Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

We are Sunday League

Did you ever play Sunday League football ? If you did then you will enjoy the book "We are Sunday League" by Ewan Flynn

Ewan is a Spurs fan and a real down to earth guy.

Anyone who ever played football will relate to him

I thought it was a cracking read.

Published by Pitch Publishing

Comments

• Thanks Ewan.
  • Just read the Preview on the Amazon website and yeah it doesnt look a bad book actually

Did have a laugh when I read that as an 11-year old his Sunday League team had a game over at Heathrow and on their changing room door were the words: "Hounslow, I did yer Mum"... Little did the boys realise they were talking about the place called Hounslow up the road rather than an insult towards one of their players: Ben Hounslow
  • How many copies have sold Ewan?

Sunday league football is pretty basic stuff and it's mostly how people will assume it will be. What kind of in-depth information and analysis is exclusively available in this book? I'm in a Sunday league team (playing a very light bit part at the moment) which I was a tad more involved with a few years ago.

I can't really think of any secrets or anything an outsider looking in might find interesting. That's just me though. Good luck with the book. If it's a worthy read then it's a worthy read.

• Any connection @wwtone

I ran a Sunday team for about 17 years and one of my big regrets was not keeping notes and carving out a book of some of the nonsense that went on. Sadly forgot most of it now
  • Any connection @wwtone

I ran a Sunday team for about 17 years and one of my big regrets was not keeping notes and carving out a book of some of the nonsense that went on. Sadly forgot most of it now

I think most Sunday league stories are a bit 'you had to be there'.

Erm, but good luck with the book wwtone.
  • edited September 2017
    I'm not sure why some people think this book is mine.............. It's NOT !!!

I know nothng at all about the author.

All I did was read it , enjoyed it and thought I'd recommend it.

He played at a decent level and one of his team went on to captain Gibraltar.

• Sponsored links:

• wwtone said:

I'm not sure why some people think this book is mine.............. It's NOT !!!

I know nothng at all about the author.

All I did was read it , enjoyed it and thought I'd recommend it.

He played at a decent level and one of his team went on to captain Gibraltar.

Wow! From the Sunday League to, er, the Sunday League overseas :smile:
  • Heard this on the radio this morning albeit courtesy of my insomnia. 

Surprised there was already a thread, but here is yer actual author Ewan Flynn recounting an amusing (imo) story.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/m0000mrz