Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Wigan Advance purchase train tickets-Friday 29th December 19.45 Kick-off

Advance tickets now on sale,unfortunately the quickest direct route between Euston/Wigan is very expensive with the cheapest outgoing tickets costing £41.00 [£24.50]
With the return costing between £26.00 [£17.50] & £41.00 [£24.50].
A much cheaper route is via Birmingham New Street where there are singles available for £8.00 [£5.30] between Euston/Birmingham in each direction & £12.00 [£7.90] outwards,£10.00 [£6.50] Between Wigan/Birmingham New St.Allow about 30 mins for changing at Birmingham.
Railcard fares in brackets.
This trip requires an overnight stay in Wigan.

Comments

• Is this on telly?
  • clive said:

Advance tickets now on sale,unfortunately the quickest direct route between Euston/Wigan is very expensive with the cheapest outgoing tickets costing £41.00 [£24.50]
    With the return costing between £26.00 [£17.50] & £41.00 [£24.50].
    A much cheaper route is via Birmingham New Street where there are singles available for £8.00 [£5.30] between Euston/Birmingham in each direction & £12.00 [£7.90] outwards,£10.00 [£6.50] Between Wigan/Birmingham New St.Allow about 30 mins for changing at Birmingham.
    Railcard fares in brackets.
    This trip requires an overnight stay in Wigan.

A catch if ever there was one
    I stayed up there for the 3-0 game.

Wigan is a cracking night out. The Anvil behind Wigan Wallgate station is fantastic, the locals very friendly and very friendly prices.
  • Is this on telly?

As mentioned on another thread this game was brought forward at the beginning of the season & as yet has not been chosen for live tv coverage.
  • Wigan is a great night out.
  • Wigan is a great night out.

Agreed.
  • Me and the boy and my Dad will be at this one. Staying in Wigan and then heading over to Liverpool on the Saturday and hope to get tickets for Liverpool v Leicester. Looking forward to it....

Got our three train tickets for all journies for £134 which thought was okay.
  • clive said:

Is this on telly?

As mentioned on another thread this game was brought forward at the beginning of the season & as yet has not been chosen for live tv coverage.
    Probably originally brought forward as they felt a game a day before News Years Eve may be problematic for both sets of supporters - or the rugby team were at home and would draw the crowd away :smile:
  • Virgin sale,this may save some people a few pounds,if they haven't already booked.

https://www.virgintrains.co.uk/sale/?
  • Tempted by this one... but may stay in Liverpool or Manchester overnight
  • Sponsored links:

• clive said:

Virgin sale,this may save some people a few pounds,if they haven't already booked.

https://www.virgintrains.co.uk/sale/?

Thanks as always, Clive.

Will certainly take a look today.
  • Thanks. just got a return to Liverpool for 22 quid. Bargain.
  • Curb_It said:

Thanks. just got a return to Liverpool for 22 quid. Bargain.

I got a £22 return to Manchester, cos I'm mad for it :smile:
  • Was hoping to go to this game as a colleague from work comes from Wigan and his mates have a private box there. Sadly i am on nights over the new year and the fixture date ruined that.