Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

5Th and 7Th

Don`t know if this has already been spoken about on here, Why have the league changed our cup game to Sunday when we have a game on the following Tuesday.

Comments

• edited October 2017
    Gazza6 said:

Don`t know if this has already been spoken about on here, Why have the league changed our cup game to Sunday when we have a game on the following Tuesday.

Dont forget the 7th is only Portsmouth in the Football League Trophy

With the 5th being the FA Cup I doubt the League have had much of say in the changing of this date and is probably down to the organisers of the Cup (the FA) and the BBC wanting to exercise their Television rights... Nothing else matters to them
  • it's in a Cup where no one is interested and we are likely to field a second 11 anyway, no issue, move on.
  • Millwall are at home on the Sat
  • Nicholas said:

Millwall are at home on the Sat

We both played at Home last season on the same date though (I dont mean when we played each other)
  • It’s been moved for bbc tv. As one of their highlight games. They are allowed to move 8 games to Sunday 2pm ko. They have a show where they show highlights there and then if anything happens.
  • it's in a Cup where no one is interested and we are likely to field a second 11 anyway, no issue, move on.

Could make a case for that being true of both the cup games
  • edited October 2017
    The FA Cup match is rescheduled by the BBC as one of their football focus - one camera - "highlights" games (no, me neither) and we're drawn against one of the lower ranked sides, so a token amount of the TV money gets distributed a bit further down the pyramid. Tuesday night's game is a meaningless obligation to a sponsor we've never heard of. Given how thin the squad actually is, I'd reckon there'll be quite a lot of similarity between the starting 11's in both matches, Gobby's main focus (should) will be on the following Saturday's league fixture so there's nothing to gain from pushing the sherpa-van trinket match to Wednesday.

BTW s/b 5th and 7th
  • wouldn't mind a go in the cup, don't mean to shatter dreams here or be accused of wanting the club to lose/not a real fan. just a realist imo we wont get autos (be over the fucking moon if i'm proved wrong), playoffs should be expected not something were immensely proud of.
  • For those, like me who were confused by this, our FA Cup game v Truro has been moved to Sunday 5 November at 2pm.
    We play Portsmouth on the tuesday in the silly cup which will consist of the youngsters and JJ. Both at home.
    On Saturday 11 we are scheduled to play Shrewsbury A. This game may be post-poned if Konsa and Da Silva get England call ups. We are almost certain to miss Josh on that day as NI have their play offs that weekend.
  • Means we will play a stronger team on the Sunday than perhaps we'd have liked. Can see us playing something along the lines of:

FA Cup
    Phillips
    Solly Konsa Sarr Edwards
    Lapslie Kashi
    Fosu Reeves Marshall
    Dodoo

FA Trophy
    Maynard-Brewer
    Barnes Bowry Blumberg Page
    Jackson Maloney Dijksteel
    Yamfam Hackett-Fairchild Ahearne-Grant

Resting Amos, Bauer, Dasilva, Forster-Caskey, Clarke, Holmes and Magennis in the process
  • Sponsored links:

• would it not just be sensible to move the Pompey cup game to the Wednesday - or is this not allowed or beyond the brains of the SMT - especially as I doubt we will have a game on the Saturday.
  • To be fair the Portsmouth FL Trophy game probably wont matter

If we beat Fulham U21s next Tuesday we'll Qualify for the second round regardless of the Portsmouth result
  • Nicholas said:

Millwall are at home on the Sat

We both played at Home last season on the same date though (I dont mean when we played each other)
    oh ok didnt realise that. Must be the pointless BBC programme on the Sunday then.
  • would it not just be sensible to move the Pompey cup game to the Wednesday - or is this not allowed or beyond the brains of the SMT - especially as I doubt we will have a game on the Saturday.

We wouldn't do this until we are 100% sure the Shrewsbury game is P-P. Maybe too late by then.
  • To be fair the Portsmouth FL Trophy game probably wont matter

If we beat Fulham U21s next Tuesday we'll Qualify for the second round regardless of the Portsmouth result

Let's not get too far ahead of ourselves and dream too big. #TheRoadToWembleyOrSomethingThisIsDumb