Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Robinson on Talksport tonight (24th) from 7pm

1235»

Comments

• Why are posters on here so quick to criticise and slag off people, we are just another club in tbe 3rd division, that aint Robinsons fault, I detest Roland and his crowd but why not give Robinson a bloody chance, far too much negativity and criticism. Mind you I remember Lawrence and then Curbishley getting stick and those two were over the past 4 decades the stand out managers, SCP did ok as well but only ok.

Not trying to inflame anything but how can a manager who gets 101 points, then takes you to 3 points from the playoffs the following season only get an "OK".

SCP was excellent.
    Not to take anything away from him, his team was excellent and a winning team keeps on winning once it's got that momentum going which is probably the main reason we got 101 points. SCP did an excellent job putting the team together and managing it but let's not forget the massive role the charlton fans also played the season before and again after when his team had that run of not winning right up to the point we went 2-0 down at home to Cardiff and we let it known we were 100% behind him personally and things turned around spectacularly courtesy of JJ doing what he does best when you need a hero.
  • dizzee said:

We need to sign Wilson again. Great squad player to have. and great for the changing room spirit.

Signed for Port Vale last week.
  • seth plum said:

PS.
    We spent a whole lot of time last season worrying about relegation.
    We are certainly not entitled to anything, all resources must be on promotion as many of the players have alluded to, which is why it is a drag that Robinson is now downplaying the much needed recruitment still necessary.

KR said on national radio that we still need 4 players, so I don't see that as downplaying the recruitment need.
  • Sage said:

dizzee said:

We need to sign Wilson again. Great squad player to have. and great for the changing room spirit.

Signed for Port Vale last week.
    That wont concern Katie!!... £250k bid coming up!!
  • edited July 2017
    It is worrying that Robinson states we need 4 new players minimum, yet there are no rumours of any of them and the season starts in 10 days ...
  • vffvff
    edited July 2017

seth plum said:

PS.
    We spent a whole lot of time last season worrying about relegation.
    We are certainly not entitled to anything, all resources must be on promotion as many of the players have alluded to, which is why it is a drag that Robinson is now downplaying the much needed recruitment still necessary.

KR said on national radio that we still need 4 players, so I don't see that as downplaying the recruitment need.
    Marshall knee injury looks like he is out for a while. Real shame for Marshall & Charlton. Hope he can recover well. Maybe worth giving Stewart a chance.

Going into the season 3 to 4 key players short does not sound good, although completely par for the Duchatelet course. Let's hope at least a couple of those key players arrive shortly.
  • dizzee said:

He signed for Port Vale.
  • Charlton star Mark Marshall will be on the sidelines for a long time, says Addicks boss Karl Robinson.

Marshall, 30, injured his knee in Charlton’s pre-season win over Stevenage on Saturday.

The Bradford summer signing left the ground in a knee brace on crutches.

Robinson said: “We’re playing well, but we had a really bad injury on the weekend.

“It’s not good. It’ll be a long one and we’re disappointed about it.

“It happened when he went in for a tackle, it wasn’t the opponent’s fault.”

But his injury will come as a massive blow for the club, who might have to bring in another winger before the transfer window shuts.

Robinson is pleased with his team’s progression in pre-season – but sent a clear message to the Charlton hierarchy.

Speaking on talkSPORT’s kick off show, he added: “My players have been brilliant this summer. We’ve had a number of games in Ireland and England.

“We’re looking fitter and getting better. Hopefully the board are listening, we still need four more players.

“We’ve not got long to go but we still need three or four players in key positions. We’re planning for a very exciting season.

“Our fans have been through turbulence for whatever reasons, but all I care about is making them proud on the pitch.”

http://www.newsshopper.co.uk/sport/15432473.Robinson_gives_worrying_injury_update_on_Charlton_star___and_sends_message_to_Addicks_hierarchy/
  • It is worrying that Robinson states we need 4 new players minimum, yet there are no rumours of any of them and the season starts in 10 days ...

We have Stewart on trial and Martin has, I believe, been training with us again. We've also been linked with Jed Steer on loan and that Rangers right back. Plus Robinson spoke about Ben Reeves after the...Dover match, or maybe it was Welling/Greenwich Borough. Assuming we want one of the two goalkeepers that would make for four.

