Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

**Poll of the week: Where will we finish this season?**

edited July 2017 in General Charlton
Right, it's your chance to be @oohaahmortimer and in honour of our percentage guru, we've saved this poll till last. Where are we going to finish?

**Poll of the week: Where will we finish this season?** 400 votes

Champions
7% 31 votes
Automatic promotion
14% 57 votes
Play off winners
5% 23 votes
Play offs
28% 115 votes
7th - 12th
31% 126 votes
13 - 21st
11% 44 votes
Relegation
1% 4 votes

Comments

• Nothing beats the smell of early season optimism in the morning!!
  • I can't see us finishing top 2 but if we sign Reeves no reason why we can't make the playoffs
  • Play off winners - We are long overdue a trip to Wembley
  • We are 2-1 to finish in the top 6 . Not bad odds
  • Top, League Cup Winners, FA Cup Winners and Checkatrade Winners if we continue to play the side we had against Ipswich.
    Any deviations- 13th.

I think going to all 9 friendlies has gone to your head.
  • cabbles said:

I'm putting 7th - 12th because although I'm buoyed by our first XI, this is Roland's Charlton, and I don't trust them to deliver success

That's how I see it as well.
  • I picked playoffs, because I reckon we'll be somewhere between 3rd and 10th, and I don't know whether we'd win the playoffs.

Basically, I wanted to hedge my bets, but there we have it.

Still, I can see an improvement on last season, based particularly on the way we moved the ball around against Ipswich. (Never thought I'd say that!)

Kashi is the key.
  • Voted Champions because I can. [wibble] Oh but Blackburn have Peter Whittingham! [/wibble] Yeah he's old and not actually that great whatever this is a crap league and we're gonna murder it B)
  • Sponsored links:

• cabbles said:

I'm putting 7th - 12th because although I'm buoyed by our first XI, this is Roland's Charlton, and I don't trust them to deliver success

And me

• For some reason I am wary of reading too much into Ipswich performance (although it was pretty bloody good) because we had those early performances under Peeters, especially that Derby County game, and then it all went very wrong.
    Different time now, different division, different players, different manager. However I want to see how we get on for the first half dozen or so games.
    I do believe however that if we can keep these players fit, and sustain the level against Ipswich, hell even improve another 10 or 15 percent, then there would have to be a very good team in this division to better us.
    Another note of caution is the home v away aspect of things. Will we be able to be consistent both on our pitch and the variety of other ones?
    Nice to predict, and brave too, but I am cautious about getting my hopes up just yet.
  • 7th exactly. It's the Charlton way.
  • cabbles said:

Me too
  • Thinking Play-offs this year..wont go as far as to say we win the in the final.
    Wouldn't mind a good Checkatrade trip to Wembley either way though!
  • I have voted play offs - we need a few things to go for us rather than against us though.
  • Voted 7th-12th

Although we put in a decent performance against Ipswich, it was a nothing game and I would not be at all surprised to see us sell off a key player at the last minute and not push any more deals over the line.

I would change my vote if we get Reeves, Mav and Martin over the line and don't get rid of anyone else (barring perhaps some loan moves for players like KAG)
  • Play-off losers. They've learnt very slowly, but they won't invest quite enough in the squad. They also don't have the luck to win the play-offs.
  • We must do better than last season, surely? Our midfield will (or should) be vastly improved with the reemergence of Kashi and a more settled Forster-Caskey. We will probably have one of the best front fours in the division (if not, the best). But why do I still feel doubtful that it will be a successful season? At this stage I wouldn't be surprised with anything between 1st and mid-table.
  • Who are the 4 that have voted Champions?
  • Sponsored links:

• Dazzler21 said:

Who are the 4 that have voted Champions?

Or the 18 that voted top 2! Alas I'm less positive, 7-12. But come on Charlton, rove me wrong.
  • Play off winners
  • Interesting test of psychology. We are talking up promotion - the manager, the players. Will it scare the division or will it prompt them into trying even harder against us? Manure had an undeserved aura about them for years in the Prem - I wonder if we can pull off that trick in League One?
    Aside from that, as most agree we have one of the best squads in the league, certainly in an attacking capacity. So the hype isn't just hype. We should be challenging for the title. We should be aiming for 100 points and 100 goals. Luckily RD / KM can't have as great an influence on the 90 minutes as they do off the pitch. So turn hype into reality, add the aura we're trying to build through PR and this could work...
  • It's blind optimism / faith but I think we'll do well this year. Have plumped for a play-off win. However, that doesn't mean my stance against the regime is softening #BoycottContinues until we get to Wembley
  • Nah, if you boycott a successful season I reckon you ought to boycott a playoff final that follows it as well
  • Leuth said:

Nah, if you boycott a successful season I reckon you ought to boycott a playoff final that follows it as well

Nope. Boycott paying money to the septuagenarian shit4brains all season is fine but he'll get virtually nothing from your ticket money for a PO final. Who'd pass up the chance to follow Charlton to Wembley, again? If the preposterous plutocrat is still in situ come May, Wembley would provide the grandest stage for the biggest R0l@nd Out protest yet. Entirely hypothetical of course cos this tissue thin squad will do well to better 20th, 6th is the rosey tintedmost pipedream.
  • Still think we need another striker. We do seem to have quite a few players prone to an injury. If we can keep everyone relatively fit we'll do OK otherwise I can see another mid table slog
  • Play offs was my vote
  • 13th to 21st. Based on the 'previous' form of our owners. Hope I am wrong.
  • Rob7Lee said:

Dazzler21 said:

Who are the 4 that have voted Champions?

Or the 18 that voted top 2! Alas I'm less positive, 7-12. But come on Charlton, prove me wrong.
    I'm one of those who voted Top 2.

But I'm also the sort of person who's constantly being disappointed.