Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Michael O'Neil

This is where football management confuses me.

Michael O'Neil proud northern irish man in charge of his own countries national team.

Got them throughy to euros
Got them to world cup play off and close to qualifing

World rankings
Northern Ireland 23rd
Scotland 29th

Yet he is most probably gonna leave Northern Ireland for Scotland

Comments

• edited November 2017
    This baffled me as well but apparently he lives in Edinburgh

Read prior to the Pulis sacking that West Brom wanted him as well so might not even take the Scotland job
  • edited November 2017

This is where football management confuses me.

Michael O'Neil proud northern irish man in charge of his own countries national team.

Got them throughy to euros
    Got them to world cup play off and close to qualifing

World rankings
    Northern Ireland 23rd
    Scotland 29th

Yet he is most probably gonna leave Northern Ireland for Scotland

The thing that confuses me most is why anybody would want to manage Scotland?

They should just get Berti Vogts back in charge.
  • This baffled me as well but he lives in Edinburgh

Read prior to the Pulis sacking that West Brom wanted him as well so might not even take the Scotland job

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/42034154 - The former Brechin City and Shamrock Rovers boss, who lives in Edinburgh, is under contract until 2020 on a deal believed to be worth £500,000 a year.
  • He has too he is on a driving ban for DD how’s he going to get to work
  • Ex hibs (amongst other Scottish teams) and he and his family still live in Edinburgh, similar job with a higher salary.

His mum has just passed away so doubt he'll be in a rush to discuss job offers
  • I thought the same thing, but as others have said, he lives in Scotland.

Still find it odd though
  • Money, money money & why bloody not, also NI squad is aged & Scotland do have some great youths coming through so a footballing no brainer.
  • Has been offered a new six year deal to stay Northern Ireland manager. Wonder what contract they would have offered him if he wasn't in such demand.
  • If i was him i'd hold out for a prem or championship job. Won't be short of offers and even a bottom half championship side will pay him more than 500k a year.

Coleman has just pretty much tripled his salary by going to Sunderland.
  • Sponsored links:

• Rangers should make a move.
  • edited January 2018
    Turned down Scotland job
    Malky Mackay now favourite
    Followed by Alex McLeish

Edited as I realised i am not Yoda
  • edited January 2018

Turned down Scotland job
    Malky now favourite Mackay
    Followed by Alex McLeish

How is McLeish the second favourite Mackay?
  • Turned down Scotland job
    Malky now favourite Mackay
    Followed by Alex McLeish

How is McLeish the second favourite Mackay?
    Judge me do not
    Talk like this i do
    Jedi master i am
  • Good am glad he did turn them down... Northern Ireland are a National Team on the way up - It may have been an easier job (the Scotland role) for him in terms of commuting as he lives in Edinburgh but definitely tougher in terms of the seedings etc.
  • didn't want the old Irish drunk anyway...
  • edited January 2018

didn't want the old Irish drunk anyway...

• didn't want the old Irish drunk anyway...

This might have been meant as a joke but apparently its not far from the truth according to people at Shamrock Rovers.
  • el-pietro said:

didn't want the old Irish drunk anyway...

This might have been meant as a joke but apparently its not far from the truth according to people at Shamrock Rovers.
    I was quite happy for him to be offered the job but not massively disappointed that he turned it down (I'm more upset at how far behind the Scottish game is).

it is no secret that he likes a drink and he was convicted of drink driving in October (3 times the limit in the early hours of the morning).