Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Bars in Liege

Looking for some advice, off to Spa this weekend for the F1 and am staying in Liege. Has anyone been and know of good pubs and bars in Liege? And know of prices within the Race Track for a few beers?

Thanks

Comments

• Maybe you could ask Roland
  • Now come on guys, that is in Sint -Truiden. Liege is a proper city with a life and a soul.

Can't help with pubs/bars because when i was there with Jacques from Standard he chose a small cafe to watch Standard's away game and then a very good but reasonably priced restaurant next door which serves traditional Belgian food. Can send you the details if you like. But from walking around there is a network of pedestrianised streets in the centre which seemed to be where the action is. Possibly on the riverfront nearby too.
  • Markg2004 said:

Looking for some advice, off to Spa this weekend for the F1 and am staying in Liege. Has anyone been and know of good pubs and bars in Liege? And know of prices within the Race Track for a few beers?

Thanks

A few of us are talking about going to Spa next year. How far is Liege from the circuit and are you camping or in a hotel?
  • If ever you like Italian food ... Liège is practically an Italian city.
    http://saveurs.be/5-restaurants-italiens-delicioso-a-liege/

In short: San Daniele gets good remarks. The last one is a bit more fancy (also the price tag) ...
  • I stayed in the youth hostel for one night when touring around. A good option, ok for a choice of restaurants but not in centre.
  • Markg2004 said:

Thanks

A few of us are talking about going to Spa next year. How far is Liege from the circuit and are you camping or in a hotel?
    Well worth a visit. Been three times and loved it every time. It's the Grand Prix that I look forward to the most each year, whether I'm going or not.
    Liege is about 30 miles from the circuit, but you have also got Aachen in Germany and Maastricht in Holland not much further away.
    I have stayed in Aachen twice and at a b&b, in the middle of nowhere, once. Preferred Aachen!
  • Markg2004 said:

Thanks

Well worth a visit. Been three times and loved it every time. It's the Grand Prix that I look forward to the most each year, whether I'm going or not.
    Liege is about 30 miles from the circuit, but you have also got Aachen in Germany and Maastricht in Holland not much further away.
    I have stayed in Aachen twice and at a b&b, in the middle of nowhere, once. Preferred Aachen!
    Cheers, would rather do b&b.
  • Markg2004 said:

Thanks

It's about 45 minutes to an hour by car. Staying in a hotel in the city centre. Apparently not too bad a drive down to the circuit. Will see on Saturday. Thought about camping there but realistically cost wise about the same with the drive and can go out in ton in the evenings.
  • Sponsored links:

• I'm going on Sat and Sun (GP not Liege) - never been before, looking forward to it- luckily i live close enough that i can just drive home in an hour. My boss was brought up in Spa, so he's been giving me some tips.