Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

That Dutch Bloke @ Palace

Is doing a marvellous job, no goals, no points, long may it continue......

Comments

• edited September 2017

@Lewis Coaches got it right when saying 'total football' wont suit Palace - they're a hoof it and chase club - if they lose to Southampton next week then they have Man City , Man United and Chelsea in the following 3 - they could end up with 8 games no points .
    Please God.

Was listening to the "On the Continent" podcast this past week, it's done by the lads at The Football Ramble with Andy Brassel and James Horncastle and they were saying how, by the end of his time in Holland De Boer was seen as a sort of rigid ideologue incapable of adapting. He obviously then went to Inter where it didn't work for him and where I think he had the same problem, although it's worth noting Inter have been a but of a basket case.

It's such an odd appointment from Palace. The idea of playing total football with Scott Dann as center back and club captain (sorry now vice captain or something) a "proper English center half" who gets in the way of everything and lumps the ball into row Z or the channels is strange. Long may it continue.
  • Hopefully a bit of a no win situation for palace here, either they stick with him with realistically things unlikely to change or they sack him and have to pay him a fortune!
  • The best thing about Palace is the fact they cant keep their Managers!!... Other than Pardew they keep having their Managers resign because they dont want to be there anymore!!

That attitude from Managers in modern day Football is a joke to describe Palace!!
  • Palace should've won that today, shocking backpass for the goal....but they then had so many chances after that

Shame ;)
  • Sponsored links:

• @Lewis Coaches got it right when saying 'total football' wont suit Palace - they're a hoof it and chase club - if they lose to Southampton next week then they have Man City , Man United and Chelsea in the following 3 - they could end up with 8 games no points .
    Please God.

Knowing them they'll lose to Southampton and just when we've got our hopes up, somehow manage to get seven points out of Man City, Many U and Chelsea.
    That's what Big Sam did last season, gutting
  • You can't polish a turd.
  • It can take years to change a teams style of play. Hopefully they'll let him seem it through come rain or shine. I'm sure total football would look great in league two
  • edited September 2017
    Agent De Boer:

"The singlet is red in spring"

• Looking forward to beating them this time next year and we can reclaim our rightful place as South London's #1.
  • Sponsored links:

• According to the BBC you have to go down to Oadby Town of the United Counties League for a team with as bad a start to the season.

Never heard of them, but I guess @ElfsborgAddick has been to their ground.

A few more years of De Boer, and Palace will be in the same league as them :smile:
  • edited September 2017

Their goal of the month competition will be extremely hard-fought.

What about asissts? I'd vote for yesterday's defence splitting pass..
  • Looking forward to beating them this time next year and we can reclaim our rightful place as South London's #1.

I don't like to dampen your optimism but it is still the first half of September.
  • Palice's next four games are against Southampton, both Mancs and Chelsea. I cannot see much of a return there which hopefully will ensure a long hard season.

• According to the BBC you have to go down to Oadby Town of the United Counties League for a team with as bad a start to the season.

Never heard of them, but I guess @ElfsborgAddick has been to their ground.

I've a mate who supports Oadby, I'll ask him what's gone wrong...
  • Palice's next four games are against Southampton, both Mancs and Chelsea. I cannot see much of a return there which hopefully will ensure a long hard season.

If there is one thing we learned last season it was that they will tease us with a shit run and then suddenly pick up a result against a top 6 side when you least expect it.
    They will sack de Boer at some point and appoint some Pulis/Allardyce type in time to save their bacon.
    They have money now.
  • stupid appointment .. de Boer, the farmer always sounds as though he's on mogadon and he always looks half asleep ..he should stick to raising sheep or cattle

I am looking forward to next season and a return to the good old days when we had all three sarf Lonnon teams in the same league/division, plenty of derbies to keep us all on our toes
  • you are assuming Millwall stay up then !