Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Won't be trying these anytime soon

But agree with the sentiment.
Far too healthy.
Compliments of my local supermarket.
imageimage

Comments

• Slightly salty?
  • Slightly salty?

How would you even know ? ;0)
  • Don't go near there cheese an onion....
  • 1StevieG said:

Don't go near there cheese an onion....

I posted the pic with the genuine intention of light amusement - how naive am I?

Getting old but clearly not wise!

Appreciate the banter, though and I will definitely take your advice on avoiding the cheese & onion!
  • edited September 2017
    One way of a veggie getting protein.
  • edited September 2017
    cabbles said:

Did you know that sales of French lentils have shot through the roof because that's what they served at prince George's school for lunch

The people that have gone out and bought them off the back of this news need locking up

It's early in the day and I'm feeling a bit grumpy.
    Do you really think they bought them because Prince George's school serves them up?
    They bought them most likely because they had never heard of them and wanted to try something new.
    I certainly didn't know there was such a product and might buy some for my next slow cooker casserole ......but not because Prince George eats them.
    Thanks for letting me know cabbles, I'll be off to Waitrose in the next day or two, Christ, I hope they'll still have stock!
  • cabbles said:

Did you know that sales of French lentils have shot through the roof because that's what they served at prince George's school for lunch

The people that have gone out and bought them off the back of this news need locking up

No, I didn't know that. They are just a cheap ingredient used to bulk up food aren't they? The only reason the paysan in France developed all those sauces is because the meat in their stews was rotten and they had to mask the taste. We, in contrast, had the industrial revolution and could afford ingredients that weren't actually decomposing, and could just roast our beef.

Still, if it brings about the demise of couscous, I'm all for it.
  • edited September 2017
    cafcfan said:

cabbles said:

No, I didn't know that. They are just a cheap ingredient used to bulk up food aren't they? The only reason the paysan in France developed all those sauces is because the meat in their stews was rotten and they had to mask the taste. We, in contrast, had the industrial revolution and could afford ingredients that weren't actually decomposing, and could just roast our beef.

Still, if it brings about the demise of couscous, I'm all for it.
    Many of you may wonder why the French have so many high standard restaurants all over the country.....the answer is quite interesting.
    After the Revolution thousands of cooks from the chateaus and wealthy homes were left unemployed.
    The only thing they could do was to open their own establishments which thousands did.....in every town and village across the nation.
    But the story doesn't end there......the populous in turn insisted that they ate the same high standard of culinary offerings that the bourgeoisie had previously been provided......and woe betied anyone who fell short of those standards.
    Hence the peasants of France, who had previously eaten a very poor diet, were suddenly treated to a very fortunate and unexpected bonus!
  • Sponsored links:

• cabbles said:

Do you really think they bought them because Prince George's school serves them up?
    They bought them most likely because they had never heard of them and wanted to try something new.
    I certainly didn't know there was such a product and might buy some for my next slow cooker casserole ......but not because Prince George eats them.
    Thanks for letting me know cabbles, I'll be off to Waitrose in the next day or two, Christ, I hope they'll still have stock!
    https://www.aol.com/article/lifestyle/2017/09/19/prince-george-is-single-handedly-boosting-the-sale-of-lentils/23214817/
  • cabbles said:

cabbles said:

https://www.aol.com/article/lifestyle/2017/09/19/prince-george-is-single-handedly-boosting-the-sale-of-lentils/23214817/
    I don't believe it ..............AOL is still a thing?