Also, we're Charlton, not Real Madrid. Just because we aren't linked with anyone in the press doesn't mean we're not pursuing targets. The truth of it is there isn't a tremendous amount of scrutiny on us.
  • Sponsored links:

• DA9 said:

Don't go to games if you don't want to

Go to games if you want to

Protest if you want to

Don't protest if you don't want to

Don't buy merchandise or food & drink at the ground if you don't want to

Buy merchandise and food & drink at the ground if you want to

Can we leave it there now

yep, does it for me
  • DA9 said:

Don't go to games if you don't want to

Go to games if you want to

Protest if you want to

Don't protest if you don't want to

Don't buy merchandise or food & drink at the ground if you don't want to

Buy merchandise and food & drink at the ground if you want to

Can we leave it there now

100% this, the best post on this thread!
  • edited July 2017

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2016–17_Millwall_F.C._season

Looking at their stats, 3 players played 51 times, with 7 more playing more than 40

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2016–17_Charlton_Athletic_F.C._season

We had one player with 51 (Crofts), and just 2 with over 40 (Rudd and Magennis)

That's a massive difference in stability, whether because of injuries, January sales or managerial changes

I also think our team wasn't that well conditioned. You could see in January and February when KR came in the players looked knackered and we started picking up lots of knocks and niggles. The same happened December/January of the year before, and when Riga came in he did two-a-day training sessions to try and improve fitness. If nothing else I think Robinson has amended that this pre-season.
  • SDAddick said:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2016–17_Millwall_F.C._season

Looking at their stats, 3 players played 51 times, with 7 more playing more than 40

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2016–17_Charlton_Athletic_F.C._season

We had one player with 51 (Crofts), and just 2 with over 40 (Rudd and Magennis)

That's a massive difference in stability, whether because of injuries, January sales or managerial changes

I also think our team wasn't that well conditioned. You could see in January and February when KR came in the players looked knackered and we started picking up lots of knocks and niggles. The same happened December/January of the year before, and when Riga came in he did two-a-day training sessions to try and improve fitness. If nothing else I think Robinson has amended that this pre-season.
    Yes, it's not just about the size of your squad, but how fit and resilient they are.
  • edited July 2017

Why are posters on here so quick to criticise and slag off people, we are just another club in tbe 3rd division, that aint Robinsons fault, I detest Roland and his crowd but why not give Robinson a bloody chance, far too much negativity and criticism. Mind you I remember Lawrence and then Curbishley getting stick and those two were over the past 4 decades the stand out managers, SCP did ok as well but only ok.

Not trying to inflame anything but how can a manager who gets 101 points, then takes you to 3 points from the playoffs the following season only get an "OK".

SCP was excellent.
    Not to take anything away from him, his team was excellent and a winning team keeps on winning once it's got that momentum going which is probably the main reason we got 101 points. SCP did an excellent job putting the team together and managing it but let's not forget the massive role the charlton fans also played the season before and again after when his team had that run of not winning right up to the point we went 2-0 down at home to Cardiff and we let it known we were 100% behind him personally and things turned around spectacularly courtesy of JJ doing what he does best when you need a hero.
    Having a hero in charge of the team is a real bonus and something the owner should have had least tried to see where it could take us. Of course, he bought us as part of a crazy experiment and what was going to happen was going to happen to whatever club he bought - there was not going to be an assessment of where we are and how we could best move forward. Look at the qulaity palyers we had at the time and imagine if the owner had brought in three or four that Powell thought we needed. Would have saved Roland a lot of money and we would probably be much, much higher. And he may have been much richer.
  • edited September 2017
    https://t.co/KzAjv7OW6m
    From -1.07 quite a good listen from Robinson and Jacko.
    Yesterday 7/9/17.
  • MrLargo said:

I wonder what he'll say about player signings. Same old same old.

"It's got to be the right kind of player for Charlton"
    "We've had a couple that we've just not been able to get over the line"
    "I'm really disappointed with the way certain clubs and individuals have conducted themselves"
    "I've had a lot of support from the president and CEO"
    "Rather than rashly signing new, better players, sometimes it's better to start the season with a team made up of inexperienced youth teamers with a smattering of past-it has beens"

There'll be a power surge across the country as millions of listeners simultaneously shout "wtf is this scouse tosser talking about?!" and then switch off their radios.
    What do you reckon now?