Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

**COUNTDOWN TO PROMOTION 17/18**

I think it's on. Had this feeling with Powell, and I can feel it this year.

Comments

• Ye shall see
  • really?
  • Chizz said:

He's no Chris Powell.

agree.

one game is too early to tell

will you feel the same once Konsa and Kashi are sold?

• Chizz said:

He's no Chris Powell.

agree.

one game is too early to tell

will you feel the same once Konsa and Kashi are sold?

Yes
  • We did what we needed to do and got 3 points against an average league 1 side all be it they had an extra man. Let's not get too carried away.

That said it was a real gutsy performance, but I feel we are still at least 3-4 players away from being able to consistently sit at or near the top of the table for months on end, at least top 6 anyway.

September will be a tough month with 7 league games against Oldham, Southend, Wigan, Gillingham, Bury, Walsall and Fleetwood. Less than 15 points and that won't be title winning.

Fingers crossed heh......
  • Fascinated to see if and when this thread gets abandoned. I reckon early April.
  • Uboat said:

Fascinated to see if and when this thread gets abandoned. I reckon early April.

My money's on end of October.
  • Sponsored links:

• Uboat said:

5 o'clock this Saturday

• edited August 2017
    We have had false dawns before, so I'm just taking it each game at a time for at least a couple of months. Having said that, when I've got sucked in before only to be let down, we had lots of untried foreign players. Now we have players that we know can perform in this league (Holmes, Magennis, Marshall, Reeves, KASHI!!!!, etc.). I think not seriously challenging for automatic promotion would be a complete and utter failure for this set of players. But, again, I'm not getting carried away although I'm absolutely buzzing after Saturday.
  • Only problem I can see is upfront. But it would be madness not to resolve this having done all the work in other areas of the pitch.
  • Uboat said:

I'll be on this thread in April giving it "we are going up"
  • This isn't the countdown thread I was looking for.
  • No remove this thread.
  • edited August 2017
  • MrLargo said:

Uboat said:

End of January transfer window, when the squad isn't strengthened but possibly weakened by players being sold.
  • MrLargo said:

Uboat said:

End of January transfer window, when the squad isn't strengthened but possibly weakened by players being sold.
    All so negative.
  • Had £20 at 12s for auto.
  • Sponsored links:

• Golfie Jnr has been saying we're going up since the start of July.......and is now even more certain.
  • It's happening...
  • Well any slim chance we did have is now down the drain since this thread was started!
  • We'll be promoted at Rochdale
  • We'll be promoted at Rochdale

5 games to go, that's optimistic :wink:
  • I think it's on. Had this feeling with Powell, and I can feel it this year.

It must happen if the season is deemed to be a successful one
  • Rob7Lee said:

We'll be promoted at Rochdale

Believe
  • Well any slim chance we did have is now down the drain since this thread was started!

Sorry
  • edited August 2017

Rob7Lee said:

We'll be promoted at Rochdale

Believe
    I've everything crossed as my £2.50 acca on Chelsea, Middlesborough, Charlton and Luton.... I know, I know, a fool and his money but at about 1800-1 it was worth £2.50! (I did each way so anywhere in the top 4 will do)

Rob7Lee said:

We did what we needed to do and got 3 points against an average league 1 side all be it they had an extra man. Let's not get too carried away.

That said it was a real gutsy performance, but I feel we are still at least 3-4 players away from being able to consistently sit at or near the top of the table for months on end, at least top 6 anyway.

September will be a tough month with 7 league games against Oldham, Southend, Wigan, Gillingham, Bury, Walsall and Fleetwood. Less than 15 points and that won't be title winning.

Fingers crossed heh......

Daunting. How will we cope?
    We probably won't..... Gillingham and Bury at home should be 6 points banked, no Ajose so I can see Walsall away being a banana skin and I might give it a miss this year after my brush with the west midlands police :wink: , if Novak's not banned we'll need him to rescue a last minute point at Fleetwood and someone other than Billericay's own Kevin Nolan to lay it on for him, didn't Ajose bang in the penalty at Gillingham for a 1-0 and an own goal from Southend to gives us the 3 points in April. We only managed a draw at home to Oldham last year.......

You joke but I can see August being a good month and September being rather baron on the goals and points front!