Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Smertin

Up for grabs on a free. Could be a replacement for ZZ possibly.
What do you think? Wouldn't get the goals but would still be very useful in this division.
Wages could be a problem though!
Also Collins John has been made available.

Comments

• He walked out on us a couple of years ago, so I doubt we'd want him back even if we could afford his wages.As for John I don't think we need another winger.
  • we don't need another winger?? We only have a couple, we need competition for places. Thought John was a striker anyway

No chance of signing Smertin, wages and he wouldnt drop a division
  • edited August 2008
    [cite]Posted By: Covered End[/cite]He walked out on us a couple of years ago, so I doubt we'd want him back even if we could afford his wages.As for John I don't think we need another winger.

He didn't exactly walk out on us. He was on loan and Chelsea preferred to loan him to someone else.
  • [cite]He didn't exactly walk out on us. He was on loan and Chelsea preferred to loan him to someone else.

Shame we did not learn, al a Sinclair
  • He plainly didn't walk out. He gave an interview (stupidly) to the NoTW saying Curbs wasn't up to the England job (correct) and that was the end of him, off to Siberia. I do not believe Chelsea forced our hand there. As for Sinclair, I'm delighted they recalled him, due to his being awful.
  • amen to that
  • [cite]Posted By: Mr-Invisible[/cite]
    No chance of signing Smertin, wages and he wouldnt drop a division

Rumours are that he's about to sign on loan for Cardiff
  • Yep all subject to a work permit

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/eng_div_1/default.stm
  • He and Bailey would be brillant lets hope we put in a late bid
  • [quote][cite]Posted By: STUBERNAITOR[/cite]He and Bailey would be brillant lets hope we put in a late bid[/quote]

what us LOL no chance
  • Sponsored links:

• We are only a late SELLING club.

;o)
  • He'll go to Cardiff for the only reason Haselbank and Fowler etc were there last year...
  • turned down a move to Cardiff
  • hmm - presumably his kids are at school in London, which is why he wouldn't move elsewhere in the UK before, so who knows !
  • lets hope we make a move
  • He's been released now.
  • http://www.walesonline.co.uk/footballnation/cardiff-city-fc/2008/09/02/smertin-s-change-of-heart-leaves-jones-frustrated-91466-21655738/

So, in the last couple of months, Dave Jones has been blown off by both Marcus Bent and Alexey Smertin. I think that this means that fortune has smiled on Cardiff not once, but twice, insofar as two potentially disastrous moves have been averted.
  • [cite]Posted By: collegeparkaddick[/cite]Dave Jones has been blown off by both Marcus Bent and Alexey Smertin.
    Suprised I didnt read about it in The Sun.
  • he wants to move back to russia cause he doesn't find the championship interesting.
  • Sponsored links:

• In an interview on today's Sky Premier League he said that, having retired, he had no desire to be a Coach or Agent but wanted to get into Politics and is now a MP in Russia.

Smertin
  • [cite]Posted By: Addick Addict[/cite]wanted to get into Politics and is now a MP in Russia.

Blimey ..... I wonder if he's a Tory?