Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Sunday League - Goalkeeper Needed

I run an adults team in the Orpington and Bromley District Sunday League, and am looking for a new goalkeeper for the season ahead. We have a strong side, and are hoping to challenge for silverware this year, but after last years number 1 retiring, we are severely lacking someone to go between the sticks!

I am hoping the CharltonLife Community can lend a hand and help end my seemingly never ending search! If anyone is a keeper, knows a keeper, or has any tips on where I might find a keeper, I would be hugely grateful.

We play our homes games at Queen Marys Uni West Ground, on Perry Street in Chislehurst, where the pitches are superb. Kicks offs are at 10.30 or 10.45 and we have friendlies every Sunday until the season kicks off in early September.

I am willing to entertain all comers at this stage, anything to spare me the indignity of conceding howlers every week!

Comments

• Or David Martin? All joking aside hope your get your keeper!
  • What happened to the days of adverts in the Mercury, asking for new players?
  • Phillips will be looking for a game

I used to be the school goalkeeper at primary school, hard to believe eh?
  • Phillips will be looking for a game

Behind 2 foot tall you could still play in a school team
  • clb74 said:

Phillips will be looking for a game

Behind 2 foot tall you could still play in a school team
    And they were not 5-a-side goals either.