Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Exeter (A) No coaches

Comments

• clb74 said:

Social services would pick you up I should think

Wtf!
  • clb74 said:

Wtf!
    Flag,Flag :)
  • clb74 said:

Wtf!
    Little legs I shouldn't think there are many 52 year old men walkin round Exeter with a 14 year old at 1.30am
  • clb74 said:

clb74 said:

Wtf!
    Little legs I shouldn't think there are many 52 year old men walkin round Exeter with a 14 year old at 1.30am
    Ffs!
  • Oi I'm 51 you cheeky git!
  • If there is that few going they should put them on the team bus - what a great story that would make.

In fact, I am sure I remember aTV program where Charlton sending someone to a small club to help with their finances and suggested that club sell seats on the team bus at a premium to make money, so not an outrageous idea.
  • Redrobo said:

If there is that few going they should put them on the team bus - what a great story that would make.

In fact, I am sure I remember aTV program where Charlton sending someone to a small club to help with their finances and suggested that club sell seats on the team bus at a premium to make money, so not an outrageous idea.

That would have been Plymouth, I think. (Now pretty much the same size club as us.) :-(
  • Pathetic

How are you and cabbles getting down there 31
    Are you staying down for the Plymouth game
  • Sponsored links:

You don't look it mate....................

It's the same for me elfs I've aged since met you.
    And look at poor old blackpool
  • I was going to both games but decided against this game because of the cost of tickets. My son and I just going to the Plymouth game and staying in a hotel instead of a tent. Win win for me!
  • clb74 said:

Oi I'm 51 you cheeky git!

It's the same for me elfs I've aged since met you.
    And look at poor old blackpool
    I'd rather not!
  • You lot are turning into the new clique
  • clb74 said:

Pathetic

Never was going to this game due to family holiday but I'm annoyed for the Les Turner's of this world who travel by coach all the time and will now have to seek alternative transport.
    When Ricky Holmes signed his new three year deal, KR commented ' We talk like a big club, so we have to act like it and this is a statement of intent'. Well clearly, it doesn't apply to this situation.
    Throughout the course of this season which potentially could be very successful, you will have over-subscribed coach travel so it would be decent of the club to ride the rough with the smooth. As @Rob7Lee commented, DJ coaches have smaller vehicles to accommodate the smaller uptake.

• clb74 said:

Pathetic

Never was going to this game due to family holiday but I'm annoyed for the Les Turner's of this world who travel by coach all the time and will now have to seek alternative transport.
    When Ricky Holmes signed his new three year deal, KR commented ' We talk like a big club, so we have to act like it and this is a statement of intent'. Well clearly, it doesn't apply to this situation.
    Throughout the course of this season which potentially could be very successful, you will have over-subscribed coach travel so it would be decent of the club to ride the rough with the smooth. As @Rob7Lee commented, DJ coaches have smaller vehicles to accommodate the smaller uptake.

We had a coach for Oldham away last season in the middle of February. Knowing the regulars on the coach I think they probably would've got a number that wanted to do this, albeit half full maybe.

Regardless, they should be putting the coach on, because some people rely on it.

In addition, what are the chances of getting a train back that time of night? I haven't looked but is there anything leaving Exeter past 9.30???

That's a long train journey as well.

Agree with @Rob7Lee - Just run a mini bus or whatever
  • iaitch said:

It simple - insufficient interest. The players have been told to drive down themselves and bring their kit.

Didn't a club do that a few years ago and tell their players to get to an away game under their own steam? Sure it was at Orient.

There was a problem on the tube and they arrived late.
    Gillingham, I was at the match with a mate who's a Gills supporter, it was an absolute farce.
  • I have been falling out of love with this club for a few seasons now.Last season was the first time since 1986/7 that I didn't buy a season ticket.

I've not bothered this season,my Exeter tickets will be going back Saturday morning.

The two things I'd like to know are how many people actually expressed an interest in coach travel on Tuesday and who took the decision to not bother ordering coaches.I wonder if it's possible to find out.

• shirty5 said:

Anyone remember when no travel has been organised by the club or the old supporters club?

Did a coach run to Colchester last season in the Football Trophy?

Yes, and we took matters into our own hands, starting with a coach to Bristol City. Late 60's.
  • Sponsored links:

• The reasoning for not running a coach is probably acceptable to most.
    The timing certainly isn't.
    This fixture was never gonna see a mass exodus of south east London. They should've gauged interest with a cut off of a fortnight before the game and then made a decision.
    If I were you I'd play out your enquiries publicly using something like the clubs official twitter account.
  • I'm still struggling to undrstand this one, hold fire on your cancelling tickets I'm going to speak to the club.
  • I was fully aware it wouldn't be a well attended game,I bought the tickets on the day they were released.I tried to book the coach at the same time but was told the club would ring me when they had arranged the coaches.They rang me yesterday to say no coaches.
  • I rang the club and spoke to the manager Lewis

Ticket office girl didn't have a clue and told me we've sold 1,500 which is obviously not true

25 people had booked on the coach, they need at least 35

They can't use a smaller coach because it requires toilet facilities

Also agreed price of tickets was ridiculous..

Didn't know the person who agreed the price with Exeter

Don't sound like our club with in its staff communicates very well, let alone with its fans

Not pointing finger at anyone specific but from top to bottom it's a discrace

bullshit, I hired a 35 seater for our Ypres trip and it had a toilet

Ticket office girl didn't have a clue and told me we've sold 1,500 which is obviously not true

Don't sound like our club with in its staff communicates very well, let alone with its fans

So how much of a loss would they have made only being 10 people short of the total required? £250-£300..what utter bullshit.

• The reasoning for not running a coach is probably acceptable to most.
    The timing certainly isn't.
    This fixture was never gonna see a mass exodus of south east London. They should've gauged interest with a cut off of a fortnight before the game and then made a decision.
    If I were you I'd play out your enquiries publicly using something like the clubs official twitter account.

The club advertised that coaches were being run, they are wrong.

I disagree with the bottom line, I would like to know THE person who made this decision.

It's a discrace!
  • It's odd that they seem to be running coach travel on a match to match basis, surely it would be a season long approach and provided it breaks even or makes a small loss then there's no problem ?

We aren't running a coach company where certain coach routes losing money would be an issue, we're running a football club where the objective is to get as many of our fans to the match as possible.