Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Football Bans League Table

In case anyoine missed the article in this weeks Economist, the top ten teams for football banning orders are:

Leeds United 119
Cardiff City 116
Millwall 112
Stoke City 102
Portsmouth 97
Coventry City 90
Manchester United 88
Sheffield Wednesday 86
Chelsea 83
Aston Villa 81

Any surprises there?

Aparently there are around 3000 football banning orders in place

Comments

• Aston Villa 81

Surprised me. Never had a bad day there.
  • Always been okay at Pompey and Wednesday.
    Suprised no Wolves.
  • Surprised no Birmingham fans?
  • None are a shock while we might have good days there, we dont see what happens week in and week out
  • Shocked the Yeovil Ultra's are not top of that list ;-)
  • [quote][cite]Posted By: BlackForestReds[/cite]Surprised no Birmingham fans?[/quote]
    That's what I was thinking.

Also no West Ham!
  • I read somewhere recently that there are thousands of football fans who have had travel restrictions imposed on them - but only something like 2 paedophiles who have had to give up passports, etc.

If that's true it's a truly shocking state of affairs imho.
  • Surprised at Coventry. Never had them down as that bad.
    Also i wonder how many of the 81 Villa fans got arrested during their games with Birmingham.
  • edited August 2008
    coventry are like wolves snidey liitle mugs try and do you in the little underpasses from the station. Man U can;t be right they must have more than that
  • Had many a run-in in Coventry, your right about the underpass thing ledge.
  • Sponsored links:

• Your right Off it
  • [cite]Posted By: Off_it[/cite]I read somewhere recently that there are thousands of football fans who have had travel restrictions imposed on them - but only something like 2 paedophiles who have had to give up passports, etc.

If that's true it's a truly shocking state of affairs imho.

I know a few at Charlton who are not allowed within 4 miles on matchdays, not defending their actions to earn such a restriction but in comparison it is over the top.
  • No surprises in the top 4 at all....Bit surprised at Pompey though, thought they had all retired. Coventry still have a few active faces, but Im a bit surprised they are top ten all the same.
  • edited August 2008
    Nowadays, there only has to be one major incident caught on camera, and the whole lot can be herded up via Facebook etc within a couple of hours.

One of the easiest things in the world to police now, depending on if the relevent police force and club involved are keen to stamp out.

Actually surprised its not more for a couple of them...
  • Good point Dan....what with Video camera units...(did you see them at Brighton?) and cctv...its now become a very easy nick indeed
  • toothless tiger though

if you break one, you get a fine at the very most

waste of everyone's time imo
  • The article also said that foreign governments including Brazil (for 2014 world cup) are coming to the UK to seek advice on how to handle football hooliganism (South Africa 2010, Ukraine and Poland 2012 too).

Arrests are down in the UK from 4227 in 1993/4 to 2,833 in 2006/7 while attendances increased 37% over the same period.

Aparently 40% of matches are now police free relying on stewards only.
  • Would have thought Burnley would have been in there.
  • No Geordies or Macams surprises me
  • Come on you Spanners....with just a tad more effort over the next couple of weeks or so you can go top!
  • Sponsored links:

• And for those of you who aren't Economist subscribers... here it is from the horse's mouth.