Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Dry Air Fryers

Comments

• Thought religion was banned on CL?
  • Wife and daughter love ours. Personally think they stink and don't like the taste of the food.
  • We've got a tefal actifry. We mainly use it for doing 'healthy' chips. Not as good as ones you do in a proper fryer, but much better than oven chips, imho.
  • Got a Philips one. It is absolutely fantastic.
  • Got a phillips one as well, its very good, great for chips!
  • Also have Tefal Actifry. Fantastic and relately healthy chips are back on the menu.
  • I have one . It's Brilliant. Most of the time you don't even have to put the teaspoon of oil in.
  • Do they stink the house out like a deep fat fryer?
  • Have the philips one and its excellent. No oil and does not smell.
  • We have one and used it once, you can't call them chips and oven baked wedges are better. What's wrong with oil? It's healthier than the potatoes.
  • Sponsored links:

• PopIcon said:

Do they stink the house out like a deep fat fryer?

No
  • Got a phillips one as well, its very good, great for chips!

I have this one - can't recommend it enough. The chips (french fries) taste the same and my kitchen never smells of a chip shop.

Apparently you can cook other things in it but I've only done hash browns and chips.
  • I have used it to cook more or less anything you would grill or bake. Especially if it has fat content in it as it crisps it up.

Also, if you buy fish and chip shop chips and finish them off in the air frier for 6-10 minutes depending on preference at 175 degrees (in the Philips ones that have frier baskets) they are 10x better.

Just doing things like chicken breast with a bit of olive oil on it and some seasoning is nicer.

A small cylinder of cheddar wrapped in chorizo (rollito), m&s breaded mozzarella sticks are also amazing.

The possibilities are endless, don't just do chips in them.
  • I'm about to buy a deep fat fryer for my new place, I've never heard of these things before, are they really better than a normal fryer?
  • edited August 2017

We have one and used it once, you can't call them chips and oven baked wedges are better. What's wrong with oil? It's healthier than the potatoes.

Wrong. They're a fantastic food source, dependant on what it is you're cooking them with etc. Not as a single food source though.