Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Exeter (A) No coaches

Comments

• T.C.E said:

I'll have to look at Megabus but it's getting back as I don't think I can afford an overnight stay.

Book yourself in a travel lodge or equivalent and send me the bill.
    Send the bar bill to someone else. ;)
  • Club could have a made a good bit of PR out of this.

Run the coach at a loss cos we love the loyal fans, get behind Robbo and the boys, maybe even got a sponsor.

Opportunity missed

This
    Would be good publicity for the club.
    Even get Kat out in the carpark driving the coach, advertising the trip "Look, we are turning the corner"
  • It simple - insufficient interest. The players have been told to drive down themselves and bring their kit.

Didn't a club do that a few years ago and tell their players to get to an away game under their own steam? Sure it was at Orient.

There was a problem on the tube and they arrived late.
  • shirty5 said:

The club had no problem running free coaches to certain away games last season.

Or was that just to go up against the Supporters Trust Coaches?

That would require them to have a plan. So no.
  • T.C.E said:

I'll have to look at Megabus but it's getting back as I don't think I can afford an overnight stay.

Book yourself in a travel lodge or equivalent and send me the bill.
    Fantastic gesture.
  • edited August 2017
    No what the club should do is say we we've emade a mistake those booked on the coach are now going free and the match ticket is free as well.
    Us supporters are the club they spend millions on wages a year so on this occasion put on a free coach
  • There would be so many conspiracy theories if the club offered that.
  • Sponsored links:

• It does seem a really odd one this, first away of the season, no coach as they can't fill it......... as has been mentioned, free coaches were provided more than once (and a breakfast roll!) last season so it can't simply be about not breaking even or running a profit on this one trip.

DJ Coaches do everything from 19, 29, 53 and 85 seats. Is it possible literally only 2 or 3 people booked on?

As I say, just seems very odd to me unless literally there was no interest (or sub 5 people). Even if only just into double figures could easily have booked the 19 seater.

has anyone spoken tot he club for further info?
  • Rob7Lee said:

It does seem a really odd one this, first away of the season, no coach as they can't fill it......... as has been mentioned, free coaches were provided more than once (and a breakfast roll!) last season so it can't simply be about not breaking even or running a profit on this one trip.

DJ Coaches do everything from 19, 29, 53 and 85 seats. Is it possible literally only 2 or 3 people booked on?

As I say, just seems very odd to me unless literally there was no interest (or sub 5 people). Even if only just into double figures could easily have booked the 19 seater.

Rob even if there's only 4 or 5 though get someone to drive them down there
  • I imagine the numbers will be low - first round league cup, summer holidays etc etc, plus a few people may want to go down for both the Exeter and Plymouth matches and made a holiday of it

But it's no excuse to cancel at this stage, when the cost to the club is minimal
  • clb74 said:

No what the club should do is say we we've emade a mistake those booked on the coach are now going free and the match ticket is free as well.
    Us supporters are the club they spend millions on wages a year so on this occasion pay on a free coach

Why should we pay on a coach that is free?!
  • clb74 said:

Us supporters are the club they spend millions on wages a year so on this occasion pay on a free coach

Sorry little legs should of been put on a free coach
  • clb74 said:

clb74 said:

Sorry little legs should of been put on a free coach
    Flag removed for earlier post.
  • edited August 2017
    Rob7Lee said:

It does seem a really odd one this, first away of the season, no coach as they can't fill it......... as has been mentioned, free coaches were provided more than once (and a breakfast roll!) last season so it can't simply be about not breaking even or running a profit on this one trip.

It doesn't really matter how many bookings they have, because that is partly a consequence of their wait and see approach. It is pretty inconceivable you wouldn't get half a coachload at this time of year - probably nearer 40 - but the club makes it as difficult as possible for itself by not committing to run it from the beginning. Given the sums involved it's a very odd way for a professional club to behave.
  • @Airman Brown what would that coach cost to put in place? (ball park figure)

• T.C.E said:

@Airman Brown what would that coach cost to put in place? (ball park figure)

A grand tops, maybe a bit less. Charlton may have a deal with the coach company that costs them more to hire out in return for "sponsorship".
  • Sponsored links:

• When it's on the OS.....
  • clive said:

National Express? they sometime have fares for a quid.

Megabus, bus or megabus train.

Megabus £14.00 return,plus booking fee.
    Dep Victoria coach Station 12.00 arrive Exeter 16.50
    Dep Exeter 02.15 arrive Victoria 07.25.

Allows plenty of time for extra time & penalties.
    I'd be begging for that if getting that bloody coach.
  • Megabus £14.00 return,plus booking fee.

Oh bloody hell...4 hrs in Exeter bus station :open_mouth:
  • edited August 2017
    I live in Clevedon now,

If anyone wants to go and they can get a cheap Megabus/National express down to Bristol, I can help out from down this way, I've got 4 seats spare in the car might be a little tight though

Just let me know here or via PM

Can do the train for £60 with f+f railcard leaves Exeter at 1am

If you do the coach I'll give you the £14 for being a f@cking nutter
  • clb74 said:

Megabus £14.00 return,plus booking fee.

If you do the coach I'll give you the £14 for being a f@cking nutter
    If I was on my own I might do that,but as my 14yr old is with me,it's a no-no :)
  • Social services would pick you up I should think