Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

palace away games

edited September 2008 in Match Day Travel
What stories do you all have of this fixture? My best is boxing day away back in the early 80s a load of us ended up in anerly due to no trains!also a night game in the league cup crazy days!
The boxing day one at least 70 charlton went in to the arthur waite bit they all got ejected.When we ground shared with them at least 200 met for a beer at victoria, great days!
Been to loads of other fixtures with them. my worst one was when they sang to us Charlton are going no where my best was we sent the palarse down!lol

Comments

• Tav have to be a bit careful on this one. I remember a night game when the away fans were in the white horse end (now sainsburys) and all you could see was a pair of white sta-pressed flying across the holmsdale end as a big gap opened up. You had to watch out for who was about. Another time around 100 of us got to Anerley about 11 in the morning and wandered about aimlessley(sp) for a few hours until the OB turned up. Lots of others (most when you were there as well) but don't want to get myslef into trouble with the powers that be.
  • 1969, fa cup 3rd round replay, wednesday night, walking from sydenham because the traffic was backed-up all the way and not moving, 2-0 to us...one fantastic night...
  • Kent Cup 1975 - Their 'mob' tried to take us on...All 4 of them. They were a freak show. One of them was a hippy, another a skinhead with a pair of Cherry Reds and a bloke who looked like Billy Bunter. We bumped into the famous 4 the following year at Waterloo when we were on our way to Reading for a PSF and they were going to Bournemouth. They took one look at us and ran a mile and we didn't do or say anything.
  • Play off semi Lee Bowyer days met in Charing Cross about midday for the evening kick off took over three pubs with a mob of about 500 walking straight through Charing X
  • mind you the old bill jumped on us like a rash outside the cherry trees
  • the boxing day game
    alders sale alders sale
  • They can never overcome their Goat House embarrassment!
  • The 3-3 when Harry Gregory should have scored from a penalty and also losing at palace 2-1 colin powell scored just before half time but we couldn't come back in the second half both well attended games.
  • 2007 Old Pissie PAnts

Nuff SaiD
  • the year we took 6-7k over there when we were pushing for promotion and kitson sneaked one in , palace were on the pitch begging at half time cos they were skint and we all took the pee
    palace fans were moaning on the radio afterwards saying that charlton fans were out of order and that we had such short memories cos they helped us out blah blah blah
    so i rang up (capital gold?) and went on air and said palace took the pee out of us when we were skint/ground sharing etc and then got my cliches mixed up by saying the ball's on the other foot now(instead of shoe is on the other foot) and tony gale just buried me for getting the cliche wrong but i thought my f**k up was more appropriate!!
  • Sponsored links:

• Left , "pissiepants ?"
    oh , thats right , didn't it start on atrain outside Sydenham.......................
  • Starting "Again, we'll never play you again" with Henry Irving :)
  • [cite]Posted By: oohaahmortimer[/cite]the year we took 6-7k over there when we were pushing for promotion and kitson sneaked one in , palace were on the pitch begging at half time cos they were skint and we all took the pee
    palace fans were moaning on the radio afterwards saying that charlton fans were out of order and that we had such short memories cos they helped us out blah blah blah
    so i rang up (capital gold?) and went on air and said palace took the pee out of us when we were skint/ground sharing etc and then got my cliches mixed up by saying the ball's on the other foot now(instead of shoe is on the other foot) and tony gale just buried me for getting the cliche wrong but i thought my f**k up was more appropriate!!

Remember that one when Chrissy Powell set up Kitson with 10 mins to go. Whole of half time we were making as much noise as possible to down the pleads for cash from broke palace. Brilliant atmosphere, and for some reason the low-scoring games always seem to be like that. Like ohah, remember the nigels ringing up the radios saying that "it's more than a matter of football rivalry" and "we were bang out of order" and all that, just for taking the piss at half time. Love that to happen this time as well. Seem to remember standing the whole game as well... can't remember that happening for a while....
  • that women phoning Capital Gold will stay with me for ever, Fair play to Tony Gale asking her if she remembers he abuse we used to get whilst sharing their shite hole and the fact that he would have thought it unadvisble in any local derby.. she was well unimpressed that day will stay long in the memory, Last Season wet yourself contest won by ??? was one of the funniest afternoons ever, shame the reason for the delay will be remembered for the wrong reason
  • [cite]Posted By: Alex Wright[/cite]Starting "Again, we'll never play you again" with Henry Irving :)

Great stuff. Clinton Morrison even mentioned it in the press saying he didn't think it would be never again as we were likely to get relegated again soon.

Totally missing the point that they were close to going out of business.
  • Was it the Kitson 1-0 game where they had a terrible fat woman streaker?
  • [cite]Posted By: Chris_from_Sidcup[/cite]Was it the Kitson 1-0 game where they had a terrible fat woman streaker?

No they had a terrible fat women begging for money and she got the piss taken out of her something rotten.
    It was f*cking brilliant.
  • i remember a streaker, but a fat bloke, at the playoff game there think we lost 3-1 , around 95/96 perhaps!
  • edited September 2008
    * The Long walk
    * Lewisham
    * "Alison --alison--alison shut your mouth"
    * The visiting cards
    * "we`ll never play you never again"
    * The Princess of Wales
    * A guy with the slege hammer

PS LTGTR ---- Ray Tracey 2 nil
  • [cite]Posted By: Tavern[/cite]What stories do you all have of this fixture? My best is boxing day away back in the early 80s a load of us ended up in anerly due to no trains!also a night game in the league cup crazy days!
    The boxing day one at least 70 charlton went in to the arthur waite bit they all got ejected.When we ground shared with them at least 200 met for a beer at victoria, great days!
    Been to loads of other fixtures with them. my worst one was when they sang to us Charlton are going no where my best was we sent the palarse down!lol

That early victoria meet, never seen so many "lads", had a west ham fella with us, he still cant believe it to this day, great turnout.
  • Sponsored links:

• * A guy with the slege hammer

Was that the bloke outside the ground who got out of his car?
  • yes indeed it was Stonemuse one big geezer with an even bigger hammer . Looked like Thor out of the kids mags.

DA9 that was the Long Walk i mentioned.
  • Remember it well lol. He was bloody massive ... as was the hammer!
  • [cite]Posted By: Badger[/cite]palace 2-1 colin powell scored just before half time but we couldn't come back in the second half

I went to that game. There was trouble before and afterwards. Paddy's goal was fantastic - I can still see it now.