Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Dartitis

Never heard of it before this week
But Berry Van Peer is currently suffering from this, watched his match on Monday against Cameron Menzies and it was so hard to watch, he managed to win and you saw how much it meant to him when he burst into tears.

Watching him again tonight it is heartbreaking to see he is currently 9-2 behind

Comments

• Eric Bristow went from being virtually unbeatable to an average player (in professional standards) almost overnight because of dartsitis.
  • What is it ? like the yips?
  • What is it ? like the yips?

Exactly like the yips - sufferers can't let go of the dart.
  • Dartiitis is very common. Eric Bristol and John Lowe had it as well as James Wade and John Part.
  • Must be so frustrating.

Van Peer had an average of about 95 in losing to Suljovic, which is not bad at all.

Hope he sorts it because he looks like a decent player.
  • Not seen him but I had it for a while and I only played in the bank league in the city. Usually the first dart affected but once released had to literally throw next two as fast as possible.

Our team got a league warning when there was bit of pushing and shoving after one of the oppo shouted out 'just throw it you drama queen '
  • I suffered a very similar thing for a short time but with golf.
    Would set myself up stood over the ball but just couldn’t swing.
    It’s really hard to explain to people who have never experienced it.
    It’s like I was completely overthinking everything and something at the back of my mind would be nagging away that I was not properly set.
  • bbob said:

Mate of mine had a similar thing when it came to handing over the cash for his round....

Wasn’t @ElfsborgAddick was it?
  • bbob said:

Mate of mine had a similar thing when it came to handing over the cash for his round....

Elfsborg?
  • Sponsored links:

• clb74 said:

bbob said:

Elfsborg?
    P*** off Flaggy.
  • Watching the darts last night & thinking. ......