Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Naby Sarr - gone to Reading, scored the winner against Millwall at the Den (p13)

Comments

• Every time I've seen him play he makes at least two big mistakes. He isn't good enough
  • We all have players who we never warm to, often for non football irrational reasons. Always have, always will. And then there are those who are simply not up to the mark. Sadly suspect he is in the latter class.
  • If someone could teach him about positioning and tackling he'd be a good asset with his size. But I don't think we have the coaches or the players for him to learn off of.
  • The problem with Sarr and the reason he is often discussed in this way is that he is consistently inconsistent. I find him difficult to watch because I just don't know what kind of display he is going to put in, and even when he is doing quite well, I always get the feeling that a cock up isn't far away. Thing is, when he does have a good game, it looks like he has a lot of potential. The problem is, he doesn't have enough of those games. That may change as he matures, but the question is, should we have a player in the side that can gift goals to the opposition so cheaply at times?
  • He reminds of Miguel Llera in that he has all the physical attributes and even some technical ones, but on the whole, his ability just screams 'donkey'
  • The problem with Sarr and the reason he is often discussed in this way is that he is consistently inconsistent. I find him difficult to watch because I just don't know what kind of display he is going to put in, and even when he is doing quite well, I always get the feeling that a cock up isn't far away. Thing is, when he does have a good game, it looks like he has a lot of potential. The problem is, he doesn't have enough of those games. That may change as he matures, but the question is, should we have a player in the side that can gift goals to the opposition so cheaply at times?

Thought the same of Mark Fish sometimes - some very good displays, some average.....and some howlers.
  • He's got a first touch like Peter Sutcliffe's hammer , has no pace , can't head the ball and no footballing brain.
  • Not seen him as much as others, but from the short video of Saturday's game he seems so slow in turning, as picked up by the Essex radio commentators
  • Nabby Sarr is unfortunately a slow Donkey.
  • Sponsored links:

• buckshee said:

He's got a first touch like Peter Sutcliffe's hammer , has no pace , can't head the ball and no footballing brain.

Probably no brain. How many fookin times can you get caught the wrong side of the defender ?

Even a bottom League 1 team, made absolute mince meat out of him.

He's non-league standard.
  • cafctom said:

He reminds of Miguel Llera in that he has all the physical attributes and even some technical ones, but on the whole, his ability just screams 'donkey'

I thought Llera was better than Sarr, going forward at any rate, at least he had been in England for a year when we signed him, so was more accustomed to English football
  • Sarr looks like he's going to rank alongside Doherty and Llera amongst recent centre backs that are shocking to watch. I actually think Sarr might outdo Llera.
    Roger Johnson alongside Sarr might rank alongside the Doherty-Llera combination.
  • I said on Saturday that he's worse than Gary Doherty.
  • I said on Saturday that he's worse than Gary Doherty.

Praise indeed!
  • Nabby Sarr - I've seen quicker snails.
  • Always forget that he is still on our books so had a look on how he is getting on in France....

He's played 5 minutes since November.

Will he be the next contract termination in the summer?
  • As I understand things you cant unilaterally 'terminate' a contract you have make an agreement. As it was reported by press that Sarr cost £1.5 to £1.8 million his salary will be commensurate.

Whichever way you look at it he is a hugely expensive mistake to cafc.
  • The best thing we can hope for is the takeover is completed after the Transfer Window opens.

Roland can then bugger off and if he thinks the likes of Ceballos | Sarr etc. were good deals then he can give them permanently to STVV!!
  • I remember someone came on here a few weeks before we signed him and said we were looking to buy this bloke called Nabby Sarr - now whoever that was was clearly ITK.
    Every time i saw him i thought there was a mistake coming. I remember watching him away at Bristol City and thinking this guy is shit.
  • Sponsored links:

• yeah - one tackle.
    thanks Narby.
  • Scoham said:
    Looked very good on the highlights, had two or three crucial interceptions. Still think there's a real player in there.
  • yeah - one tackle.
    thanks Narby.

Yeah but when you make 27 interceptions and 10 headers you don't need to make as many tackles because the opposition can't get the ball around you.
  • The Naby Sarr propaganda needs to stop.
  • se9addick said:

The Naby Sarr propaganda needs to stop.