Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

And the Happiest Place to Live In England is....

West Sussex apparently.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-40961624

Any lifers down that way that will vouch for it?

Comments

• East Sussex LOL.
  • Dazzler21 said:

Yep - Horsham.

There's fewer moody looking people out and about, especially compared to cities.

Must be something about the cleaner air. Open fields and distance from Katrien.

Meh. A few years ago I wanted to move somewhere after my divorce. Looked at a few areas - Horsham being one of them. Some pretty moody looking areas in town. Ended up in Reigate, and then later Woking - much better
  • Does that include Crawley?
  • _MrDick said:

Does that include Crawley?

If the criteria for happiness is being an absolute scumbag and living by an airport then I can see how this conclusion was reached.
  • West Sussex apparently.

I think Large lives down there, which proves this news story is bollox.
  • IdleHans said:

Dazzler21 said:

Yep - Horsham.

There's fewer moody looking people out and about, especially compared to cities.

Must be something about the cleaner air. Open fields and distance from Katrien.

Meh. A few years ago I wanted to move somewhere after my divorce. Looked at a few areas - Horsham being one of them. Some pretty moody looking areas in town. Ended up in Reigate, and then later Woking - much better
    Gaaah! Surrey. Even the name of it sounds like an apology.
    Yeah, sure, it looks nice, but its just twinky little villages jammed up by badly parked Range Rovers, stay-at-home dyed blonde wives with invented problems and imaginary neuroses because they have far too much money to even know how to spend it, too much time on their hands and about five poxy horses each, which just about leaves them with enough time for shagging the pool boy while hubby's making his millions in the city.

Dreadful place.

And Croydon's in it.
    Living in one of the twinkly little villages you describe I can confirm the accuracy of this, but your wealth is determined by whether your wife is sleeping with the pool boy or gardener.
  • Sponsored links:

• Had a recent holiday in the woods near Petworth and can confirm that that corner of the world is fairly idyllic
  • edited August 2017
    Lived there for 2 years when I was very young in a small village/town around Billingshurst. Most beautiful place I've ever been and the best atmosphere but it was the only time I've not lived somewhere that was built up so might just be that city living isn't for me.

I already know I want to retire there so happy to see that come out. I'm a better scout than Driesen.

care to expand on that?

care to expand on that?
    Sorry, I should have put a smiley on that. I was suggesting that you're not a happy bunny at the moment and thought you lived in West Sussex.
  • edited April 2018
    Leuth said:

Had a recent holiday in the woods near Petworth and can confirm that that corner of the world is fairly idyllic

Was down in petworth today no chance of a 3 bed down there for 100k
  • Leuth said:

Had a recent holiday in the woods near Petworth and can confirm that that corner of the world is fairly idyllic

Would have been even better if you had stayed in a hotel :wink:
  • Leuth said:

Unless he's a bear.
  • MrLargo said:

Leuth said:

Unless he's a bear.
    Just ask him where he takes a shit
  • MrLargo said:

Leuth said:

Unless he's a bear.
    Just ask him where he takes a shit
    We can't shut you up now you have hit your 4-0 can we :smiley::smile:
  • Horsham is very nice but incredibly dull.