Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

ITK or source

I am admitting to the World....well Charlton Life, that I don't know anybody or have access to anybody that knows somebody that "knows" stuff. Sometimes I think that is the real 2%.

Comments

• I am not ITK but I have a source.
  • dickplumb said:

I am not ITK but I have a source.

But are they ITK or do they in turn have a source?
  • You don't actually need to be in the know, just employ the following words or phrases:

- Hearing whispers
    - xxxxx won't/will be happening
    - Heard about this a couple of days ago
    - Met a cabbie
    - Been doing the rounds

Or

Change your name to Colin.

Job done.

Or just repost posts from other forums/sites as if nobody had already done them.
  • cfgs said:

dickplumb said:

I am not ITK but I have a source.

But are they ITK or do they in turn have a source?
    They have a source which makes them ITK.
  • My best mate is good friends with 3 footballers, two of which have been linked with us this summer. I wouldn't consider that ITK though as I never ask him to get info out of them. I've met them quite a few times and try not to bring up football.
  • My company used to have a contract at the Valley and I got to know some members of staff very well. I have posted a couple of bits of transfer news on here long before it was "on the OS" and they all came off.

Some people are ITK and some like to think they are.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited August 2017
    I used to ask Steve Avory things but he never let anything confidential slip.

A Palarse supporting mate however, seems to be right 50% of the time on loads of Charlton stuff... Some I haven't even seen on here.
  • I don't know anyone. I don't mean at Charlton, I just mean in general.
  • I just wait until things actually happen then say things like "he did sign in the end, I wasn't sure if it was going to happen as I heard about it months ago"
  • Dazzler21 said:

Ask him if he's still got the green addidas track suit he used to wear every day when he was my games teacher.
  • Dazzler21 said:

Ask him if he's still got the green addidas track suit he used to wear every day when he was my games teacher.
    Ha ha ha, Only reason I met him was he was my P.E Teacher, he got me into playing football in year 7!
  • I have only once been ITK. I met a bloke in the West Stand Car Park who turned out to be John Sullivan's dad and he told me his son was signing. All things considered not the greatest of scoops. But when I posted it on here I did say who my source was.
  • cafcfan said:

I have only once been ITK. I met a bloke in the West Stand Car Park who turned out to be John Sullivan's dad and he told me his son was signing. All things considered not the greatest of scoops. But when I posted it on here I did say who my source was.

Why can't you stalk Reeves's dad and come back with some information.

;-)
  • My only real source is on the books at Chelsea. Even then, he's not really a "source" - players won't know much about transfers/wages etc unless it's one of their good mates.

I knew about Dasilva a little while before it happened, but that was due to a little bit of luck.

I don't get any insights into stuff like transfers or contracts usually, but more what certain people are like; dressing room dynamics and how they can form; how players try to think about the game; that sort of thing. My friend happens to be very articulate on such matters, and it's always interesting to speak to him.

On occasion there's the odd nugget (Dasilva), but other than that, nothing of rumour mill use - just very interesting insights into the day to day of professionals.
  • Rule number 1. If you are going to bullshit, do it with complete conviction.
  • My best mate is good friends with 3 footballers, two of which have been linked with us this summer. I wouldn't consider that ITK though as I never ask him to get info out of them. I've met them quite a few times and try not to bring up football.

I should probably mention one of the players is Reeves :lol: I haven't bothered trying to get any info though. He kicked my arse at tennis once :disappointed:
  • Sponsored links:

• THD was a friend of a friend. Used to get my mate to text him for any tip offs. Didn't get much. Knew him and a couple of others were leaving before it happened but nothing that wasn't obvious and widely rumoured, didn't post it on here. He did tell me a few things about players views on the Pinocchio joke but I'm not supposed to say anything about that...
  • Know someone who told me at the very beginning of January that Nathan Byrne was very likely to be signing before any press got hold of it, and well before he did sign. The same person is the one who said that the Reeves deal was close at the very beginning of July, which I posted on here due to their previous reliability, which turned out to be not entirely true as Reeves went away to assess his options. Instead a month later, now we can say that the Reeves deal really is close. There is of course nothing to say that the deal was not close a month ago but Reeves just wanted a bit more time to see what the other offers were (a move to La Liga has to be looked at).
  • Rule number 1. If you are going to bullshit, do it with complete conviction.

A thing I have often wondered is, when does bullshitting become lying? Or is it one of the same?
  • THD was a friend of a friend. Used to get my mate to text him for any tip offs. Didn't get much. Knew him and a couple of others were leaving before it happened but nothing that wasn't obvious and widely rumoured, didn't post it on here. He did tell me a few things about players views on the Pinocchio joke but I'm not supposed to say anything about that...

Inbox me please, I can keep a secret.
  • I would love to know either Solly or Jackson.

F*** gossip, I bet they could tell us things that would make you either die with laughter or explode with anger.