Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Robinson on Godden...

Robinson, speaking to the SLP

“He wasn’t with us transfer deadline day.

“A lot of clubs have looked at Matt Godden – but if someone talked about taking any of my strikers I would find it very disrespectful.

“A lot of clubs like Matt Godden – but the one who likes him more than anyone else is the Stevenage manager.

“I’ll leave them be. Any business we do will be done club to club.”

Comments

• Strange that he's being asked the question now.

Only thing I'll take from that is: He's another club's player... I'm not going to talk about another club's player

So could be telling the truth, could be lying and doesnt want to be accused of tapping up
  • Robinson, speaking to the SLP

“A lot of clubs have looked at Matt Godden – but if someone talked about taking any of my strikers I would say help yourself".

“A lot of clubs like Matt Godden – but the one who likes him more than anyone else is the Stevenage manager.

• Robinson, speaking to the SLP

“A lot of clubs have looked at Matt Godden – but if someone talked about taking any of my strikers I would find it very disrespectful.

"He wasn’t with us transfer deadline day" - does this mean that we tried to get him but couldn't get it across the line?
  • who would want godden when you can have dodoo
  • se9addick said:

"He wasn’t with us transfer deadline day" - does this mean that we tried to get him but couldn't get it across the line?
    It means he's refuting the rumour that Godden was at Sparrows Lane ready to sign on deadline day only for the deal to fall through when they asked for an extra 20%
  • se9addick said:

It means he's refuting the rumour that Godden was at Sparrows Lane ready to sign on deadline day only for the deal to fall through when they asked for an extra 20%
    Godden + VAT.

Bloody EU.

• "T'rrific player, not ganna talk abaat another clubs player, but he's a t'rrific player, would love to have a t'rrific player like him here but he's another clubs player so not gonna talk baat it"

Straight out of the 'arry school of transfers