Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Arsenal v Leicester

1-1 inside five minutes...

Lacazette for Arsenal, Okazaki for Leicester.

Comments

• Blimey. Better fire up the tv.
    However much I dislike certain aspects of the premier league, I can't help but be excited for its return.
  • Preferred Highbury but then I'm of a certain age. Hopefully a goal festival .
  • 2-1 to Leicester.
  • 2-2 just before half time.
  • That tippy tappy nonsense actually paid off for them.
  • 3-2 Leicester
  • Arsenal have started their slump early this year.
    Three conceded at home within an hour.
  • Arsenal tonight do seem to give the ball away an awful lot.
  • Haven't won the first game of season for years now wenger under pressure early on at this rate
  • I see they're still persisting with zonal marking at corners. If it's broke, fix it ffs.

On second thoughts I'm not really that fussed if the Woolwich rejects want to crack on with it :smirk: .
  • Sponsored links:

• Arsenal tonight do seem to give the ball away an awful lot.

Agree. It's like they know how they're supposed to play, but have never met each other before.
  • Haven't won the first game of season for years now wenger under pressure early on at this rate

Once since 2010 and quite a few of those were at home too.
  • Nothing more enjoyable than watching Arsenal lose
  • I think a lot of modern football comes down to mental strength and confidence.

The media soap operas must translate to the players because it is so incessant and they must lack confidence in Wenger even if only on a sub conscious level.

Whereas a Ferguson had the opposite reputation and his teams would always seem to come back and win and it became a self fulfilling prophecy. Same as with Arsenal now, the nerves and the self doubt creep in a bit like England in pressure games because it is what has become expected.

New managers get a bounce like Conte as their reputation preceeds them and they bring an instant air of confidence and self believe. Give a few draws against Burnley and Southampton and the press will get on his back and the players will start to doubt and then it will be "lost the dressing room scenario" as with what happened with Mourinhion.

That or the fact he just buys bottle jobs.
  • Leicester's performance masterminded by one man...

• Nothing more enjoyable than watching Arsenal lose

Apart from watching palarce and millwank lose.
  • 3-3, Ramsey.
  • Good to see Matty James playing again after a massive layoff. Hamer on the bench...
  • 4-3, Giroud.
  • Drama!
  • Sponsored links:

• Hopefully every premier league game this season will be a seven goal thriller.
  • Can't say i have your enthusiasm about it, which i will admit is a shame, but that's
    what the branding of premiership has done.
  • What a great game of football.
  • Quite a score.
  • Don't know why Giroud doesn't play more
  • Giroud is so underrated... in any other circumstance he should be asking Wenger why he's not playing but both Lacazette and Welbeck scored today.
  • edited August 2017
    Good game, shame about the result. Think it's going to be a similar season to the last bunch for arsenal. That defence is still not good enough.
  • Uboat said:

Hopefully every premier league game this season will be a seven goal thriller.

Not sure about West Brom v Stoke.
  • Macronate said:

Uboat said:

Hopefully every premier league game this season will be a seven goal thriller.

Not sure about [Insert Team Here] West Brom v Stoke.
    Fixed that for you.
  • Giroud is a class player. He has just been playing in front a load of crap for years. If he was at united under sir Alex the guy would've been getting 30 goals a season. He's underrated.