Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Buying Argyle tickets on-line

Word of warning:

don't press the 'print tickets at home' option.

Although this option was shown as available (or at least it was yesterday)
if you press it then go to your e-mail to print the tickets from your booking confirmation reference number you will get the message
that no booking has been made under that reference.

Evidently, the print at home option should not have been active (presumably it should only be active for home games?).

However, having followed the process for home printing I now have to hope that the club send out the tickets by post (as this option costs £1) as a goodwill measure because of course I didn't pay the extra £1 for postage.

Not really a big deal in the greater scheme of things but if the 'glitch' hasn't been addressed yet then it's perhaps worth knowing about if you are intending to buy Argyle (and other) away tickets on-line.

Comments

• Same happened here, emailed them and they said that the print at home option doesn't work for away matches! No mention on the website which is poor! Being posted now!
  • Might not be seen as a big deal but the system should be checked and tested.

The club should also let people know that they might or might not be running a coach to an away game depending on if they get enough bookings.

Put this stuff up online.
  • The Valley Express tickets also should have been tested before I tried. After 3 days trying to get a response the bug was fixed and I got my ticket.
  • I chose it and they posted it to me for free. USE THIS OPTION.

Quite clearly says you can only use the code for home tickets on the email.
  • Ordered my ticket Tuesday night still waiting for it to turn up
  • I chose it and they posted it to me for free. USE THIS OPTION.

Quite clearly says you can only use the code for home tickets on the email.

Yes, it does indeed but that message only arrives in the confirmation e-mail not at the on-line point of sale which was my point. The print at home option should be disabled for away games (or not appear as an option).

The option to post costs a £1 doesn't it so is the Club effectively saying that if you opt for print at home for an away game they will send by free post? Is this what happened in your case or have I misunderstood again?

With hindsight, I accept that maybe I should have had doubts about going ahead with print at home but it appeared to be a legitimate option on the face of it!

Won't make same mistake again.
  • ok, now seen the reply to this question on the other buying tickets on-line thread.

Did Friend or Defoe just get lucky then?