Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Eddie Youds

CHGCHG
edited August 2008 in General Charlton
Had a drunken conversation with Eddie the other day, top bloke, loved his time with The Addicks, might be top two favourite ex players! Anyone else love this guy?

Comments

• He's part of the woodwork in just about all the boozers in and around Blackheath.
    Just go on a pub crawl in the village and you'll come across him sooner or later.....quite a character is our Eddie!
  • CHGCHG
    edited August 2008
    yeah, that is where he was, loves his ale that boy.
  • Have seen him in The Crown several times.

My favorite memory of Eddie was him throwing up on the pitch during the warm up at Portsmouth. Think it was the play-offs season. Won 2-0.

Bumped into him in a pub in Greenwich (Auctioneer) sometime later and drunklenly questioned him about said incident. He drunkenly denied the incident had anything to do with the ale.....he signed off the conversation with a sly grin that said it all. Top man and always willing to chat if you see him in the pub.
  • one of those players that made the most of his "talent" always gave his all and was a nasty b to boot as well.

Oh e d d i e youds
  • I liked it in the playoff year when we beat Forest twice at home within a few weeks and he thumped PVH.
  • Yes, top man and very steady player. Does anyone else remember his goal away at Forest ? A shot on the turn from about thirty five yards. :)
  • I remember him getting badly hurt up at Huddersfield in our play off winning season. As he was being carried off on a stretcher the home supporters were giving him dogs abuse & spitting at him. All because he had previously played for Bradford City. Made our 2-1 win that day even more sweet.
  • Oh eddie youds,
    eddie, eddie, eddie youds
  • I have some really fond memories of the play off winning season, Youds sticks out as a stand out player for me during it. I was at that game at Fratton Park match, he had a blinder, didnt he score?
  • Him and Mills made the difference in the play off year and was one of Curbs best ever signings.
  • Sponsored links:

• The complete defender, organiser and leader ...... got a bit found out for lack of pace in the Prem, but whole hearted and the sort of a player that every team needs.

Signing Youds & Mills was a Curbs' master stroke at the point in that season.
  • And also dropping Chapple and Balmer to let Rufus back in and Youds. Throw Mills into it things too and a totally fresh defence that was tighter than a ducks arse for the run in. Curbs was freshest and at his best then
  • P'raps, especially getting 8 wins on the spin and a nought-nought in our final game.
    Nine matches without conceding a goal - that was some defence!

Sasha, Mills, Rufus, Youds, Bowen

Bowen, despite his age, just oozed quality on the ball, his runs and reading of the game.
  • [quote][cite]Posted By: Red_Pete[/cite]I remember him getting badly hurt up at Huddersfield in our play off winning season. As he was being carried off on a stretcher the home supporters were giving him dogs abuse & spitting at him. All because he had previously played for Bradford City. Made our 2-1 win that day even more sweet.[/quote]

That was in the Championship season between Christmas and the New Year, in the game when Robbo scored with an absolute blinder. We won 2-1 and it was also the second in our long winning run that ended with a Deano inspired one nil home defeat to rock bottom Swindon. The first game was a Boxing Day victory over palARSE at the Valley. Funny thing is even after their treatment of Youds we showed them how it should be done when one of theirs was also stretchered off.
  • I remember him getting badly hurt up at Huddersfield in our play off winning season

If I remember correctly that was something like the 7th minute of injury time in the first half. If the referee hadn't played a ridiculous amount of injury time maybe he wouldn't have gotten injured...

Anyway he was a proper old-school central defender who didn't hesitate to go in where it hurts, invariably opponents came out the challenges worse off.
  • i remember him crunching dennis bergkamp down at the valley in our relegation season. Wnger went ape sh!t
  • With Rufus along side him one of the best defences we have ever had.
  • My old man spoke to him in a Blackheath pub once and asked him when he'd be back from injury and if he was frustrated that he couldnt play, to which he replied. "Im in no rush. Im being paid £3k p/w to sit in the boozer".....Went down hill in my eyes from that day.
  • It is quite strange the mentality of the average football supporter.

A player happy to consistently knock it back in back street boozers is classed as a top geezer, one of lads etc, yet one who may not be drink but gets pictured occassionaly coming out of nightclubs with a model on his arm is classed as an undedicated t*sspot.

:-)
  • It helps if supporters see that you have tried on the pitch - it is then considered to be a well earnt pint.

However, then you have Mr M Bent .................
  • Sponsored links:

• [quote][cite]Posted By: charlton_carl[/cite]i remember him crunching dennis bergkamp down at the valley in our relegation season. Wnger went ape sh!t[/quote]

The last time that Bergkamp flew. Put him off flying after that tackle.
  • [cite]Posted By: shirty5[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: charlton_carl[/cite]i remember him crunching dennis bergkamp down at the valley in our relegation season. Wnger went ape sh!t

The last time that Bergkamp flew. Put him off flying after that tackle.

Think he "studded" him down the back of the leg and he had to go off, shame./
  • posh spice is a slapper her head is in the clouds

and when she takes it up the arse

she dreams of Eddie Youds

oh Eddie Youds Eddie eddie eddie youds

eddie eddie eddie youds

my favorite verse of all
  • I was at that game at Huddersfield (a drunk Santa) when he got injured and at the time i didn't think it looked like much and it just showed how quick a career can finish. Met him on a few occasions and he's a really nice bloke.