or have serious question marks over their ability to play in 40+ league games. When you look at it that way, we're woefully short.
    This is League One. How big do you think squads can get? I agree there are injury question marks over some players, but every squad has risks. Kashi, if fit, could be the best player in the league. There are always trade offs.

How many would you add?
  • edited July 2017
    agim said:

No out and out goalscorer

Odds on kashi will break down within the first few months of the season and have a lengthy layoff which will leave us short in midfield as JJ and crofts aren't up to it.

To me it looks like KR will play 4-2-3-1 and he's relying on the '3' to feed off a striker that will hold up the ball. IMHO this won't work in this division. We know that the majority of teams aren't technically great sides but what they will do against the 'bigger' teams like us is get men behind the ball and scrap for every second ball. So many teams will play 4-5-1 against us at the valley and our '3' won't get a sniff.
    I'm on favour of a 4-4-2 formation with one striker being the goal poaching type and the other being a aerial threat who drops deep at times.
    Two fast tricky wingers
    Two centre mids who have a good range of passing and can tackle and bring the ball forward.

We played a lot of 4-4-2 last year under Slade and looked shit doing it. I think there's a decent case that we didn't have the central midfield for it, but finding two central midfielders who have the range of passing and athleticism required is...very, very, very difficult, even though we might have them in Kashi and JFC. We did have the little and large up front including a target man and a poacher. And that got us nowhere. It's 2017. It's time to move past the flat 4-4-2.
  • agim said:

Two fast tricky wingers

This can be beaten with players that can beat a man or two or by quick, accurate passing and a bit of pace - that creates space. All formations can work with the right personnel. Managers will have ther favourite formations, but at least when they first come to the club, they have to look at formations that suit the players. Given time, they can bring players in that play the way they need for their favoured formations.
  • agim said:

Two fast tricky wingers

This can be beaten with players that can beat a man or two or by quick, accurate passing and a bit of pace - that creates space. All formations can work with the right personnel. Managers will have ther favourite formations, but at least when they first come to the club, they have to look at formations that suit the players. Given time, they can bring players in that play the way they need for their favoured formations.
    And I think we focus too much on Robinson's formation without giving due credit to the fact that he has a system. That is to press high using fit and athletic players, and to get possession and keep possession and build from the back, but to be incisive with it, including using two central midfielders with a good range of passing, quality wingers, overlapping fullbacks, and a good #10 to knit things together. I think the question mark is still the 10, but the rest of that we pretty much have a strong first 11 for (goalkeeper excluded).
  • So rather than rehashing the same points over and over (not that Covered End and others haven't made very valid points) WTF did Robinson say about Charlton?
  • So how long is it before the AFC Wimbledon option becomes a reality. An alternative Charlton that is the real Charlton not the mad experiment that RD and KM are failing with. I sometimes drift into thinking RD has money and if he had an able CEO it would improve. I know this option is not going to happen. RD must know that KM is the major cause of the rejection of the club by many thousands of fans. Yet he does nothing about it, if he cared, had an agenda to develop the club for football purposes he would have removed her ages ago.
    It really is a shame that Charlton " names" e.g. Ex Directors do not speak out more. I have had private conversations with some and their views do not differ from those of us that despair at what RD and KM are doing.
  • SDAddick said:

SDAddick said:

supaclive said:

100% Roland Out

Phillips + GK (1, +1)
    DaSilva and Page (2)
    Solly

This is League One. How big do you think squads can get? I agree there are injury question marks over some players, but every squad has risks. Kashi, if fit, could be the best player in the league. There are always trade offs.

How many would you add?
    Think we need at least a winger and a striker and ideally Reeves as well.

I agree with you that league one squads can't be too big but with Marshall injured we're already light for wingers. I said on another thread the other day that if any 2-3 from Kashi, Holmes, Marshall and Magennis get injured we're fucked, and now 1 of them is already out.