Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

League Cup Third Round Draw - 4.15am on Thursday

In China.

Seriously.

Comments

• If we get through it will be a three way tie playing some team càlled Charlton Athletic both home and away.
  • EFL sold their soul.

• WTF!!... Can understand the 1st Round being done in Thailand as its a company out there sponsoring the damned thing but what do China have to do with it?
  • WTF!!... Can understand the 1st Round being done in Thailand as its a company out there sponsoring the damned thing but what do China have to do with it?

I look forward to Charlton being drawn against Guangzhou Evergrande in the 3rd round...

I look forward to Charlton being drawn against Guangzhou Evergrande in the 3rd round...
    The cup is made out of china.
  • Sponsored links:

• This has Katrien Meire all over it. It's like the conferences the club pays £20,000 a time for her to attend, but she has no business being there and they have nothing to do with her role.

She's the sort of person who'd arrange something like this just for a jolly to China. What a waste of time/effort/money!
  • EFL makes risibly bad decision cos there's a few quid in it shocker!!!
    Whatever next?
    Rain on a bank holiday?
    Train drivers' strike around a bank holiday?
    Karl Robinson gabbling pure horseshit at nineteen to the dozen?
  • I wouldn't put it passed them to omit ball number four just to keep things sweet.
    Not that I am sour or anything, just wonder if the EFL will bow to superstition.
  • MrOneLung said:

An EFL spokesman said: "We understand that not everyone will agree on the timing of this week's round three draw, but in staging in this way it will give the competition both the maximum exposure in the UK, Chinese and South East Asian markets.

There will be no live coverage anywhere of the draw - on television or online - but details will be released on social media

Just thought I'd do a TL;DR for anyone there.
  • I can see their logic. If they screw up the draw yet again, most people in England will be asleep and won't know. I think it's time that a team that has already been eliminated gets into the draw.
  • seth plum said:

If we get through it will be a three way tie playing some team càlled Charlton Athletic both home and away.

So close, yet so far. That's what happens if we get knocked out.
  • Sponsored links:

• Haha, working 3rd shift this week finally has its advantages. After we're drawn away to Reading my pep shall surly subside
  • Would've been away at Brentford by the looks of it.

• Do Man U ever get a tough cup draw?
  • Palace v Huddersfield- I wonder if Zaha will be back from injury by then ?
  • Did Zaha get his injury from constantly diving around on a football pitch?
  • Barnsley and Derby scrap it out for a Wembley away day vs Spurs
  • That could genuinely be the dullest cup draw ever and that's without us in it to add our mixture of grey and greyer (or blue and bluer if we we were drawn away) all over it .
    There is not one tie there you think "oooh that could be a bit tastey"

Seriously who chooses the live games Cheltenham v West Ham shown when Blackburn v Burnley is taking place , last night .

Suppose it was good to have a League Two team on the TV yet why not pick the Blackburn game the day before instead of Sheffield United v Leicester City?
  • Barnsley and Derby scrap it out for a Wembley away day vs Spurs

If it ever happens? - that tweet says;

ties are to be played on the week commencing 18th September 2017
    Barnsley v Derby to be played on the 19th September 2017

What happened for the Barnsley game to be cancelled?