Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Comments

• No surprise really, do fear could be curtains for Sunderland if they went down to league 1 huge stadium crippling debts, just shows the ridiculous difference between pl and efl
  • He's only just put his family photo on his desk, hasn't he?
  • No surprise
  • No surprise really, do fear could be curtains for Sunderland if they went down to league 1 huge stadium crippling debts, just shows the ridiculous difference between pl and efl

They're a train wreck but they'll still get twice our attendances if they drop down to league one.

They're a train wreck but they'll still get twice our attendances if they drop down to league one.
    Whilst I agree ticket revenue isn’t a great source of income for a club say there tickets were £30 a pop, that’s 600k based on 20,000 attendance, realistically max 450k a home match with running costs etc players wages, there 110.4 million in debt.
  • Not exactly a shock. They haven't won a home game all year.
  • Everard, has become interim manager
  • Look likely to be heading down again this season. Club is paying for a series of bad appointments and sackings
  • If they can sort their defence out i think they'll be ok. Scoring goals isn't their problem, they've scored as many as Sheff Utd and Middlesbrough and more than Villa.
  • edited November 2017
    "hi, Sam, how ya doing? Fancy your old job back?"
  • Sponsored links:

• edited November 2017
    I don't pay a huge amount of attention to the championship, so was amazed to see that they've won one game all season. I wonder how many of their fans had used the 'Relegation isn't so bad. At least we'll win some games now' line.
  • Am not surprised as always felt Grayson was a strange appointment by Sunderland - They're like Villa though and have had such a rotten core to the club of late he needed time to get the runaway train to slow down, stop and then start getting it in the right direction again.

In a way Slade did do that for us which has made Robinson's job so much easier so hopefully for Sunderland; Grayson has done the same for them... After all in Lewis Grabban they've got a damned good goalscorer at this level

He got 124 days. That's nearly 3 times what Les Reed got at Charlton and almost 18,000 times longer than Leroy Rosenior's stint at Torquay.

The shocking stat for Sunderland though is that they've gone 320 days without a home win.
  • Hopefully they get a new man in, in time to break the run in their next home match..............v Millwall
  • the irony is that the club he left is enjoying a pretty good season in the championhip

Seriously? Who the f*** does that??
  • the irony is that the club he left is enjoying a pretty good season in the championhip

to be fair; Preston didnt have a bad season last year with Grayson
  • If they can sort their defence out i think they'll be ok. Scoring goals isn't their problem, they've scored as many as Sheff Utd and Middlesbrough and more than Villa.

Should get Michael Gray in.

Defence sorted and they don't get penalties anyway.
  • I saw their only win this season at Carrow Road. They looked O.K. and Grabban scored a couple of goals.
    The statistics are frightening, they haven't won a home game since last December.
  • Sponsored links:

• Regardless of who takes over; the whole of the North East needs to sort itself out... Its one of those areas that is a proper Footballing area of the country with really crazy passionate fans

A few years ago we had Newcastle | Sunderland | Middlesbrough in the top flight and Hartlepool in League One

Now we've only got Newcastle in the top-flight (Having only just returned yet making a good fist of it) - Sunderland appear to be in freefall and who knows where they'll stop, whilst Middlesbrough despite finally getting back to the Premier League dropped straight out with barely any fight in them and now dont really look likely to return this season.

Hartlepool on the other hand are now struggling in the National League with Gateshead and if you take a look at Darlington and what happened with them, there is no certainty that Hartlepool will stroll back into the Football League
  • sunderland are a very well supported club, but just shows what money does to the clubs, im pretty resigned to the fact that at 27 ill probably never see charlton in the prem and stay there for a number of consecutive seasons again.
  • When I was 27 I thought we would spend most of my life either in the prem or trying to seriously get back in it, I am 38 now!!!

No idea what my expectations will be in 11 months time, let alone 11 years.
  • Another incentive to make sure we get promoted this season, because if they were relegated you would have to imagine they would bounce straight back up like Wolves.

• Charlton were in the Prem when @Riscardo was 27 and doubtless he will still be 27 if and when we return :wink:
  • Regardless of who takes over; the whole of the North East needs to sort itself out... Its one of those areas that is a proper Footballing area of the country with really crazy passionate fans

A few years ago we had Newcastle | Sunderland | Middlesbrough in the top flight and Hartlepool in League One

Now we've only got Newcastle in the top-flight (Having only just returned yet making a good fist of it) - Sunderland appear to be in freefall and who knows where they'll stop, whilst Middlesbrough despite finally getting back to the Premier League dropped straight out with barely any fight in them and now dont really look likely to return this season.

Hartlepool on the other hand are now struggling in the National League with Gateshead and if you take a look at Darlington and what happened with them, there is no certainty that Hartlepool will stroll back into the Football League

I live in the North East and one club to watch out for with big ambitions is South Shields FC!!!
  • Another incentive to make sure we get promoted this season, because if they were relegated you would have to imagine they would bounce straight back up like Wolves.

Wolves have been in the Championship for the last three seasons and not in the Prem since the 2011/12 season

Not much bouncing there?

Wolves have been in the Championship for the last three seasons and not in the Prem since the 2011/12 season

Not much bouncing there?
    From L1 back to Championship is what the poster meant I think - 2013-14 season