Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Alberto Moreno

Missed the birth of his son to play for liverpool today

Getting a lot of credit from Liverpool fans and players because of his decision.

Personally I think he made the wrong choice, nothing is more important than the birth of your children, I was right there for the birth of my daughter and am glad

Comments

• Missed the birth of his son to play for liverpool today

Getting a lot of credit from Liverpool fans and players because of his decision.

Personally I think he made the wrong choice, nothing is more important than the birth of your children, I was right there for the birth of my daughter and am glad

There will come a day when he will almost certainly regret missing the birth of his son. If he had missed playing to be at the birth of his son I can’t imagine he would ever have regretted that decision.

• A slightly odd decision for me, when the game wasn't especially important, and especially because we are in an era of squad rotation, when most players at the top clubs don't play every game anyway.

He could have missed today, and played Tuesday against Sevilla.
  • Not sure that I could have done that but, clearly Moreno has done his research:

"Some people believe football is a matter of life and death. I am very disappointed with that attitude. I can assure you it is much, much more important than that."

Bill Shankly
  • May well be that they were already in Southampton and Alberto Jr arrived early or something.

Odd not to leave straight away though.
  • May well be that they were already in Southampton and Alberto Jr arrived early or something.

I hope not... Game was in Liverpool
  • edited November 2017

May well be that they were already in Southampton and Alberto Jr arrived early or something.

I hope not... Game was in Liverpool
    Oops! Saw Klopp said they were all in a hotel and assumed it was away!!
  • Did Liverpool a favour!