Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

HEIDAR HELGUSON SIGNS!!!!!

edited August 2008 in General Charlton
only kidding. according to the bbc gossip section we've been linked with a £1m bid. another striker?surely not. this came from the daily star and i dont believe it as pards said the only cash he was going to spend has been spent on our new parker. reassurance please guys?!!!!!

Comments

• its old news methinks, we'd hardly let big Chris go then buy this fella..
  • In our present financial situation, we wouldn't spend a £mill at the moment anyway, especially not on a very average ageing striker - we've got plenty of eager hungry front runners already.
  • [quote][cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]In our present financial situation, we wouldn't spend a £mill at the moment anyway, especially not on a very average ageing striker - we've got plenty of eager hungry front runners already.[/quote]

but are these front runners also angry Oggy???
  • As I said, eager rather angry, Mascot.

Dickson - will bite your hand off for a game
    Fleetwood - been on the scrapheap once, desperate to take a rare 2nd chance
    McLeod - will run through brickwalls for the team, pride won't see him dumped back into the lower leagues.
    He'll come good
    Toddy - desperate to prove he's not finished still in his late 20's
    Gray - found his role and scoring goals
    Varney - eager & hungry? Will even shag his manager if it means he's scoring goals!
  • edited August 2008
    Posted By: Oggy Red
    Toddy- desperate to prove he's not finished still in his late 20's

Until Saturday (his 30th birthday)!
  • Lol, F&H............!

Dose of my own medicine ...... (!)
  • I'd almost forgotten McLeod. Still reckon he might do well for us, especially if he can come in (perhaps as a sub) to a side already doing well. Seemed to be just the pressure he strugled with last time as we were so desperate for him to score. He and / or Dickson would give us plenty of pace on the bench!
  • Rather we didn't bother. Defenders instead please!
  • edited August 2008
    Looking at it from Pardew's point of view, where he stands now - he's got Varney, Gray, Dickson & Fleetwood match fit.
    Just 4 fit strikers.

He won't want injuries and silly suspensions.

Then he's got Toddy needing to build up fitness and get perhaps reserve matches under his belt before probably a place on the bench in a few weeks. Pards has said time and time again, he won't rush Toddy - but it's evident that he regards him as secret weapen No. 1, 'the quality player to unlock packed defences'

Mc Leod won't be ready to play for a couple of months yet, so presently not even on the radar.
    I feel we'll all get a surprise when a settled in and under no pressure McLeod is fit again.

Could be very useful for that 2nd part of the season.

Without the injuries, we've got 6 decent and very useful strikers at this level.
    Also, Ambrose, Bouazza and Sam could probably play up front if needed.

But even though we're only running with 4 fit forwards at the moment, I can't see Pards being tempted by an ageing journeyman, commanding high wages and a transfer fee we won't want to pay.
  • [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]Varney- eager & hungry? Will even shag his manager if it means he's scoring goals!

Lmfao! Oggy your on top form mate!!
  • Sponsored links:

• agreed binger lol
  • SE7SE7
    edited August 2008
    This is the kind of speculation that annoys me, can no-one see that our last missing piece of the jigsaw is a strong centre back to partner Hudson, I think I am speaking for the majority when I say that Fortune simply isn't good enough anymore, not that he ever was, and yes Gray and Varney may have only scored 10 between them last season thats £500,000 per goal, but I think they have finally began to understand each other and were simply awesome on the weekend against Reading, so please can we try and get a centre back instead of continueing to buy strikers who just sit on the bench, Chris Dickson, and Fleetwood probably for most of the season, if he even makes the squad!!!
  • How many times have we been linked with this player? I seem to remember there were rumours that he was coming to us when he was at Watford and Fulham, now he seems to be surplus to requirements at Bolton and the media are rehashing old rumours.
  • just for the record....it was only a rumour from the daily star guys, dont think you have much need for concern. i just wanted to see everyones reaction!