Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Edit: Chappell & Whitehand withdraw from Bromley meeting - Awaiting guidance on format

edited August 2008 in General Charlton
EDIT - Now confirmed that both are coming and the meeting will go ahead. Obviously for legal reasons there will be some questions they can't not answer but sure to be a good night

Starts 8.00 pm (14th October 2008)

It's free, you don't have to be a member, the beer is cheap, there are normally plenty of lifers in attendance and you get to ask the Chairman and Deputy Chairman of the PLC any question you like.

I believe that this will be Derek and Bob's first such meeting since stepping up to their new positions over the summer.

Bickley and Widmore WM Club
Tylney Road
Bromley
BR1 2SH

EDIT
Only one week away now and I'm sure there will be a lot to ask.

Still working on getting Pardew to come a meeting . He does seem to be consciously making more effort to communicate (ie the open training session) so you never know ; - )

Few dates for the diary.

14th October 2008 - AGM plus guests PLC Chairman Derek Chappell and PLC Deputy Chairman Bob Whitehand
4 November 2008 - Two current players (possibly Rob Elliot and Nicky Weaver but to be confirmed)
16 December 2008 - Xmas Party- Guest to be announced but have someone very interesting lined up
10 February 2009 - Steve Waggott - CEO
24 March 2009 - 5th Annual Bromley Pairs Quiz Night 2009. Everyone is welcome especially Shirty 5!
5 May 2009 - End of season meeting.

Comments

• Welcome back Henry, hope the Vendee was up to expectations? You missed a belter last Saturday - even Golfie managed a positive post! I'd love to go but it's a bit of a hike from Norwich. Presumably within the boundaries of what can be said online, you or somebody there will summarise the main issues/points to come out?
  • That is one of the longest subject headings I've ever seen
  • Would be great to get Pards to a CA meeting, Curbs was never keen for some reason.

:)
  • Henry, shame you missed Charlton's best performance for years :-(
  • edited October 2008
    Only two weeks away now and I'm sure there will be a lot to ask about.

Still working on getting Pardew to come a meeting . He does seem to be consciously making more effort to communicate (ie the open training session) so you never know ; - )

Few dates for the diary.

14th October 2008 - AGM plus guests PLC Chairman Derek Chappell and PLC Deputy Chairman Bob Whitehand
    4 November 2008 - Two current players (possibly Rob Elliot and Nicky Weaver but to be confirmed)
    16 December 2008 - Xmas Party- Guest to be announced but have someone very interesting lined up
    10 February 2009 - Steve Waggott - CEO
    24 March 2009 - 5th Annual Bromley Pairs Quiz Night 2009. Everyone is welcome especially Shirty 5!
    5 May 2009 - End of season meeting.
  • [cite]Posted By: Covered End[/cite]Henry, shame you missed Charlton's best performance for years :-(

Better than West Ham 4 - 0?

I heard we were lucky and they missed another pen. The "real" Charlton was the one at Watford, reading was just a flash in the pan : - )
  • Not quite as good as that but certainly best performance and game since then IMO.
  • they were lucky to get either pen, and the retake too..

• Do I have wear a cardigan?
  • [cite]Posted By: Covered End[/cite]Not quite as good as that but certainly best performance and game since then IMO.

Saw the goals on Virgin Media this morning and some real crackers. let's hope there are a few more like that not that I would complain about a few ground out 0 - 1 away wins either.
  • Sponsored links:

• [cite]Posted By: Charlton Dan[/cite]Do I have wear a cardigan?

You haven't got the class to carry off a cardigan but do wear your incontinence pads :- )
  • [cite]Posted By: razil[/cite]they were lucky to get either pen, and the retake too..

All three looked a bit soft but it is early season. Lots of pens and red cards until it settles down.
  • [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Charlton Dan[/cite]Do I have wear a cardigan?

You haven't got the class to carry off a cardigan but do wear your incontinence pads :- )

Meeeeoooooow
  • [cite]Posted By: Charlton Dan[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Charlton Dan[/cite]Do I have wear a cardigan?

Meeeeoooooow

lol
  • I think it was better than Wet Spam because they were so clearly a total shambles at the time whereas Reading gave us a game (with the help of the Ref who's name was Mr R. Eading).
  • I'm sure one of us will sticky this nearer the time Benjamin.
  • 2 weeks!!

I'll think about it...
  • [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]2 weeks!!

I'll think about it...

I can always ring Ketman's dad and get your name put on the "high risk" list if you don't : -)

Two weeks means people can plan ahead and wash their hair another night. Go on do it.
  • If anyone posts on other lists can you pass this on.
  • Sponsored links:

• Henry , If I had hair i'd be washing it that night.
    In fact , wish i stayed in and washed me 'ead last night.
  • Anyone else going to this?
  • I'll be there.
  • [cite]Posted By: Covered End[/cite]I'll be there.

Good to hear. Thought I was going to be on my todd.
  • I'll hopefully be there too, work committments permitted.
  • [cite]Posted By: LargeAddick[/cite]I'll hopefully be there too, work committments permitted.

Bring Golfie for a change.
  • edited October 2008
    Me, DaDoo Ron Ron and maybe BillyBoy will be in attendence....misserable oldish git may also make an apperarence I think...at least he's spoken about getting along to the odd meeting here and there?

PS...By the way, why haven't I won the raffle for a while? I used to win something quite regularly at one time...get it sorted Ben FFS!!
  • [cite]Posted By: SoundAsa£[/cite]Me, DaDoo Ron Ron and maybe BillyBoy will be in attendence....misserable oldish git may also make an apperarence I think...at least he's spoken about getting along to the odd meeting here and there?

PS...By the way, why haven't I won the raffle for a while? I used to win something quite regularly at one time...get it sorted Ben FFS!!

Don't buy the even numbers.. They never win.
  • [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: LargeAddick[/cite]I'll hopefully be there too, work committments permitted.

I'll try and drag him along, he normally visits clients in the evenings so all depends if he has appointments or not.
  • [cite]Posted By: LargeAddick[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: LargeAddick[/cite]I'll hopefully be there too, work committments permitted.

I'll try and drag him along, he normally visits clients in the evenings so all depends if he has appointments or not.

ahem ;o)